Beta 10.0 Beast Thread

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Re: Beta 10.0 Beast Thread

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Good to see the fey darters fixed. Can't wait to grab an orange o- Oh right. Still no neutral or hostile versions of that one.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Since we got one new family and one family rename so far, what do you think will come next, a few more families, a rename, I’m just curious on what you all think, I think a gastropod family will happen, but I hope they won’t be exotic
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by ace_of_hearth »

worgpower wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:09 am Since we got one new family and one family rename so far, what do you think will come next, a few more families, a rename, I’m just curious on what you all think, I think a gastropod family will happen, but I hope they won’t be exotic
O hope we get Salamanther family, tbh. It would consist of DL Salamanther + Ambystan from ZM. I hope for Marsuul and Ottuk to be in their own family; Weasel but it seems far fetched.
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

Depends how you really want to merge them. Do you want more family options, a mix up. Or just cropping the families for convenience sake.
This all depends on us being able to choose our specs. Because i'd hate to lose more options if a ferocity family merges to a cunning or tenacity.

OK SO!
Birds of prey+ Carrion birds = Birds
Monkey+Gorilla = Primates
Stag + Gruffhorns = Gruffhorns2.0
Wolves + dogs = Canines (Honestly i'd add hyena into this group to but i know that's not biologically correct)

As for any new family not being exotic. I think if they decouple slugs/snails they would probably still be exotic.
A pet I would like. Bramblebeast: Kultiran druid forms, the plant hydras, maybe even a few plant things. But i'm all for that stuff.
I know a Warlock is going to hate me for this but. Demonic beasts: Fel bats, felstalkers, felsteeds, vilefiends, void terror and even an ur'zul if you wana be grim. I mean they may be demons, but they are still beasts.
And because I like slimes. Slimes, including the model for the slime nightsaber

Keep in mind I actually think they should expand warcraft's pets in general.
Warlocks should be able to enslave demons for custom demon slots.
Shamans should be able to make deals with elementals to be summons.
Deathknights should be able to bind a undead to be his summon.
Why let hunters have all the fun?
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Most of these demons are temporary summons but should be perm warlock pets but not for hunters, bramble beasts make sense as a skill or undead pet since they’re bones/plant, snails and slugs are not anything extraordinary so why make them exotic at all, some merging like primates or birds make a lot of sense, i mentioned this a lot, but chromaggus should be a lesser dragonkin since drakeadons are lesser dragonkin, soul eaters can be a fine fit for lesser dragonkin but at the same time they’re not dragonkin, but hopefully remaining creatures will be ours soon, skeletal horses where are you
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Demons being tamable by Hunters is most likely never going to happen. In the past whenever there has been a demon, like a Felstalker, that has been made tamable, Blizz has always made it untamable again. Some things should just be available to specific classes.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

The fact we can't tame bramble pets is so weird.

Like, they gave us an explanation that we should respect nature, but that's implying we're enslaving our pets. Like, no, that's not what taming is Blizzard. What's more respectful than becoming best friends and partner in combat with an animal?
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by ace_of_hearth »

Maizou wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:10 am The fact we can't tame bramble pets is so weird.

Like, they gave us an explanation that we should respect nature, but that's implying we're enslaving our pets. Like, no, that's not what taming is Blizzard. What's more respectful than becoming best friends and partner in combat with an animal?
My Kul Tiran Hunter would be so happy if she could tame Bramble Beast. Her RP background is she is part of the Thornspeakers. But I do hope they get the 'undead' treatment where they don't have a family but are placed in the family with what they look like; Bear, Cat, Wolf.
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

I'd like those weird tiny jaw bats from maldraxxus.
But on the demon thing.
I don't disagree with you guys. I just think that we have a portal to argus. and plenty of demon beasts are just...
Dogs and bats, with tentacles. We have things like mage hounds and elemental beasts etc. So I personally don't see it as that bad. But totally understand cos the whole uniqueness for warlocks i'm fine with that.

As far as im concerned. If it looks like an animal. It should be fair game.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

It’s strange how we got hellhounds and other undead beasts, but we didn’t get firehawks and skeleton horses during SL, they’re both undead, and they would have qualified in a normal family just like the rest of them, firehawks are just bone birds lit on fire, it would of been a fine edition to the carrion birds or birds of prey families. Bramble beasts are also practically undead, they have parts of a tree on their body which make them very zombie like, so we still have a mighty list of pets to earn this xpac
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

I would have loved the spectral charger thing from torghast as a pet. that would have been fun!

Something else i'm sad about is we get all these super cool mounts that are just, basic critter models with a saddle. Why can't we tame ones like that?
I duno, stick a vendor that spawns a version of your mount for you to tame.
The Insect Man
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by The Insect Man »

Has there been any lore regarding the new mantis-looking creatures? They're very different to the Pandaria Mantids. Are they intelligent creatures or (potentially tameable) beasts?
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

The Insect Man wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:16 am Has there been any lore regarding the new mantis-looking creatures? They're very different to the Pandaria Mantids. Are they intelligent creatures or (potentially tameable) beasts?
The skythid?
They are counted as bests. But I don't think they will be tameable. Bit to human looking. Only thing i can really find about them is the "easy prey" quest. Think they are just gnoll level goons.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

if we can tame lesser dragonkin, we should be able to tame scythids!
Attachments
scythid.png
scythid.png (59.87 KiB) Viewed 1156 times
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Last I heard, Scythids will not be tameable. Given their model they should probably have been set as Humanoids rather than Beasts, and it only makes things muddier that they're the one creature of this format that isn't.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
The Insect Man
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by The Insect Man »

Damnit. Either let us tame them or play as them :)
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Scythids are very similar to makrura, very beast like but are sentient humanoids, and I wanted to point out that vorquins should be coursers and not stags, the reason is they behave and sound like a horse in game, and I don’t see anything that’s part of a stag on the creature, just like a kirin in mythology, it’s got fish scales, dragon head and horns, and a horses body
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Kirin belong in stags since they're practically dragon deer. Look at those horns, man! Plus, Giraffes are called "kirin" in Japanese, and they're in the stag family. So, the mythological kirin belong in the same family!
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

The vorquins are confusing for what they are, windsteeds had all the aspects of a kirin, while Vorquin lack antlers and have more emphasis on dragon and horse features and less on the others, that’s why I suggested them to be coursers when I didn’t know what kirins really are
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

GormanGhaste wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:43 pm if we can tame lesser dragonkin, we should be able to tame scythids!
I'm almost positive most of the Scythids talk to you as you kill them. So probably not gonna happen lol.