Petopia In-Game Community

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.

What should we do for the community?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:02 pm

Make a New Community
38%
Purge the Current Community of Low Levels
13%
Make a Battletag Community
50%

Total votes: 8

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Petopia In-Game Community

Unread post by Maizou »

Heya. So, for those unaware, there's been a Petopia in-game community for a while now, open to all hunters. The Alliance one has been full at 1,000 members since BFA. It is led by Jarans, but I do not know if they still play, or what their petopia name is. I haven't seen them online in a long time.

Fortunately, he did make a lot of people, including myself, leaders before he left.

UNfortunately, due to the fact we can't accept new members, conversation has pretty much died in the community, as it's filled with inactive accounts, and there's no way to track how long it's been since someone has been on in a community.

So I'm left with a conundrum: For those who are in the community or interested in joining the community, would you prefer a new community be made, with an active owner and leaders, or would you prefer I kick the sub-60s from the current community and try to rebuild with a possibly missing Owner?

I'm going to post this as a poll so people can vote. I would like to have an active community again, as I enjoyed having hunter conversations in BFA. I'll leave the poll up for 7 days, then go through with what is chosen. If make a new community is chosen, I'll make one, and post a link in this thread. If purge is chosen, I'll remove all non-60s from the community and post the link.

I would prefer *not* to do a battletag community, but as it allows both Horde and Alliance to join, I will if people prefer that.

Also, the Petopia Horde community still exists, but the owner left and left my Horde toon as owner, but I have not been on my Horde since BFA and don't plan to play anymore, so if someone wants the ownership there, let me know. There's only a few people in the community though (I think less than 10) so if someone wants to just make a new one, feel free.
Tsukina
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shen'dralar

Re: Petopia In-Game Community

Unread post by Tsukina »

I do not know if my opinion would have to be considered, since well I am not in the community (due to my poor knowledge of the English language ...) but I think so, in the X.1 patches of each expansion, cleaning should be done of people who haven't connected in a significant period of time, maybe 6 months.

Why in X.1 patches? well, many people have hunters as alters, and at the beginning of each expansion (patches X.0) you cannot dedicate yourself to alters, it does not give your life for so long.

Once the X.1 or X.1.5 patches arrive, if you have not entered to play with a hunter, it is that either you are no longer interested in the character or you do not play, thus "eliminating" them to make room for new people, it is something logical.

Anyway, thank you very much for reading me, and as always, I apologize for my English as an automatic translator.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It's been a while since I looked into this, but what are the downsides to a Battle tag community? It would be nice to have a unified, cross faction community. I honestly don't understand them very well, but if I knew what was wrong maybe I could submit suggestions on how they could be done better.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Tsukina wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:38 am I do not know if my opinion would have to be considered, since well I am not in the community (due to my poor knowledge of the English language ...) but I think so, in the X.1 patches of each expansion, cleaning should be done of people who haven't connected in a significant period of time, maybe 6 months.
Unfortunately, there's no way to track how long it's been since someone has been online. That's part of the problem. Blizzard decided to leave that feature out of communities for some reason.

As for Wain, I just don't like my Battletag being known by people is all. Last time I posted it publicly, I was spammed with friend invites mercilessly by someone who didn't like me.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Looks like most people want a Battletag community.

https://blizzard.com/invite/dyAVzZwFWxN

Here is the link. If Wain wants to make one instead, I'll delete this one and let him make one.

One downside to the battletag community is it's not searchable in-game like a community is.

If you're a hunter trainer/Pet finder on here and want to be a moderator in the community, let me know. Wain, I can also pass you leadership if you want.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

We're up to 11 members. :) I also put the link in the in-game alliance community.

As it's a btag community, it is cross-realm and cross-faction, so feel free to join! Guen's been itching to help people find rare pets. He helped me re-tame Karoma and Terrorpene last night :) (I'm a crazy person and re-tamed every spirit beast and rare spawn I had to get their original names <_<)