Dragonflight General Pet & Beast Discussion

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Re: Beta 10.0 Beast Thread

Unread post by worgpower »

I’d definitely love a level sync for the forgotten gryphon tomorrow
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Maizou wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:20 am I can confirm that you can level sync to tame him.

I am level 70. I synced to level 65.
This is awesome news! Thanks! :)

Plesae let me know if this works for Makhra, but I suspect not.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Wain wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:47 am
Maizou wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:20 am I can confirm that you can level sync to tame him.

This is awesome news! Thanks! :)

Plesae let me know if this works for Makhra, but I suspect not.
Is Makhra up today? There's a random rotation of rares up each day. (I assume Slurpo is up every day as he's a forced spawn one)

EDIT: Just ran out there since I'm heading to bed soon anyway - she is not up today. So can't check.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

How does the level sync work again? It's been ages since I had friends who needed help with leveling, so I don't know the proper "order" to doing it. I do have a friend who's leveling entirely through professions, so I can easily grab him for this when he's on later, but I don't know how to approach this.
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

Man I just gotta take a moment to rag on the new scalehides.
What the hell is with the walking animation. They move more like gorillas, awkward as hell.
Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Zoruaronan »

A bit off topic here but with Helicids and Lava Snails now added to the database, Shouldn't we add the regular snail models and any other versions of the snails as well in the untamable section? Just curious

Also Blizzard, Please make the normal snail models tamable, Snails need more love.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Has anyone been able to try adventure syncing with Makhra? I haven't seen it on any of my servers yesterday or today.
bluetonberry

Unread post by bluetonberry »

Can you clarify if you did anything special? I've tried party syncing twice (once with someone at 64 WM OFF and then level 66 WM ON) and both times the rare was two levels above me and I couldn't tame. I have seen a couple of comments of people doing it no problem though so I'm not sure if there is something specific to do.
Valariel
Realm: Alleria

Unread post by Valariel »

bluetonberry wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:55 am

Can you clarify if you did anything special? I've tried party syncing twice (once with someone at 64 WM OFF and then level 66 WM ON) and both times the rare was two levels above me and I couldn't tame. I have seen a couple of comments of people doing it no problem though so I'm not sure if there is something specific to do.
Did you summon Slurpo or did your party member summon him?

And i tamed him this way - questing till 99% before i level up. Summon him with lvl 63 , feign death, running out of the cave, kill one of the butterflies, ding lvl 64, running back and taming him.
bluetonberry

Unread post by bluetonberry »

Valariel wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:28 am
bluetonberry wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:55 am

Did you summon Slurpo or did your party member summon him?

And i tamed him this way - questing till 99% before i level up. Summon him with lvl 63 , feign death, running out of the cave, kill one of the butterflies, ding lvl 64, running back and taming him.
i summoned him. But when synced we were both the level of the lower character (you actually get quests that you've already done pop-up when you sync down).

Unfortunately I'm 70 so I can't do the leveling trick.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

After a very long time of farming, I was finally able to locate and tame the green and purple ice bears. They can only be summoned by Skinners that have invested 10 points into Bait and 20 points into Mastery. The bait used to summon them has a 12 hour CD, but it can be reduced by skinning and made ready in about 10-15 minutes. The bait has to be used in specific places for a chance to summon the bears. I used my bait in Azure Span at the main ice bear den. There is no guarantee that you will summon the bears, since the bait can summon most other beast npcs in the zone, and even if you do summon the bear, it could be any of the color variants that the ice bear can be.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

hmm, interesting! My main hunter is a skinner, but I was planning on investing mostly in the fishing lure track. (haven't started spending points yet) Do we know what other unique hunter pet colors can be summoned by the baits?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

From what I’ve seen, there isn’t anything else.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Valnaaros wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:31 am Image

After a very long time of farming, I was finally able to locate and tame the green and purple ice bears. They can only be summoned by Skinners that have invested 10 points into Bait and 20 points into Mastery. The bait used to summon them has a 12 hour CD, but it can be reduced by skinning and made ready in about 10-15 minutes. The bait has to be used in specific places for a chance to summon the bears. I used my bait in Azure Span at the main ice bear den. There is no guarantee that you will summon the bears, since the bait can summon most other beast npcs in the zone, and even if you do summon the bear, it could be any of the color variants that the ice bear can be.
YESSSSS PURPLE!!
heruwolf
Realm: Area-52

Unread post by heruwolf »

I found a green ice bear from fishing. Name: Snufflegust. Can be spawned with Ominous Conches. at the pool in Grimtusk's Hideaway. /way 58.76, 32.55

However... It can't be tamed.....................
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

heruwolf wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:14 pm I found a green ice bear from fishing. Name: Snufflegust. Can be spawned with Ominous Conches. at the pool in Grimtusk's Hideaway. /way 58.76, 32.55

Yes. I’ve known about him since Beta, but never bothered to hunt him since he was never flagged as tamable in the database :(
heruwolf
Realm: Area-52

Unread post by heruwolf »

Valnaaros wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:30 pm
heruwolf wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:14 pm I found a green ice bear from fishing. Name: Snufflegust. Can be spawned with Ominous Conches. at the pool in Grimtusk's Hideaway. /way 58.76, 32.55

Yes. I’ve known about him since Beta, but never bothered to hunt him since he was never flagged as tamable in the database :(
Ya. That's fair. That's really unfortunate that he's not tamable. Would have loved for him to be tamable and keep his name.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

All pets still have the same stats right? My Bakar hounds dies so much faster than my saber cats...And seems to do less dps too?
Anyone else have encountered that?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Maria wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:31 pm All pets still have the same stats right? My Bakar hounds dies so much faster than my saber cats...And seems to do less dps too?
Because bakars are cunning and the saber cats are ferocity, the leech makes ferocity superior to anything else, even the health boosts from tenacity are inferior
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

worgpower wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:39 pm
Maria wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:31 pm All pets still have the same stats right? My Bakar hounds dies so much faster than my saber cats...And seems to do less dps too?
Because bakars are cunning and the saber cats are ferocity, the leech makes ferocity superior to anything else, even the health boosts from tenacity are inferior
Ahh thank you!

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig