9.2 PTR Beast Thread

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Re: 9.2 PTR Beast Thread

Unread post by ace_of_hearth »

What if Blizz group Razorwings to be in the same family as Pterodaxxes?
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Gonna have to say a hard pass on making them into pterrordaxes. Those're flying reptiles that are basically just scaly bats. Razorwings aren't remotely similar, though they're so out there that they don't resemble any family. I'm not even sure what they are, but they'd pass as lizards or scalehides more than they'd pass as pterrordaxes. Plus, pterrordaxes are cunning; gotta fix that flaw before considering adding anything new.

EDIT: as for the other page, taming smaller beasts would be nice. They should be something like a joke pet though; purely there for visuals, and not as effective as major pet types. Just don't give them any specific bonus, disable the perks of their spec, and bam; easy way to give hunters some fun tames, just like Night Fae got the useless crittermorphs.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

ace_of_hearth wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:15 pm
worgpower wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:15 pm
DannyGreen wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:32 am When it comes to plant based pets. I think unless you bring the kultiras plant things into it (I can't remember there name at the moment) It would be easier just to slap them into the family they look closest to.

Lashers are... plants, there's not much there. Most I see them as just things, rather than things you can teach or train unless you're a druid. And then that's more just magic wibbly wobbly stuff.

Proto drakes.
They seem fine? We have noodle dragons, and ancient spirits that can talk and communicate.
I think the best option for Proto drakes would be a specific class quest where there are specific proto drakes out in the wild that are "to far gone" that you can tame. That way you got a canon reasoning.

Poor monkeys, 4 colors and one with a fez kek.

Could slimes be Molluscs?
The slugs are closest to slimes, just solid, we still need grubs
IMHO there should be a non-exotic beast family that contains maggots, grubs AND caterpillars. This might be an unpopular opinion but I have caterpillars to be in the same group as other larval staged beasts rather than in the exotic worm family.
I agree 1000% since I’m a SV main, grubs aren’t worms, and so aren’t caterpillars, they’re larvae of moths and other creatures, so might as well make a new grub family
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

IMHO there should be a non-exotic beast family that contains maggots, grubs AND caterpillars. This might be an unpopular opinion but I have caterpillars to be in the same group as other larval staged beasts rather than in the exotic worm family.
Unpopular opinion time eh?

I think exotics pet's are lame. Its silly we can tame dinosaurs and dragons, but a Pteradon is way to complicated.
I kind of understand core hounds and spirit beasts but Clefthooves are just giant cows.
Give BM an extra ability for there pets. Blood of the rhino get to be exclusive to bm etc. Just let us all share the fun.
I always dread seeing REALLY COOL pets only to have them locked away from me.
Sky screamers are the coolest shit.

And the possibility of cool snails being hidden behind Exotics makes me nervous.
Clayford13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Korgath

Unread post by Clayford13 »

I agree. The exotic pet classification has well worn out it's welcome. It just makes the class have restrictions where it really shouldn't. I can tame a highly intelligent velociraptor but not a WORM? lmao okay
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

DannyGreen wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:36 pm

I think exotics pet's are lame. Its silly we can tame dinosaurs and dragons, but a Pteradon is way to complicated.
I kind of understand core hounds and spirit beasts but Clefthooves are just giant cows.
Give BM an extra ability for there pets. Blood of the rhino get to be exclusive to bm etc. Just let us all share the fun.

And the possibility of cool snails being hidden behind Exotics makes me nervous.
I literally wrote an idea in my notes for fun, they say they changed exotic pets to be unlocked for all specs, only the exotic abilities are now locked, and a change to the tooltip and name, that would actually make a bit of sense, let us have the looks, but I don’t care about those extra exotic boosts anyway
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Regarding Razorwings, it would just be better to take Wyverns and have them and Razorwings become their own family. Wyverns do not have feathers at all, and so they don't really fit being in Feathermanes.

@Dannygreen I agree that unless they make a family consist of mandragoras, the Drust beasts, and anything else that could be created in a future xpac, it would be best to just throw them into what family fits them best.
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by ace_of_hearth »

DannyGreen wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:36 pm

agreed. I really wish we can leech and blood of the rhino(rename is necessary) regardless of the pets we are using, at least for BMs.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Plant beast / mandragora discussion can go here: viewtopic.php?f=62&t=26673
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Since 9.1.5 released, I still waited if the team would make older beasts that don’t need to be left out tameable, like skeleton horses, beavers for rodents, Razorwings for feathermanes, and my favorite untameable creatures to warp stalkers or lizards
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

The first 9.2 PTR build went up and datamining is going on.

The Devourer Worm concept made it in.. but it's one of those half-submerged worms again...
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Half-submerged worms are the worst. All those that currently have no proper model are ones I want, especially the one from WoD in the shadowmoon dungeon.

EDIT: Wowhead's doing their article spam and datamining. The wasps are by FAR the MVP model as far as I've seen in the stream, good lord.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It looks like those things that we weren't sure on whether or not they were foxes or wolves are indeed wolves.

The new eagle model is a reskin of the new phoenix model.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I would much prefer these mawrats to what we currently have.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

The phoenix model reskin actually has new animation (talk, sleep, sit) so they're probably gonna reuse that rig for a druid flight form at some point

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Hopefully the new Cheetah model for druids will be given a wild variant for us to tame.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Also, based off of the icon name, those beasts that use the bear rig are actually supposed to be robotic wombats.

The Devourer worm might be a boss in the new raid.

Those small creatures that use the new warp stalker animations are indeed, as expected, to be axolotls.

There might be another new worm or snake model

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

I laughed when I saw the wombats. I don't even see them as wombats. I thought they were more like boars. Still, more bar rigs yay.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I can see the similarity between them and wombats. Wain also thought the same.