Pet Scaling

Discuss WoW Classic and give feedback for our Petopia Classic sites, including Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Keroth
Realm: Windseeker

Pet Scaling

Unread post by Keroth »

I probably have not searched the 5 corners of the internet, but I can't seem to find any information about pets scaling with hunter stats in TBC.
I honestly feel like this was a big change that happened with 2.0 but I'm not seeing anything about it anywhere. Is this info available, and if so, does anyone have numbers or stats that could be posted to the "pet differences" section of the TBC page?
Theaden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Trollbane US, Lightbringer US

Re: Pet Scaling

Unread post by Theaden »

Just got on TBC BETA, I will check on the scaling. Since I have to level up a Scorpid. Nice to be back on this site.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

From our guide at the time:
Starting with Patch 2.0, hunter pets now benefit from "pet scaling". Pet scaling just means that your pet gets to add some of your stats to his own stats, so that his power scales with your power. The basics are very simple:

Pets get about 30% of the hunter's stamina added to their stamina.
Pets get about 35% of the hunter's armor added to their armor.
Pets get about 22% of the hunter's ranged attack power added to their melee attack power.
Pets get about 12.5% of the hunter's ranged attack power added to their spell damage.
Pets get about 40% of the hunter's resistances added to their own resistances.
I'm yet to add that to our BC info, but I will try to. I haven't yet confirmed that this is the case in the Beta, however.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
theprojects
Realm: Earthshaker

Unread post by theprojects »

https://www.wowhead.com/forums/topic/181967

This is usually a nice overview for what to expect as hunters, but here it merely states:
'Pets receive attribute scaling. For us the stats that scale are mainly resistances, armor, stamina, and attack power.'
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

theprojects wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:32 am https://www.wowhead.com/forums/topic/181967

This is usually a nice overview for what to expect as hunters, but here it merely states:
'Pets receive attribute scaling. For us the stats that scale are mainly resistances, armor, stamina, and attack power.'
Thanks for the link! :)

I have a Petopia page from the BC era and I've added it to our BC Classic page, here: https://www.wow-petopia.com/classic_bc/ ... caling.php
It's only short but details all that we should expect. I just haven't seen it confirmed that it works that way yet.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Keroth
Realm: Windseeker

Unread post by Keroth »

Thanks for updating the site! I'm really looking forward to this adventure through the Portal!