9.2 PTR Beast Thread

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Re: 9.2 PTR Beast Thread

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

The broken/mutated devourers really do look good. I'm personally a fan of the dark grey-blue ones, with the exception of that last notgorilla one. The blues fading to a copper/bronze makes for a really nice color scheme that only really works on the big guy.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

WerebearGuy wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:10 pm The broken/mutated devourers really do look good. I'm personally a fan of the dark grey-blue ones, with the exception of that last notgorilla one. The blues fading to a copper/bronze makes for a really nice color scheme that only really works on the big guy.
I’m also in love with these color schemes where they fade from a vibrant to a copper color, while the animites and maulers look so good, I prefer regular gorgers cuz im not too much of bodies being split from each other even though they look good
Krauth
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Krauth »

Oh man, those devourer skins are looking amazing, wish there were mounts with those colors =(
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

worgpower wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:52 am
We just need more ferocity families, a little less of cunning and tenacity families to make them all even
Just let us pick specs.

Those beetles are geat. I really like the wasps to.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I agree, spec picking again, before BFA the pets had too many abilities, but now spec changing would be better
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Valnaaros wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:47 pm Image
I need all of these.

Those Wombats ARE SO CHONKY.
But... I need this most of all.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks for all these posts! 😊

I’ve been busy getting model shots for 9.2, which is more complicated than you might think. Before I even start, I have to come up with working names for all the texture files for all relevant models, since Blizzard no longer lets us see the official names for those. Since we use the texture names for our pet looks, it was essential I get those done, and it was most of a day’s work. I’ve taken a bunch of model shots now, and posted some on Twitter, but I still have a number of models to do and some of them are complicated.

I’m currently working on the stags. There are 32 possible looks, since there are 4 colours x 4 horn shapes x 2 decoration variants (+- armour/ornaments). And they have transparent auras, so I have to do transparency and shadow effects. I took all the raw model shots and had started processing them when I realised it wasn’t going to work and I had to scrap them all and start from scratch 😣 I’ll start again tomorrow.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Stags really are some of the most difficult things for you, huh. The Argus talbuks were one thing, and now these glowing hood ornaments with their numerous designs and glows lol.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

There’s too many variants of the stags that some looks are never obtained by people, I hope the wolves also have non ornament variants
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

You could just call all them progen(whatever) for what there rigs are, so the wombat would probably be a bear model FOR NOW
Progen(wolf) Progen(stag) then just add numbers
Progenstag1a Progenstag1b
Number being the body color Letter being the horn type just as place holders before it all becomes official.

Just my thoughts on it.
I'm hoping we get some Progen raptors. It's funny that they are supposed to be prototypes, BUT NO DAM DINOS! PROGEN CROCODILES!
we really need more crocs.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

We greatly appreciate your hard work, Wain! :)

So, the new wasps are called Vespoids. The wombats are called Vombatas. The toads are called Bufonids. The beetles are called Scarabids. The chickens are called Poultrids. The Rabbits are called Leporids.

Also, even though their file says that they are small works, the model that uses the vanilla snake rig are actually snakes, not worms. They are called Viperids.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:39 pm We greatly appreciate your hard work, Wain! :)

So, the new wasps are called Vespoids. The wombats are called Vombatas. The toads are called Bufonids. The beetles are called Scarabids. The chickens are called Poultrids. The Rabbits are called Leporids.
This is correct.

The hawks are called Raptora, the stags are Cervids, the spiders are Tarachnids, the Snails are just called Gastropods, the small Snakes are Viperids, the Jellyfish are Aurelid

The wolf/fox thingies I'm not sure about but the two Vicious War mounts call them Protoform Wolves.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Qraljar wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:59 pm
Valnaaros wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:39 pm We greatly appreciate your hard work, Wain! :)

This is correct.

The hawks are called Raptora, the stags are Cervids, the spiders are Tarachnids, the Snails are just called Gastropods, the small Snakes are Viperids, the Jellyfish are Aurelid

The wolf/fox thingies I'm not sure about but the two Vicious War mounts call them Protoform Wolves.
Yess, I knew viperids were snakes, i predict the wolves will be called canids
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Something to note is that these prototypes were not just for beasts in the Shadowlands, but also for Azeroth and presumably other worlds.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Valnaaros wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:43 pm Something to note is that these prototypes were not just for beasts in the Shadowlands, but also for Azeroth and presumably other worlds.
Agreed, the shadowlands didn’t have snakes or wolves, so it is a sign that they were their prototypes, the cervids split off into herbivorous creatures, and the viperids and axolotl prototypes split off into reptiles and gromits, etc
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

DannyGreen wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:23 pm I'm hoping we get some Progen raptors.
I was thinking the same thing! Raptors are so ubiquitous in WoW they seem like a logical choice for a progenitor beast.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

If we did get a progenitor raptor, I'd want it to be similar to the stag and wolf; glowing extremities, stone-like body. I don't think a raptor would look good in the other style of being a half-finished art project.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

WerebearGuy wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:05 pm If we did get a progenitor raptor, I'd want it to be similar to the stag and wolf; glowing extremities, stone-like body. I don't think a raptor would look good in the other style of being a half-finished art project.
Though not raptors, the raptora birds fit well to being made into dinosaurs on azeroth, many dinosaurs are related to birds after all, so the raptora birds are basically dinosaurs of zereth mortis
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Qraljar wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:59 pm

This is correct.

Thanks to both of you! In addition, the axolotls are called Ambystans.

I can't find names for the proto-wolves or worms, yet, so I'm going to assign them temporary names: Lupids and Vermids.

I hope they find a better name for Gastropods, since that's the correct name for all snails and slugs and could encompass the regular ones too.

I've finished the looks images, finally (122 of them). Many were complicated to get decent images of, because of transparency auras. I'll add them into the database tomorrow and get a preliminary 9.2 looks page up on Petopia.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The patch 9.2 looks page is up!

https://www.wow-petopia.com/patch92.php

Patch 9.2 Logo Twitter2.png
Patch 9.2 Logo Twitter2.png (2.45 MiB) Viewed 1930 times
I haven't done much to it, yet, other than configure the basics so it shows all the looks.