9.2 Pet Bugs & Suggestions

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

9.2 Pet Bugs & Suggestions

Unread post by Wain »

Here are the creature and pet bugs we've noted for 9.2. I've decided to keep this separate from our main Shadowlands list for now.

Probably should be tameable
  • The list of suggested tameables for Patch 9.2 is a bit too long for this post. Instead see the top of the list on this page (suggested tames for older patches/expansions are lower down on the same page).
  • See also this separate list of Island Expeditions tame suggestions. I created a special list for these since IE is now soloable . There are a few unique looks there that would be nice to set tameable.

Wrongly Classified
  • Generated Dire Vombata (181963) is incorrectly classed as a Mechanical.
  • Fleet-Feather (183475) and Fleet-footed Raptora (183464) are both incorrectly classed as Mechanicals.
  • Not something we can tame, but Clutch Guardian is wrongly classed as a Mechanical. It's a leporid (proto rabbit) and should be a beast or critter.
  • Larcenous Avian (185291) is currently classed as a Critter but is level 60 so it might be meant to be a beast (and could be set tameable where applicable), or perhaps it's meant to be level 1. (Of note, the Proto Avian (178094), Wetlands Tarachnid (179039), Ambystan Crawler (184690) are critters that were also level 60 in earlier builds but are now level 1).
  • Furidian (183646) should be classed as a Worm. Noet that this one has a chequered past: It was originally an aspid that was classed as a Wasp. Then it was reclassified (correctly, at the time) to be a Serpent, only to have its model changed to an annelid (Worm)!
  • The following aren't, and probably will never be, tameable so these family recommendations aren't so important. We're noting them anyway:
  • While not an error, perhaps Ambystans could be classed as Toads, even if they remain untameable. They're a type of salamander, and the Toad family already encompasses Gromits, which appear to be an exotic kind of hopping salamander, or at least a salamander relative. Presumably the family will be revised in the future.

"Prime" creature level and tame inconsistencies
For most of the new species in Zereth Mortis there exists a rare elite "Prime" NPC. Three of these are level 60 and tameable (Orixal, Gorkek, Sorranos), but the remaining five are too high level to tame (Garudeon, Hadeon the Stonebreaker, Zatojin, Mother Phestis, Chitali the Eldest). Perhaps it's intended, but I'm noting them here in case they're meant to be consistent.

Missing appearances & suggestions
The following are 9.2 appearances/colours that we haven't found on tameable creatures. Our 9.2 Pet Guide will also show these and may be updated more frequently.

Scarabids: Proto Avians:
  • The Grey & Gold Proto Avian look will be available if any of the NPCs listed on its page (see link) become tameable. Otherwise, perhaps it could be added to the Gardens Avian, which is currently the only tameable proto avian.
  • The Dark and the Red & Grey proto avian looks don't seem to be used in the game at all. One or both of them would be nice on named / rare NPCs, but there don't seem to be any special or named Proto Avians in the database currently. Perhaps the unused looks could be could be added as extra colours (or swapped entirely) for any of the currently-untameable NPCs listed on the Grey & Gold Proto Avian page.
Helicids:
  • The White & Silver Proto Helicid look doesn't seem to be used at all. Perhaps it could be added as an extra colour to the Accelerated Helicid , which is one of only two attackable proto snails we've found so far. But it would also be great if it was saved for a named rare, if one were to be added.
Vombatas:
There are a lot of vombata looks that aren't currently tameable, see: https://www.wow-petopia.com/patch92.php#mod_vombatas.
Suggestions: Viperids:
The viperid looks that aren't in the game are too numerous to list here, but see this page: https://www.wow-petopia.com/patch92.php#mod_viperids.
  • So far, we've only found two viperid beasts in ZM: the untameable rare Furidian (183646), which has a hooded, brassy look, and the Desert Viperid which is tameable in three non-hooded colours. Perhaps more colours could be added to the latter, but clearly not all can! But hopefully more viperids are coming.
Tarachnids: Cervids:
Cervids are a little complicated, given there are 4 body colours, 4 horn shapes and options with and without armour = 32 distinct looks. Here goes...
  • Perhaps add the two unused "long horn" cervid colours to the Cervid Protector, Cervid Protector (2 IDs), and/or Ravenous Cervid. The two unused long horn colours are Red and Rosy Dark.
  • The Native Cervid could also be given the wide-horned variant in the same colour it already has, i.e. this look. It could also be given the grey skin with the same three horn variants, i.e. this look, this look, and this look. This would give it 6 possible looks and cover all the horn variants (other than the long horns) for the dark and grey colours.
  • The Cervid Grazer and Cervid Grazer (2 IDs) could also be given the wide-horned variant in the same colour they already have, i.e. this look. They could also be given the "rosy dark' skin with the same three horn variants, i.e. this look, this look, and this look. This would give it 6 possible looks and cover all the horn variants (other than the long horns) for the red and rosy dark colours.
  • The above would cover all the non-'armoured' cervid looks, but would still leave a LOT of unused 'armoured' ones, in four different horn styles. See the unused appearances section of: https://www.wow-petopia.com/patch92.php#mod_cervids . I'm not sure of the significance, if any, of the 'armour' (or ornament, or whatever it is), so it's hard to know which NPCs to suggest those looks for. Currently they're only used on a couple of named, special beasts, but I don't know if that's the plan or if the armoure could also appear on more mundane NPCs.
Bufonids:
  • The unused Mossy Black bufonid look could be given to Toadius if he's made tameable (and his current look removed), but if not then it could be added to the Overgrown Bufonid.
  • The four "non-mossy" bufonid looks don't seem to be used in the game at all. Perhaps all four could be give to the Accelerated Bufonid. Maybe if they're 'accelerated' in growth then they haven't had time to grow moss yet? :)
Vespoids:
  • All four vespoid appearances are available to tame, so there's nothing to worry about with these.
Proto Lupines:
  • The one unused non-armoured lupine look, black, could be given to the Lupine Animate, unless there are other lupines we haven't seen yet that could be given that look.
  • Perhaps give Lupine Betas (which are summoned by the aroured lupine Vexis during combat) a unique armoured appearance: either armoured black or armoured rosy black (or both), since I guess they're Vexis's seconds in command and deserve to look the part.
  • If Proximus (named elite) is in the game and is made tameable it could be given one of the unique armoured looks mentioned in the previous point. But so far we haven't seen it, it's just listed in Wowhead.
Annelids:
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.