Who konw this pet’s name?

For discussion of the current WoW expansion, including pets, Alpha and Beta information, anything!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
woaibainiu

Who konw this pet’s name?

Unread post by woaibainiu »

Look like Not Loque'Nahak but some body say This is a model modification

I searched all afternoon in web but no Nothing, I'm really like a pet asking for this model
Attachments
43B04651-F762-41E3-A614-551494D8D073.png
43B04651-F762-41E3-A614-551494D8D073.png (893.94 KiB) Viewed 2508 times
Tsukina
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shen'dralar

Re: Who konw this pet’s name?

Unread post by Tsukina »

I can't really help you much.
I have been using the google lens to get the 3 texts of the image.
In the upper left corner it says "Solaza Basin", in the upper center button it says "hidden" and in the lower right corner it says "Headline @city spring woodshen".

The text is Simplified Chinese.
I have tried to find the origin of the image but google does not tell me anything... Where did you get it from? Maybe with that we can find out more.

My opinion? or on the Chinese servers, Loque has that model (remember that there are many things there with the models changed due to censorship), or it is a Chinese private server, or it is someone with the modified files.

Edit: Ok I found the original post, it's reddit, where they look for the pet too.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/x ... pets_name/

Edit2: Ok, I have found the origin of the image that has later reached reddit, it is from this Chinese websites

https://www.dianler.com/archives/113593.html
and
https://inewsdb.com/%E9%81%8A%E6%88%B2/ ... %E6%96%B0/

they both have the same item and where the photo, is this text.

The second soul beast is called: Lokanaha level 76 elite, commonly known as the ghost leopard, located in the Solaza Basin. There are multiple refresh points that share the CD with the other two rare mobs on the map, and the refresh time is 8 hours. Due to its refresh mechanism and multiple location refresh points, it is not easy to see.

Neither of the 2 articles has comments (which could perhaps help us to know if it is a skin mod or if it is like that on their servers) and delving into other Chinese websites is not within my reach due to the impediment they have in the country, which I'm sorry I can't help more.
Last edited by Tsukina on Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

woaibainiu wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:53 am Look like Not Loque'Nahak but some body say This is a model modification

I searched all afternoon in web but no Nothing, I'm really like a pet asking for this model
That's someone's custom model most likely. There's no pet with that skin in the game to my knowledge.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

That is indeed a model edit.
Not sure where from. I know MMOwned had a lot of model edits in the past, so I would guess that would be a good place to start looking.
Model edits, even for something like cosmetics, apparently have been getting more and more people in trouble. I know a certain edit that changed the maps and removed undergarmets off models had at one point caused a lot of people to be banned. (Though I heard that most were lifted upon people explaining in tickets what the edit actually did)

Siggy under construction!

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Model edits are against the ToU, yes. THey have been since the start. People would get in trouble for changing things like ore veins or herb nodes to be large green boxes so you couldnt miss them, for instance lol.