Shadowlands Holidays Giveaway - 2021

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Shadowlands Holidays Giveaway - 2021

Unread post by Wain »

🎈 🎈 🎈 Congratulations! We made it through 2021! 🎈 🎈 🎈

To say farewell to what was, honestly, a really crap year, I'm holding our 2021 mount & pet giveaway!

If I randomly select you, you can choose one on-sale Battle.net shop mount or 2-3 shop pets/toys, providing the shop allows them to be gifted (which is almost all). For the pets/toys, you can pick 3 total if they're all on-sale, or 2 total including one full-price and one on-sale. Almost all are currently on sale, except for the most recent ones. See them here: https://us.shop.battle.net/en-gb/family ... aft#mounts

The rules are simple:

🎄 To enter: reply to this post with your three favourite new tames or tameable looks for the Shadowlands expansion so far, and your reasons why. You can also include tames from the upcoming 9.2 patch. Untameable looks don't count.

🎄 You can either post screenshots of your own tames, or use the pet-look and pet-look2 tags to display your favourite looks, or you can link to the images directly. For the latter, get the look id from the page URL for the look, for example the pink elekk is: elekkwild_pink and the tag would look like:

Code: Select all

[pet-look2]elekkwild_pink[/pet-look2]
🎄 Also add which mount/pets/toys you'd like so I can order them in a timely fashion, and include which region you're in (i.e. EU/Americas & Oceanic).

🎄 To be eligible you must have been registered on this forum before I created this post, as it's intended as something nice for the community and not a recruitment drive :) Recipients will be selected randomly.

🎄 End date: you must post by 03 January 2022.

🎄 You can see ALL new Shadowlands tameable looks here: https://www.wow-petopia.com/shadowlandstames.php . Look back and reminisce on how many gorgeous new looks we've been given over the past year. There are now 456 of them!

ShadowlandsTamesMontage.png
ShadowlandsTamesMontage.png (4.38 MiB) Viewed 15515 times
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Re: Shadowlands Holidays Giveaway - 2021

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I suck at linking stuff, so I'll see if I can figure out how to post screenshots when I have a moment. Attaching Petopia links atm.

Pink Elekk is one of my new favs...because...PINK!!!!!

And I love this dream runner. It's shadowy and elegant and just fits a shadowy-land theme.

And the new boar looks. <3 I love the new boar models, and this one runs with my orc hunter ...who is sort of RP Blind ..uses the cataract eye model. I named my boar "Isee", and her pets all help her "see" her way, but this boar was her first love, and most loyal companion . :D
Tsukina
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shen'dralar

Unread post by Tsukina »

Wow Wain, your Christmas initiative is great (mine is simpler ... every year on January 6 in the afternoon, I give pets [before dropboss and from BfA expeditions] wrapped in gift paper, from the fountain in stormwind)

Regarding the tames that is the heart of the matter.

My top tames SL is in a couple of cases simple and the 3rd place disputed.

1st Place, without a doubt it is Kala, simply her missions are hilarious and well it reminds me of my cat in the real world (except that mine does not have wings of course ...)

To take a decent photo it has cost me, I play with all minimum resolution, and uploading it to take a normal average photo almost makes my PC explode, and also more resolution makes my Yogi (my pet from the lich) look something strange.

2nd Place, it's Nyemi, she has taken so long to join... She could have taken any other of the same color but I did not want that. I still haven't been able to get hold of her, firstly I broke my right arm and also to top it off I have been screwed Kortia and I can't go to her without being pulled out ... not even going to hell or summoning myself in there.When my arm heals and I regain mobility and all that to be able to play in a "normal" way (with the left it is difficult for me to control the mouse and although the cast has already been removed, my right arm remains something silly since it is still recent), I will see if a GM can help me ...

And my third is the divided heart ... between the gargons Geza and Reza , both are very beautiful, I can't choose between the 2 ... ...

And as always, I apologize for the use of an automatic translator.

And if on January 6 (it is the day "the Three Wise Men" in Spain, like Santa Claus, but here there are 3), all those of the forum are invited, if you want to stop by Shendralar-Alianza, I will be in the afternoon handing out gifts containing minipets, in the fountain in front of the building of auctions.
With my character Nei playing a page. This will be the 6 or 7 year that I do it.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Not entering myself, just wanted to say thanks for all you do Wain. :) Hope you have a nice holiday!
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

I would enter, but I havent had an active sub for a looong time. IDK when next I will considering all the crap going on.
BUT, this is a very nice thing for you to offer people <3 Thank you for always being kind and helpful to people!
And GL everyone :>

Siggy under construction!

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Vephriel wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:39 pm Not entering myself, just wanted to say thanks for all you do Wain. :) Hope you have a nice holiday!
Adding to this sentiment. WoW is very much on the hiatus backburner for me

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

TY to whoever fixed my links. <3
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

My three are as follows:

For the pink elekk, I was absolutely hellbent on finding a way to tame the ones in Terokkar Forest. As someone who has made use of questionable game mechanics to do fun stuff, I tried EVERYTHING to try making a friendly NPC become neutral/hostile. When I was on the verge of giving up, it was found that these goofy things were added to Brewfest in the most prominent drunkard area; the Grim Guzzler. I was absolutely thrilled that it was finally tameable, even if all the effort I put in was essentially wasted. My only dismay was that nobody was parading around Oribos with pink elekks. I personally don't like pink, but the fact that these elekks are imaginary creatures that are not "real", like the illusion mammoth summoned in the Oculus and other similar beasts that aren't actual living creatures. If not for the pink elekk being tameable, Shadow of Dambala would've taken this spot. Drunk hallucinations won out though, because of the absurdity.

For the carrion bird, I was always fond of these flightless vultures. Bearded vultures are my favorite bird, and when they could finally be tamed in Warlords of Draenor, I was happy to have my feathered raptor companion. So much so that it was my main pet for all of Warlords. Up until Shadowlands, the other two original colors were unused as pets. When playing on one iteration of the PTR, I happened to discover the new colors in the wild on a total whim; this happened to be my first ACTUAL contribution to Petopia. My amazing charisma and objective opinions aside, being able to say I helped the database find something new is a nice boost to my ego. It was tough picking between the dark blue and yellow skins, but blue ultimately won out because it's just so striking. I love all of the flightless vultures equally, really.

Last but not least, the owlsteeds were the most interesting Shadowlands creature to me. For one, it's a flightless bird, which I've made clear is something that's certainly on my list of interests. Second, it's a horse with owl-like features, which is absolutely wild looking. Finally, while we constantly call them "steeds", they feel more like a cervid than an equine, and cervids are pretty interesting. I was immediately enamored by the gold version, which has such a vibrant and outstanding color scheme that perfectly fits with Bastion's aesthetic. I would've loved having a mount to go along with the pet, but I'm plenty content with this wonderful addition to the feathermane family.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and cheers to 2021 ending on a (slightly) better note than 2020!
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

These Three are my favorites added to the XPAC, I have a lot that I love, but I only had to choose three

First of all, the Vilebone Ravager, I fell in love with this guy when I wasn't able to go for Dunegorger, and in fact, loved it more than Dunegorger, while I don't play BM, it is still active on my character, and once exotics(hopefully) can be tamed by all specs, this one is my first ferocity pet i'll grab on my new main

Second, the Gromit, I chose purple because it matched my shardhide and its in my stable, I have a lot of fun pairing it with a Swagsnout gromit semi permanent pet, I was excited more than ever to tame a Gromit ever since I stepped foot in Korthia and use it when ever i'm there, and it really made the Toad family shine more than ever

Last but not Least, Blazeseeker, ever since Blazeseeker got flagged tameable, I ran islands for a couple of weeks on the verge to give up, but I did not since I found another creature minutes before, and as I saw him, I tamed him, when ever I go PVP or explore with Eyes of the Beast spell, he is one of my go tos

I wish I can show more favorites, but thats all I have folks
Happy Holidays!
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

I have been wanting dragons since the first day I joined wow and made my hunter. When i heard they were making cloud serpents tameable i came back to the game just to get one. While the Heavenly Onyx was first on my list, once i learned there was a trick to getting the white serpents I knew I had to have them. The task reminded me of the macro taming days of old, which i remember fondly as some of my best days In wow. I would spend all day helping other hunters get there (non game breaking, cosmetic only) macro pets. I had fun with the other hunters trying to get the dagger for these two and the community came together to help me get an Ivory serpent to boot! Now the Ivory and Thundering white serpents are my go-to pets when i dont need a tank and i love them dearly.

And then there is this guy. Didnt like mech pets, but somehow he grew on me and is now one of my favorite looks to come from shadowlands. I dont use him much, but i keep him with me wherever I go. Hes just so pretty!

Here's to hoping for a better 2022, Wain :) (edit) whoops got so distracted by the pets i forgot to say that if i win, i would like the alabaster mounts please. US (North America) region.
Last edited by SylviaDragon on Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pokcmvmxckm
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sen'jin NA

Unread post by Pokcmvmxckm »

Its definitely been an interesting year, lot of good looking games coming out in 2022 so there's that to look forward to.

As for my favorite tames in Shadowlands it would have to be the Cloud serpents, with my favorite currently tameable color being the Thundering White.

My second and third favorite tames are the Skeletal devilsaur with the grey hood, and the Green Kunchong.

Good luck to everyone who enters, I hope you all had a great holiday and hoping everyone has a great 2022!

If I win, the Steamscale Incinerator is the prize I would like, my region is Americas.
Zetsoban

Unread post by Zetsoban »

Love these giveaways Wain! Happy to see the site growing, keep up the good work!

Here are my three favourite looks:

I discovered this one back on Beta, very proud to have contributed!

Just a stunning look, happy to have it tamed.

I was so surprised by these. My dad's name is Aquilon (exact spelling) Never seen that name used before in anything, I was very happy to see it used in WoW!

I'd love the Steamscale Incinerator on EU if I win! I foresee a very happy future Goblin alt riding it haha.
Zetsoban

Unread post by Zetsoban »

Hooray and Happy New Year! Thank you for the lovely mount, I'm so stoked! Had to show you guys in game! :)

Again, thank you for maintaining Petopia, love the site! :D :D :D

Wishing all of you the best in 2022. Stay healthy and fill those stable slots ;)
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_010122_133849.jpg
WoWScrnShot_010122_133849.jpg (408.97 KiB) Viewed 15252 times
Tsukina
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shen'dralar

Unread post by Tsukina »

As promised, here are the photos.

Brightpaw has found a new companion in my Nightborne jacket.

As a curiosity I will tell you that as many times, the name is wrongly translated ... "Brightpaw" would be "Zarpabrillo" or "Brillozarpa" ('paw' = 'zarpa', 'bright' = 'brillo') but they have invented it by putting it "Zarpa de Luz" I mean "Paw of Light" ... without any reason...

The second pet, Shadow, has found the love of my void elf.
And also she is perfect, she can always accompany me, both when I play normally (void) and when I role-play being a spy in charge of SI: 7.

Here I am giving the information obtained while I was infiltrated in the horde xd

As it changes color between reddish brown and purple the pet is perfect, I adore it.

It is surprising but this mascot has been translated well into Spanish by the name ... hallelujah xd

And finally Twilight, That he is going to stay with my main hunter as an adventure companion.

And in this, more or less they have done it correct, "Twilight" would be "Crepusculo", "Crepusculin" is like "twilight tiny or cuddly", but the change is acceptable.

They are beautiful gifts and a huge gesture @Wain, for which we cannot afford these expenses.

Really, from the bottom of my heart, thank you, not just for the gifts, but for keeping this (Petopia) open.

And as always, I hope that my text does not have translation errors or has errors, if so, I am really sorry.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I'm so glad you're enjoying your pets / mounts! The giveaway isn't over yet, so if anyone was still planning to post then please don't hesitate, but I've already taken care of some :)

As for the Spanish names... That's interesting!

"Sombra" for Twilight isn't too bad, because it's used more to mean a shadow realm, rather than literal "evening".

In Spanish can "luz" also mean "light coloured" or is it only used for literal light? Either way, it's a bit strange. I wonder if they used a native Spanish speaker to translate or just someone who knows a little Spanish. I know there can also be problems if they have someone who speaks American Spanish to translate European Spanish. I've heard of some terrible mistakes made that way :D

Related: I've seen some German names for NPCs (via Aroim's pictures) that also seemed to be translated poorly, but in those cases the names seemed to be translated literally, without any understanding of the context in the game.
Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Thank you SO much Wain. And to my delight, it sparkles when in flight!

https://ibb.co/jkTvZ6Z
Loridon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Loridon »

I took 3 from the upcoming 9.2 patch.

I always wanted to time the blue bullfrog when I saw them in MOP (timlesse isle).
So I was very excited when they became tameable in BFA. The first tame I did was Anax in Suramar with my nightborh alt. I have many hunter alts :p
When I saw the new model in BFA...I hoped so much they were tameable to! But they weren't :'( Until SL
With this model I can even have a golden one! Don't ask me why but I like the toads in wow, de pets and the mounts.

I don't have alot birds of prey. But just look at them! They look so fast. A born killer and I like the "glowing" around there neck.
I always liked pets with armor on them. It give me the feeling they are better protected in battle.

Do I rlly have to explain this one? Snails!Freaking Snails :p Can you imagine the enemy already? Covered in slime and trying to run away, haha.
I always wanted to tame the snails (Gastropod) in Throne of Thunder raid.Who knows, someday.

I'm from EU region.
I wanted to ask the Sunwarmed Furline but they seems not in sale. So I want to ask for the beautiful Vulpine Familiar.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Good luck everyone! Happy New Year!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Well, I believe it's now the 4th of January everywhere in the world, so the giveaway has officially ended!

It should be no secret by now that everyone who entered got a gift. If I somehow missed a person (and I've triple-checked so hopefully I have not!) then please let me know! Thank you all for participating and for your valued contributions to Petopia over the past year. And the same goes for everyone in the Petopia community who didn't enter!

It was great to see your favourite pets from this expansion, and it was doubly good to see how diverse they all are - it wasn't just the same few pets over and over. I think this is brilliant, and reinforces my experience that for every pet look there's someone out there who really loves it 💚💚💚

I guess I should post my three.

As I'm sure all of you found, it's *really* hard to narrow it down to three, because there are SO many beautiful models in this expansion. The artists did an amazing job.

First of all, I think this is the most beautiful blue that has ever existed in the game. I will never get tired of looking at it:

I also picked the pink cloud serpent because it means something to me, which I've posted about before. I'm still thrilled that they found the texture in their archives and restored it to the game:

Third place was really hard to pick. I nearly chose the pink elekk, because it's completely out there! But in the end I chose the gorgeous orange ardentoad:

Also, favourite model that never (but almost) was. Vale, windsteed, you were apparently too good for this world (of Warcraft):

Loridon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Loridon »

First of all ty Wain for the mount. You rock :hug:

I took my younger hunter alt for the screenshot. Its the only draenei I have (pls forgive me Wain)
Vulpine Familiar
Vulpine Familiar
Schermopname (243).png (3.5 MiB) Viewed 15001 times

In this screenshot I started the mountspecial. Looks silly don't you think :P
mountspecial
mountspecial
Schermopname (242).png (510.28 KiB) Viewed 15001 times