Plagued pets!

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Krauth
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Plagued pets!

Unread post by Krauth »

Just discovered you can ooze pets and retain the effect!

Was 100% a mistake by me falling down a ledge lol!

So basically you go to maldraxxus, aggro a pet u want to tame, dive into the oozed area, hit tame fast (the plague stacks will destroy your hp) when u finish taming make sure u are deep enough the pet will be soaked in the ooze effect when he becomes your pet, right after he dings as your tame, mount up and fly up forcing the pet to despawn. =3

I tested it and the plagued effect remains in the stables, arena, dungeons, spec swap, raids and whatnot. Tame away friends!

Edit: I just found out you can plague any pet, all you gotta do is dive in, mount up and the plague effect remains, even trough arena, but if u put the pet as animal companion BM talent or u dive in and back out, the effect is canceled.

Edit2: Certain pets are unstable on arenas and depending will lose the ooze (mostly undead pets like Reban), after lots of testing i suggest not entering if you aren't using the taming method, just soaking old tames in the ooze.
Attachments
Plagued Corpseflie
Plagued Corpseflie
1.jpg (176.95 KiB) Viewed 7051 times
Plagued Corpseflie
Plagued Corpseflie
2.jpg (162.9 KiB) Viewed 7051 times
Taming Process p1
Taming Process p1
3.jpg (423.87 KiB) Viewed 7051 times
Taming Process p2
Taming Process p2
4.jpg (439.82 KiB) Viewed 7051 times
Tamed!
Tamed!
5.jpg (236.58 KiB) Viewed 7051 times
Plagued Flayed Wing
Plagued Flayed Wing
6.jpg (187.85 KiB) Viewed 7051 times
Reban Plagued
Reban Plagued
WoWScrnShot_110521_170102.jpg (162.33 KiB) Viewed 7040 times
Arena plagued
Arena plagued
WoWScrnShot_110521_170126.jpg (419.52 KiB) Viewed 7040 times
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Re: Plagued pets!

Unread post by worgpower »

We discovered this last year, but I still love it and I’m glad blizzard didn’t hotfix or remove it because it looks good on some pets, especially plain ghostly pets and soulseekers
Krauth
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Krauth »

worgpower wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:23 pm We discovered this last year, but I still love it and I’m glad blizzard didn’t hotfix or remove it because it looks good on some pets, especially plain ghostly pets and soulseekers
Oh i'm sorry, i kept up with most of the pet hunting, but i wasn't aware this was discovered back then.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Krauth wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:39 pm
worgpower wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:23 pm We discovered this last year, but I still love it and I’m glad blizzard didn’t hotfix or remove it because it looks good on some pets, especially plain ghostly pets and soulseekers
Oh i'm sorry, i kept up with most of the pet hunting, but i wasn't aware this was discovered back then.
It’s ok, no need to be sorry
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by ace_of_hearth »

Wow, thanks for the post OP! I don't really come to this site often, I'm so glad you posted this! because I really had no idea that this is possible! <3
Lemonsniffer

Unread post by Lemonsniffer »

thank you so much, I've been trying to figure this out for a while now, ever since I saw another hunter with the green tint.
Cassady
Realm: Sargeras

Unread post by Cassady »

Not sure when it happenned but I tried using one my plagued pets and it didn't have the tint anymore. Checked all my stabled pets that had the tint and they lost it as well. Went to Maldraxxus to try to get the tint again but it didn't work so it must have been patched out :/