9.2 PTR Beast Thread

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

9.2 PTR Beast Thread

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Wowhead posted an article stating that the vendor build for 9.2 was deployed today. This isn't a build that can be datamined, but I decided to go ahead and create this thread for whenever a build is deployed that we can datamine. :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: 9.2 PTR Beast Thread

Unread post by Wain »

*excited*!

I'm off work today, but will be working tomorrow. So that means it'll be released tomorrow, since builds are always released when I'm at work :P
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Since 9.2 ptr is around the corner, one of us should list the beasts/undead that still need or should be tameable, maybe they’ll add more beasts or not
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

worgpower wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:32 am Since 9.2 ptr is around the corner, one of us should list the beasts/undead that still need or should be tameable, maybe they’ll add more beasts or not
Check out our tame suggestion list first:
https://www.wow-petopia.com/tamecheck.php

Feel free to suggest additions. Your candidate must be currently untameable but attackable and won’t cause a big disruption if it suddenly becomes tameable.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

All of the suggestions are perfect, i think the island expeditions rares should be tameable, because they have cooler and better names than most rares, some of the looks, like the banded wolves can be added for everyone besides orcs and humans, i think the Old scarlet serpent should be tameable, wind serpents need more variety too
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

My only suggestion for that list is to add Spawn of G'huun as a blood beast suggestion. It's an unused model for pets, but it'd be the most challenging tame since right now, mythic Uldir is not exactly easy. That, and doing G'huun wrong is a very fast wipe. You'd need to do G'huun wrong and survive long enough to tame it. Would be a nice addition to the fairly empty blood beast family.

Also plant hydras as hydras.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

WerebearGuy wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:44 pm My only suggestion for that list is to add Spawn of G'huun as a blood beast suggestion. It's an unused model for pets, but it'd be the most challenging tame since right now, mythic Uldir is not exactly easy. That, and doing G'huun wrong is a very fast wipe. You'd need to do G'huun wrong and survive long enough to tame it. Would be a nice addition to the fairly empty blood beast family.

I agree with adding the Spawn of G'huun on the list, though I don't expect that it'll actually be made tameable until the next xpac.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

WerebearGuy wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:44 pm My only suggestion for that list is to add Spawn of G'huun as a blood beast suggestion. It's an unused model for pets, but it'd be the most challenging tame since right now, mythic Uldir is not exactly easy. That, and doing G'huun wrong is a very fast wipe. You'd need to do G'huun wrong and survive long enough to tame it. Would be a nice addition to the fairly empty blood beast family.

We need more plant creatures, maybe a nature’s fury cat, they’re natural enough besides the Druid marking on the side
Archenemy
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Archenemy »

Has it been suggested those wicker beasts from Kul Tiras? Would love those as pets!
There was a bear one, a dog... They'd make for neat undead tames.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

They're currently on the list of untameable models, but they're all people that think they're animals. Kind of like druids, but the kind that would go to weird conventions rather than work as nature conservationists. Well, all the ones I can recall are cursed people. I think maybe two are actually cursed animals, but I'm almost positive that the overwhelming majority are people. That hasn't stopped Blizzard from letting us tame druid models and skins before (owlcats, some travel forms, two flight forms, and maybe a cat form I think).

Tameable druids and shapeshifters will likely never happen, unfortunately. We could tame the wicker bears on BfA's beta, but that got removed before launch.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

WerebearGuy wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:02 pm They're currently on the list of untameable models, but they're all people that think they're animals. Kind of like druids, but the kind that would go to weird conventions rather than work as nature conservationists. Well, all the ones I can recall are cursed people. I think maybe two are actually cursed animals, but I'm almost positive that the overwhelming majority are people. That hasn't stopped Blizzard from letting us tame druid models and skins before (owlcats, some travel forms, two flight forms, and maybe a cat form I think).

Tameable druids and shapeshifters will likely never happen, unfortunately. We could tame the wicker bears on BfA's beta, but that got removed before launch.
Wicker beasts and plant beasts are different, mandragoras would need some more plant friends before they become tameable, wicker beasts need their own tome, and maybe add npcs for the stag and wicker hawk(humble flyer version)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I thought the wicker beasts contained the souls of animals. At least, there’s a quest where the wicker hound very specifically contains the soul of someone’s dog.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Do they? Maybe I recalled wrong then, since it's been a while. If they are the souls of animals inside of a construct, then there's absolutely no reason for us to not be able to tame them now. The shadehounds are the exact same concept, after all.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Wain wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:54 pm I thought the wicker beasts contained the souls of animals. At least, there’s a quest where the wicker hound very specifically contains the soul of someone’s dog.
Agreed. Those that look like constucts contain the souls of people or animals. Those that look like a melding of animal, plant, and bones are animals that are unique to the area. I can only recall one which is a corrupt druid, which also happens to be a rare.
Clayford13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Korgath

Unread post by Clayford13 »

Not me hoping for tamable sprite darters again. The flu has me fever dreaming lolol. PLEASE give us a red vulpin and a new warp stalker model though! I sound so demanding haha, just my wishes though.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I spotted a new frog model and a new Oribos-themed robotic bird.

New stag, turtle, snail, fox, bear, etc.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

New devourers, beetles, eagles.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Last edited by Valnaaros on Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:42 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Clayford13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Korgath

Unread post by Clayford13 »

The new wolves look awesome but not finished? Or is that the look they are going for....? lol. Lots of sightings though and I really hope the birds of prey and snails are tamable!!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Clayford13 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:26 pm The new wolves look awesome but not finished? Or is that the look they are going for....? lol. Lots of sightings though and I really hope the birds of prey and snails are tamable!!
They are intentionally not supposed to look finished. They are basically the concepts of things that we have seen in the Shadowlands.