Sorranos Wombat pet

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
ligewolf
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: the Underbog/ Moonrunner (H) US

Sorranos Wombat pet

Unread post by ligewolf »

Finally tamed him. This tame seemes to be tricky as it requires you to tame it while its being attached. Due to its proximity to Haven, it will always be attacked whenever it spawns. This is just like trying to get the Sabertrons cats from BfA in the Stormsong Valley zone. Just gotta keep spamming Tame Beast until your cast sticks for the whole duration. Took me 3 Sorranos spawns to get him. Each spawn wait was of approx. 1 hour. Best of luck, hunters!

Honestly, up close, the pets looks outdated. Like a Facial gone wrong. Actually, a lot of mobs/beasts give me this low-polygon/low-resolution vibe.. might just be me..
Attachments
sdgfdrsds.PNG
sdgfdrsds.PNG (1.42 MiB) Viewed 4012 times
xcdfgd.PNG
xcdfgd.PNG (1.38 MiB) Viewed 4012 times
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Sorranos Wombat pet

Unread post by Wain »

I don’t remember them looking that low poly. I’ll check it out.

On my realm last night, Sorranos was up for ages unmolested, so maybe it’s a time of day thing.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Re: Sorranos Wombat pet

Unread post by Maizou »

ligewolf wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:55 pm Finally tamed him. This tame seemes to be tricky as it requires you to tame it while its being attached. Due to its proximity to Haven, it will always be attacked whenever it spawns. This is just like trying to get the Sabertrons cats from BfA in the Stormsong Valley zone. Just gotta keep spamming Tame Beast until your cast sticks for the whole duration. Took me 3 Sorranos spawns to get him. Each spawn wait was of approx. 1 hour. Best of luck, hunters!

Honestly, up close, the pets looks outdated. Like a Facial gone wrong. Actually, a lot of mobs/beasts give me this low-polygon/low-resolution vibe.. might just be me..
Please don't tame things that people are actively engaged in combat attacking to kill for daily things. It's one thing if it's a beast designed to be a hunter pet, but this is a zone wide rare lol. Next time, try realm hopping to find it up on a dead shard, or waiting until a not so populated time of day. Taming things people are attacking is one of the reasons people have issues with a lot of hunters.

As for the textures, you need to turn up your texture resolution in graphics settings. This is what Sorranos looks like on max settings:

With more advanced models, the lower resolution models have to have even worse textures to support things like the animated ball rotating without impacting performance.

If you had it on High, there's a chance the patch reset your settings, so I'd check. A lot of the time, it defaults to your recommended settings after a patch.