9.2 PTR Beast Thread

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Aroim
Pet Finder

Re: 9.2 PTR Beast Thread

Unread post by Aroim »

I have no idea how to get to the two birds

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Found a tameable vombata
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

found this good boy

another one
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Found a tameable Vombata with the red stone variant and a circular crest
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Found a grey full crested Vombata, rare elite, named Sorranos.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I'm surprised that we even get tameables on the first ptr release, let alone so many. That's new. Shame the big red stag is 61 elite.

As for the pet placements;
Raptora being birds of prey makes perfect sense, but cunning spec is such a waste of a good model.
Snails in carapids makes the most sense with what we have, like how giraffes are stags. It's acceptable.
Vombata being rodents makes close sense like the snail carapids, but once again, cunning spec rears its ugly head.
Axolotls should be in the toad family, and the family name should be changed to amphibian. Toads got a lot of love with Gromits and the bufonids, but a slight name adjustment would make perfect sense and allow for the axolotls.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

There is an NPC using the grey scarabid variant, but it is currently untameable. Sand Matriarch Ileus.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Snails need their own family that includes the earlier models from.. uhh, Cata? And Nazjatar. They deserve that, I feel.

Frogs need to be made amphibians. Otherwise it all seems pretty straightforward. Surprising how many things are tameable already. Seeing wasps and birds sitting on the ground instead of permanently flying is so very good if you ask me.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

All wasp variants are available.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Qraljar wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:06 pm Snails need their own family that includes the earlier models from.. uhh, Cata? And Nazjatar. They deserve that, I feel.

Frogs need to be made amphibians. Otherwise it all seems pretty straightforward. Surprising how many things are tameable already. Seeing wasps and birds sitting on the ground instead of permanently flying is so very good if you ask me.
Agreed. Carapids just doesn't fit snails. They need their own family.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

The thing about snails is that their shell is a carapace. Carapids all have one trait in common, that being a hard carapace. Krolusks are all shell, gorm are big bugs with hard bodies, and snails have the giant shell that separates them from their pathetic and inferior slug cousins. It's the closest pet family that makes sense, so it's not too much of a stretch to lump them in.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:14 pm The thing about snails is that their shell is a carapace. Carapids all have one trait in common, that being a hard carapace. Krolusks are all shell, gorm are big bugs with hard bodies, and snails have the giant shell that separates them from their pathetic and inferior slug cousins. It's the closest pet family that makes sense, so it's not too much of a stretch to lump them in.
The issue is that there has been a recent trend of putting beasts into families that they don't really belong to, like Cloud Serpents in serpents, and then not ever doing anything to fix it.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

The cloud serpent problem is definitely one of the team's more questionable choices, but they didn't have any proper place to go in the first place. There's no dragon family, making them into spirit beasts would lock them out from everyone other than BM, and calling them lizards would be hilarious but dumb. Wind Serpents would've been more fitting (and significantly more useful as pets), but that's a mistake they just went with. Snails being in carapids at leeast makes more sense than a serpentine dragon being lumped in with snakes.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

What could and should've been done was to give them their own family. If that was done, then we likely would also have tameable Wolf Serpents.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

No changes to Wilderlings.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

I disagree with snails being carapids, a non exotic gastropod family would be good, besides, carapids exotic ability is the worst
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Was able to activate and tame Garudeon, which as far as I can tell is the only armored Raptora that is tameable.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

All three armored Raptoras are account for. Garudeon is the only tameable one. Bitterbeak and Tahkwitz are untameable currently.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

WoWScrnShot_120221_223710.jpg
WoWScrnShot_120221_223710.jpg (117.56 KiB) Viewed 5860 times
Soon enough, i hope the snails will have their own family with the older snails and slugs, had to consume my time to get my BM hunter over there but it was worth it, i had to give them names off spongebob
Altered
Realm: Dath'remar and Yojamba

Unread post by Altered »

I tried to find a tamable Axolotl but there is none, only Axolotl i could find was a rare named Otiosen at Caatalyst Gardens.
If anyone happens to find one, please let us know!