9.2 PTR Beast Thread

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Re: 9.2 PTR Beast Thread

Unread post by DannyGreen »

Little disappointed I can't use a snail. But the thing that interests me the most in all of this, is the fact pets are landing when not moving.
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Valnaaros wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:24 pm I personally don't think that they should be in Carapids.
Same. I want a snail as Survival. If they're exotic, I will rage.

If they don't want to make a Gastropod family, rename the Beetle Family to something like "Hardshells" like has been done in the past with pet families (like Quilen to Stone Hounds, etc.) to match the updated variety.

Or, better yet, do what we've been asking for years and remove Exotic Pets being BM only in 9.2, just leave the extra abilities for BM-only for certain families. Leave Spirit Beasts as BM-Only as well.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Altered wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:59 am I tried to find a tamable Axolotl but there is none, only Axolotl i could find was a rare named Otiosen at Caatalyst Gardens.
If anyone happens to find one, please let us know!
As of right now, there are no axolotls that are tameable. Otiosen is in the Carapid family for some weird reason, but isn't tameable. Any other axolotl is either in the same boat or is a lvl 60 critter.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Aroim wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:21 am Image
Yes, that one is Feasting. Has an interesting name :)
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

i found Items for Hadeon the Stonebreaker, Garudeon and Orixal (maybe you need items for the prime ones to be able to tame them)
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

If they are meant to be tames, I hope to god the item is reuseable, or it makes the mob friendly to other players. Cause taming a rare spawn is gonna be hell, let alone if we lose the item when we make it tameable.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

We'll see if they end up being used. It is possible that they were planning on having us use those items in order to tame them and then changed their minds. As it currently stands, you don't need the items to tame them.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Cipherclad is another Cervid that uses an armored appearance.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've updated our database with all the 9.2 stuff I had on hand, which was mostly collected by Valnaaros. Thanks heaps Val!

https://www.wow-petopia.com/patch92.php

Our guide now shows which looks are tameable and which aren't. Please let me know if I missed anything. I need to go back through the posts here and check.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Happy to help, Wain :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The Desert Roost Mother is tameable and uses the armored red Raptora variant.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Later I’ll check if the black lupine with a white face will be tameable, I want that one, and a hooded Viperid, the hood makes them look cooler and less naked
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Currently, there are no viperids that are a beast and have a hood. The one that I found in the desert is the only one that is a beast.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

The most important part is the fixing of the target icons, armored raptoras use the mount icons, normal raptoras use none, Vombata icons are too high up, and viperids have the same procedure
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

worgpower wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:49 am The most important part is the fixing of the target icons, armored raptoras use the mount icons, normal raptoras use none, Vombata icons are too high up, and viperids have the same procedure
Do you mean their portrait images in the UI? I have noticed some oddities there. I wonder if there were changes or hotfixes and the portrait info is caches and out of date.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Aroim let me know that Vexis was tameable, so that's two of four armoured proto lupines that can be tamed.
Vexis.png
Vexis.png (4.96 MiB) Viewed 6282 times
Lupines are also missing two non-armoured colours (black and red) at the moment.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Wain wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:57 am
worgpower wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:49 am The most important part is the fixing of the target icons, armored raptoras use the mount icons, normal raptoras use none, Vombata icons are too high up, and viperids have the same procedure
Do you mean their portrait images in the UI? I have noticed some oddities there. I wonder if there were changes or hotfixes and the portrait info is caches and out of date.
Yes, it’s those, they do bug me a lot, but I’m waiting for nothing more than a black lupine, not the rosy black one
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

While still not tameable, I've decided to group Ambystans (proto axolotls) in the Toad family for administrative purposes. The Toad family already includes Gromits, which aren't anurans (frogs and toads) at all, and most closely resemble salamanders that hop. Presumably the family will be revised in the future to either encompass more amphibians, or gromits will be split off. But for now, they seem to have become a catch-all family for amphibia. Ambystans and gromits probably have more in common that either has to toads.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

That’s perfect, that’s where they fit, I wonder if there is another good name for amphibian, But yeah, it’s about time blizzard renames the family, and I would of loved them more if they had glowing eyes instead of bolts, because that is kinda creepy like a creepy robot doll