New Expansion Discussion and Speculation!

DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Re: New Expansion Discussion and Speculation!

Unread post by DannyGreen »

Oh god I hope it's not darkfallen. Please not more elves.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

I'm actually glad to see a different body shape for once. Every race's males are absolute huge bulky things. But I understand how folks might be disappointed. Maybe they'll find a way to give us both styles. While I'm thrilled there is a new race and new class, I'm bummed that they are one in the same. I think that is a big mistake. Maybe they are doing it so there aren't conflicts in the Legion systems or ..something, but honestly I believe this would be better received if they opened it up to some of the major classes, like hunter, warrior, rogue and mage. There's no reason theme-wise, unless it's just a RL cost / time issue. But even then, a billion dollar company can surely figure out a way to find the resources to do it.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Agreed. I am actually pretty happy with how the males and females look right now. in a lot of games monster/beast races tend to follow the format of male: cool but ridiculously bulky monster. female: thin, softer sexy version- may or may not look more human than the male for some reason.
so seeing a female reptile that still looks like a reptile and a thinner male that does not have football gear shoulders is honestly very exciting for me! I never really get to see options that cater to what i like!
(edit) it does look like they are actually going to add body type options for them too! so everyone can be happy. Hopefully the body types will not be gender locked. (Shame there is no ay to tank as a dragon. would have had fun playing a bulky tank lady)

I do still think that having them locked to a single class is a horrible idea though. I think i would have been more excited about the xpack announcement if the new class/race had not seemed so bare bones. Having such a narrow class/race/spec introduction after the content issues of shadowlands makes me feel uneasy.
Like i said previously i understand if you cant customize the Evoker animations for multiple races but at least give them a tank spec and allow the new race to be some of the basic classes. I could easily see them being warriors, mages and shamans and dont think rouge and hunter would have been a stretch either. One could possibly even argue paladin.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

I watched the trailer.. I dont get how the storylinie gets from Sylvannas jumping into the maw to an unknown Island... seems like there is missing some connection?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Maria wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:45 am I watched the trailer.. I dont get how the storylinie gets from Sylvannas jumping into the maw to an unknown Island... seems like there is missing some connection?
There may not really be a big connection. We have saved the Shadowlands, so there isn’t really a reason for us to stay there any longer.

The reason Watcher Koronos woke up is because Azerite flowed to the island. That is why the water was glowing. He then fulfilled his duty by deactivating the machine powering the cloaking device that kept the island hidden. It also activated as a beacon, which is why the dragons showed up immediately.

After that, Alexstraza seeks us out and asks us to help them in rediscovering who they (the dragons) are, to reclaim some of their lost power, and to learn what their purpose now is.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

So after saving Shadowlands all in the storylinie just gone back to before/or sitting whiddeling thumbs when we go learn about dragons? Seems thin ;)

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

I don't really see that as a bad thing. If we can forget shadowland happened at all, it would be to the benefit of the story as a whole.

Just assume we chased sylvanas to the spooky woods and she's serving jail time rescuing all the souls she killed. That's the entirety you need to take from shadowlands. Nothing else matters.

And now we're going to do more azeroth adventures. Just don't address it like we don't really address Alt draenor.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

The more I look at the Dracthyr, the more I hate how they look. I genuinely can't look at them and think they look good, be it in their unisex dragon form or in their mangled Broadway Cats humanoid forms. Everything about them is just plain ugly. I really hope some of those unseen customization options are actually good, as one of the tweets I saw said they can be a bit bulkier. Those slender frames are just bad. I refuse to play as a smoother and wimpier Maloriak.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I'm glad to see an expansion that's not just RAWR war, or powerful people doing stupid things. I love exploration as a theme! The only two expac themes I've really liked are Pandaria and Dragonflight.

I like Dracthyr. Not really interested in pretty dragons, and I'd like my character to be sleek enough to be able to lift off :) The only bulky muscles they should have are flight muscles!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Not every xpac has had some story connection from a prior xpac. For example, Wrath didn’t really have a connection from TBC.

I’m not fond of how the human and elf forms for Dracthyr look. They look too unusual. I am glad that there will be customization for the Dracthyr form, but I’m hoping that they either alter or add different options for the human/elf form.
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

DannyGreen wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:15 am If we can forget shadowland happened at all, it would be to the benefit of the story as a whole.

Just don't address it
Blizzplanet: How is the level 70 cap going to work with Chromie Time? Will Chromie Time be stretched to cover level 50-60 as well? Or will we be forced to go to Shadowlands for level 50-60?

Jackie: Oh, so we’re keeping it. For the new player experience, new players specifically will be sent from Exile’s Reach to BFA, then onto Dragon Isles. More veteran players, people who have already leveled a character to max can choose like Chromie Time to go level in Draenor or Pandaria or Shadowlands. But for new players, it’s going to go: Exile’s Reach, BFA, Dragon Isles.
HAHAHA Even blizzard are just gonna ignore it! that's great, that's great.

On the dragon stuff, more I look at them, more I become indifferent.
I mean I already aint touching Demonhunter's cos I'm forced to be an elf. Aint no difference here. If I'm gonna play one just for the sake of getting them up. I'll just grab as much junk armor as possible to hide myself.
At least human females look good in armour.

I don't blame people for not liking certain races or classes, if it's a short thing then you don't have to pay much attention but for an mmo when you're putting hundreds of hours into a character, I feel you really need to mesh with what you are playing.
I don't play pandaren because their animations bug me. I'd love to be a big fat bear, but I don't like the constant flippy kung fu stuff for every animation. No offence to pandaren.
Bloodelves are kinda the same, I'm fine with their animations. I just don't like how armour sits on them. Not to mention they are mail wearers. So covering the face is not really much of an option. Most mail helmets are open. Just grab a dog and stick it on your head. BAM mail helmet.

I know I seem to just post negative stuff, but i'm genuinely excited for what the game has for us, I'm a big pet collector so that interests me the most. All the lil pet's and lil dragon toads!
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Hoping for pet talent trees again, I liked customizing my pets. :mrgreen:

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

I hope for the same, if players get new talent trees, so should pets, it could open up for pets and we don’t have to strictly pick a pet spec if there’s a talent that can help improve their dps or other life savers
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

looks like all races can roll a priest, mage and rouge in 10. :)

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Hooved rogues are going to be hilarious, it was not exciting as the time gnomes got access to hunters, making all core races being able to play hunter, and I still hope dracthyr evokers will at least have one or two melee abilities that use their claws
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

When 10.0 rolls around, I'm going to play this commercial in the background on loop for the whole day as I finally play a Tauren rogue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug75diEyiA0
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Put sponges on their feet. BAM instant muffler.

Though I'm still waiting for Orc DH
EVERY CLASS FOR EVERY COMBO LETS GO LADS!
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I’m waiting for worgen and goblin monks to be playable, and mag’har druids
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

oh, i guess on the other side of the coin, Evoker's are also getting the Demon Hunter treatment. you can only have one per server and you need a lvl 50+ on any additional servers you wish to roll an Evoker on.

Now, im perfectly fine with having that restriction for the hero class, but restricting it so you can only roll the Dracthyr race once per server is...not good.
They really need to add mroe class options for the race imho. otherwise it just plays like a class with a fancy druid form and I dont like them advertizing it as otherwise. I had so many fun dragon character ideas I wanted to roll up on my main server. :(

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I want a dragon hunter...in the WORST way. :(