9.2 story spoilers

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

9.2 story spoilers

Unread post by Ana »

I am on hiatus from WOW but would love to get the storylinie. I left on hiatus just before 9.1 5

Curious to what happens to Sylvannas

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Re: 9.2 story spoilers

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I'm so done if they datamine Sylvanas being forgiven. That would be bad writing no matter how honeyed the words they use are. Sylvanas is guilty of those crimes, even if the current her isn't the one that did it. While a much less exaggerated example, Sylvanas being forgiven would be the same as a bipolar person killing someone in cold blood and being given a mere slap on the wrist in court when they apologize for doing it. While she's free and helping the cast for now, the other characters acknowledge her misdeeds to the point where Baine and Thrall straight up say she won't be forgiven. It's on a good start, but I'm still worried that they'll totally botch it and absolve her of those crimes. She does NOT deserve forgiveness, and that's a fact.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Maria wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:40 pm I am on hiatus from WOW but would love to get the storylinie. I left on hiatus just before 9.1 5

Curious to what happens to Sylvannas
Storywise, nothing happened in 9.1.5.

As for what has happened so far in 9.2, Sylvanas was taken as a prisoner, but she has been unconscious since she passed out in the Sanctum of Domination. Uther was able to peer into Sylvanas mind and found out that, basically, the evil part (controlled by the Jailer) has been the one making most of the decisions, whilst the good part wasn't able to do anything but watch. Uther told the others that unless Sylvanas can reconcile the fact that she did do those evil things and become one, she wouldn't ever wake up. He was able to have her mind meld with his and explained to her all of this and that she may never be forgiven for all that she has done, but it wouldn't do any good to do nothing. A while after this, she woke up.

The Jailer has gone to a realm called Zereth Mortis, which is a dimension within the fabric of reality. It is where the afterlives were created, as well as where prototypes of the creatures in the Shadowlands, Azeroth, and on other worlds were made. He wishes to take control of the Forge of Origination to remake reality into his own image.

We are able to free Anduin, and currently we are making a crown that will allow us to resist that Jailer's power so that we can defeat him.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

WerebearGuy wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:33 pm I'm so done if they datamine Sylvanas being forgiven. That would be bad writing no matter how honeyed the words they use are. Sylvanas is guilty of those crimes, even if the current her isn't the one that did it. While a much less exaggerated example, Sylvanas being forgiven would be the same as a bipolar person killing someone in cold blood and being given a mere slap on the wrist in court when they apologize for doing it. While she's free and helping the cast for now, the other characters acknowledge her misdeeds to the point where Baine and Thrall straight up say she won't be forgiven. It's on a good start, but I'm still worried that they'll totally botch it and absolve her of those crimes. She does NOT deserve forgiveness, and that's a fact.
I agree with this. On one side, those that are against Sylvanas are not really given any justice. On the other, those who have always been Sylvanas fans have basically just had that character die since she is no longer that person and that person wasn't entirely her.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Thank you for the story so far. I just made this thread for the storylinie so thank you :) Wont write my own views as I am on hiatus and only curious :)

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

Something i'm curious on.
If the evil sylvanas was in control the whole time. Doesn't it mean the Ranger general (What i'm calling good sylvanas.) Isn't the same character?
With the idea of split souls etc. Any and all character development or lore, has nothing to do with the ranger general, and is purely Evil sylvanas. You can't really say you love the character of the ranger general anymore, since it was never her, just Evil sylvanas.
They just completely crapped over any character that they could have had. With a whole "Lol wasn't her" type set up.

Also does it imply any characters killed or tainted with frostmourne or jailer stuff, gets a free pass?

But lore wise, Other than Defeating sylvanas and getting her soul back it's just snippets of disconected lore at the moment. She wakes up and goes from prison robes, to ranger armour. So i'm assuming she gets some sort of gear up in order to help fight the jailor.
But as far as I know, we don't have any info on HOW she gets redemption arced or how she actually helps at all.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

She wasn't in control of her actions according to the bad writing, but that isn't enough to excuse her. Still the same person, mind control aside. The writers don't have the room to even consider redeeming her. If they do, it WILL be through extremely cringe and poor writing, no exception. As for why she's got armor; they recognize that she wants to help, and she's definitely a useful tool in fighting the Jailor. As for the free pass comment; we only have two examples right now with Uther/Bluther having accepted his flaws and punishment and Sylvanas in her current state.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

As to how she actually helps, they believe that Sylvanas is key is freeing Anduin, which apparently ends up being true. We don't know how she helps him break free of the Jailer's control, but it was apparently her that helped him do so.

She was also a key part of creating the Crown of Wills, which will allow us to be able to resist the Jailer's domination. She imbued some of her suffering and willpower into the fragments of the Helm of Domination (which has become the Crown), and also helped Anduin to be able to do the same when he was not initially able to do so.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

She changed looks too?

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Maria wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:28 am She changed looks too?
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Thank you :)

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

You bet :)
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Any new story spoiler?

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

In a nutshell, we needed to make a new Arbiter, and so we gathered together the necessary means to do so. However, at the moment of creating a new Arbiter, the Dreadlords interfered and put the soul of Argus into the new body that was being formed. We defeated Argus, destroying his soul. Due to the Dreadlord's attack, we no longer had everything we needed to create a new Arbiter, but there was another way revealed, which was to have a soul choose to become the Arbiter. Pelagos made that choice and is now the Arbiter and all souls that go into the Shadowlands are now being sent to their proper afterlives.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

And Sylvannas and Anduin?

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Maria wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:05 pm And Sylvannas and Anduin?
Nothing more for them currently.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Thank you again :)

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

You bet :)
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I watched this
https://youtu.be/YbX8CzkSFms

Any new stuff as what happens next?

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Maria wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:03 pm I watched this
https://youtu.be/YbX8CzkSFms

Any new stuff as what happens next?
No. What I recently told you is everything that happens after that.