New Expansion Discussion and Speculation!

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: New Expansion Discussion and Speculation!

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Tsukina wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:51 pm The pre-purchase of the expansion has just been activated and one of the "gifts" (in quotes), is a blue flight related helmet cosmetic, only with the blue one (unlike the other cosmetic that has 5 colors), that can be some clue or is it just paranoia?
The helm is thematically Blue Dragonflight-only. The text for it states that it is the helm of Sindragosa, who was a Blue Dragon. As far as we know, there won't be any helmets for the other flights.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

i fear they wont listen at all to input in alpha or beta... they set their mind on something and thats how its going to go

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Your fears are very, very likely to happen, if I'm to be honest. We just need to be loud; not to the point of being obnoxious, but loud enough that any message that NEEDS to be heard (such as balance issues, genuine concerns for the game that always get ignored anyway, and so on), rather than "Fix this" or "Stop being dumb". Not that I'm accusing anyone here of that, but that's exactly what idiots on the main forums tend to do, and that drowns out the real content. We just need to drown out the worthless content.

That being said, I am HORRIBLY underwhelmed by the preorder and different version content this time around. I'm not spending anything more than the base price this time around. First time I've not done a collector's edition since Wrath (started in BC, but didn't get collector's there).
Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I agree with being underwhelmed. I did go with the package with the boost, but that was as far as I went.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

you know, i thought this might be the first fancy pre order i'd ever do in order to get the wings but uh... the full game is supposed to be out before the end of 2022? we are nearly a week away from July and Beta is not even out! not to mention thats a pretty steep price and the wings are kinda... dinky.
I really want to like this expansion, i have been waiting on getting cool dragon stuff since i joined in LK. But i really am starting to get worried. I feel like i'm seeing more and more red flags between this short release date, the insistence of trying to sell a new class as both a new race and class, and just the overall lack of big selling points they have been showcasing. A lot of the things they have been hyping up have been technical things that wont really add to gameplay activities. (new talent tree, ui, extended view distance.) these things are all well and good but I dont understand why they were set as main hype spots instead of something more meaty- unless they dont have anything else to show in its place.
I'd like to hope that with their new themes of secrecy they are just keeping stuff hush hush so they can blow is all away with an awesome surprise but the more likely reality is things are looking rushed and kinda empty.
i think i will hold off on buying this one untill we get some better info in beta.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

The fact is that Blizz has shown that they typically won't listen to what the playerbase is saying. Even when a ton of people are stating the obvious, Blizz either won't ever listen or they'll make changes a patch or two later. I'm not holding out much hope for changes to things that affect all players, let alone changes that affect a particular class.
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

Hope is poison we drink way to often.
I expect the start of the expansion to be shit.
They will put a couple of things they intend to remove to make it seem like they are listening to feed back.
The first patch will be pretty barren maybe with a zone or two gated away behind dragon riding. Putting all their bets on dragon flying and the mythic/raid tiers to keep people distracted. Then a mini patch will come out finishing off the map. Aka giving them those extra 3-4 months development time while we beta test again.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I hope it won't be that bleak! o.O

I always found the start of expansions to be a lot of fun and exciting... but also sometimes frustrating because of the unresolved bugs. From memory, Shadowlands was a lot better in that respect. There are always some bugs, but I don't remember it being a gamebreaking or superlaggy experience. I remember earlier expansions where, at launch, players would be crowded in masses in the hope of being able to talk to someone or kill something and failing for ages, or the server would keep crashing.

It's true that a lot of bugs reported in Alpha/Beta aren't fixed by release, and classes can often be quite unbalanced, and that can be super-frustrating. There are times I have felt that all they wanted from Beta player testers was for them to find exploits but otherwise just rubber stamp the game. I'm sure that's not the case, but sometimes it feels that way. I expect the designers are overtaxed and just don't have enough time to fix all that stuff.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

I think shadowlands was great fun to level up in... Once. Then it's horrible, if they fix that this time i'll be happy. If not, it's another 1 character expansion for ya boy.

I'm honestly not expecting much I do think the start of the expansion will be fun, exploring all the new stuff and trying to find new pets and outfits, but I can't really put to much love into it until I see what we get.
The crafting revamp looks kinda cool, just hope we dont get another legendary crafting mess.
The covenants look fun, JUST HOPE WE DONT GET ANOTHER MANDATORY COVENANT MESS
They say everything bar gearing is going to be account wide. I'm holding them to that. I don't want to see WQ 500 ilvl on my main and only 300 on my alt, at max level because of some stupid time gate.

Im not expecting perfection, that's a fools game. But I'm not going to forget the mess that shadowlands was either.
I enjoyed WOD I enjoyed BFA I play casually these things weren't a huge loss for me. But Shadowlands fucked the story, and left a super sour taste in my mouth. That's going to be a MASSIVE blemish on wow for a long, long, long time. If they want to fix it. Find a way to retcon the entire event.

My only fear, is they turn SV back into ranged. I think that's the only thing that would stop me playing the next expansion.
You wana make me super happy, three things.
Alt friendly
Less mandatory currency grinds, and currencies in general. Or make them all account wide.
Fix pets.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Currency, reputation and trademats should all be account wide and accesable at all times

Mog limits should be totally removed and you should be able to gather all mogs on one character. Horde/allience only mog should be no more. Those sets should be avalible to all.

Talent trees should not be able to make bad choices but just different choices. I love how the aa system works in Everquest 1 and 2. I would love for Talent trees to be like that

Chromie timeline should work on all lvls and include old removed dungeons/raids/items/questlinies

That's my dream but it will never happen. I play wow to be with hubby. If I want content , a good story and a game which feels like home i play ff14 or Everquest 1 and 2

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Way I see it. Toss the whole Trade mats bank limit. Just dump mats in the bank and it's account wide. Save you doing the alt shuffle to find out which one of your alt has the random chunk of oldgodeyegunk.
That's an easy thing to do.

Now reputations etc. I say an easy way to make that work in modern wow without completely revamping the entire system. Is the exalted achievement is now account wide, and when you get that. Every vendor has a neutral item for 10g or something that automatically sets you to exalted. If you want to speed up the process even more you could have an Heirloom that automatically sets faction chunks to exalted if you unlocked them all. But that would be. Way more hassle than the simple 10g item one.

I agree in a sense for mogs. But not 100% I think they should life weapon mog restrictions, 2h can now become 2-1h or a single 1h Or even a 1h and shield if you like. But I would say, this is disabled in pvp. So when you go into pvp it turns them back to normal if you have them set that way.
Just because you don't want to get confused in pvp when a blood elf in full ali plate. Having some class recognisability in pvp i still think is necessary.

Chromie time should go to max, as long as you have at least 1 max level character.

Unfortunately for talent trees I think that's impossible. Even if I don't be a doomer. there will always be a top% dps skill.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Way to get around the pvp is to show ppls class instead of their names. Ff14 does that ik their pvp. It's sooo much better!!! And I agree with weapons. 2h for 2hand, ranged for ranged, etc.

Guildbank would work with mats!

I agree there always will be a bis for talent trees. There is ik Everquest 2 as well but there are no bad choices and bis versus another build is nothing so important unless your a top tier raider and the choices are more fuk. It might look comfusing but imagine a talent tree which looked liked this for a hunter

https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Beastlord_AAs

You switch between the different aa tabs at the 5op. Granted not same class so some skills here make no sense but I like the depts of it

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Fun fact; in Dragonflight, there is a new stat called Luck. This stat, as I'm sure those who've been keeping up will already know, is a stat specific to item crafting that increases the chance for the player to craft higher quality items. Did you know we already had the luck stat in the game since Legion? If not, I don't blame you; it's a monk exclusive item called "Smelly's Luckydo", obtained through the quest to obtain their class mount Ban-Lu. There is absolutely no guarantee that it will actually affect the crafting stat in Dragonflight, but the fact remains that it is NOT bound to the monk. So, unless otherwise stated, it may be a good idea to invest in a monk to get the luckydo for when we can test this out. I didn't get alpha access, but I don't think we can copy characters to that anyway. Worst case scenario, you now have the Monk's class mount that talks way too much. Best case scenario, you have +5 luck as a passive bonus in your inventory.

You're also not limited to having one per character. If you're a nutjub, you can make multiple monks and get these every time, as you can do the quest infinitely as long as you have monks that haven't finished yet. Keep in mind that they don't do anything right now, as luck isn't something that helps with drops. It's purely flavor text on live.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

After playing alpha, and trying dracthyr evoker, I’ve gotta say it is the most fun class I’ve ever tried, besides hunter, even though dracthyr don’t look bold and scary, it’s fun to play a mobile mid ranged class, and as for hunter, I might consider maining BM again because of call of the wild, but if the class is not fun and clunky, I can switch back to survival which is in a sort of weak state in the alpha, I hope dracthyr can play other classes soon enough and get more stronger heads, and a head that resembles the drakes from classic. I also want a number 10 option for body