Next Expansion Leak

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Next Expansion Leak

Unread post by Wain »

So, it appears there's been a legitimate leak of the name of the next expansion: Dragonflight. Or, perhaps 'Dragonflight' will be part of the name, and is what they intend to abbreviate the full name to.

The name was noticed buried in the HTML source for some of Blizzard's web pages (source), and also (according to Martin Benjamins): "joey10 from Wowhead comments posted that an SSL certificate for http://dragonflight.blizzard.com was generated on the 29th of March."

A dragon-themed expansion has been the subject of speculation for months now, so it may not be that surprising to see this.

I assume it wasn't a set-up for an April Fool's joke that nobody noticed until now, as the timing is a bit off for that, but anything is possible.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Re: Next Expansion Leak

Unread post by Talihawk »

I would love a dragon themed expansion!
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

This brings credit to some of the other supposed leaked expansions. I suppose we don't exactly have to wait long for the anouncement.

All I can say is. LEMME TAME DEM DRAGONS!

I have incredibly low expectations after shadowlands, they can't go much lower than they currently are. But if they show they are willing to learn from there mistakes and actually show some improvement then I'm on board.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I am very doubtful that they will allow tameable dragons. Perhaps something that is similar to them, yes, like Cloud Serpents, but I can't see them ever making dragons tameable.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Dragons in wows logic are sentient beings, otherwise in other franchises, they can be faithful companions, it didn’t make sense for me until I learned about galakrond and the dragonflights
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Valnaaros wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:29 am I am very doubtful that they will allow tameable dragons. Perhaps something that is similar to them, yes, like Cloud Serpents, but I can't see them ever making dragons tameable.
As I said on the forums a while back, I wouldn't mind seeing tameable dragons done in a unique way.

We go through a questline to learn to befriend dragons and become partners. And when we "tame" dragons, the spell becomes something like "Offer Partnership" or such.

That way they aren't pets, they're partners. Just pets for game mechanic reasons, no different than holy forsaken/void elf/mag'har priests existing only for gameplay reasons.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

I would love to have a dragon like this
Fireclaw
(-insert player’s name- Partner)

I’d love to have a protodrake on my side
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

When is the "big" reveal?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Maria wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:41 pm When is the "big" reveal?
Tuesday.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Thank u :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Baihu
Realm: Barthilas; Ner'zul

Unread post by Baihu »

Maizou wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:01 pm
Valnaaros wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:29 am I am very doubtful that they will allow tameable dragons. Perhaps something that is similar to them, yes, like Cloud Serpents, but I can't see them ever making dragons tameable.
As I said on the forums a while back, I wouldn't mind seeing tameable dragons done in a unique way.

We go through a questline to learn to befriend dragons and become partners. And when we "tame" dragons, the spell becomes something like "Offer Partnership" or such.

That way they aren't pets, they're partners. Just pets for game mechanic reasons, no different than holy forsaken/void elf/mag'har priests existing only for gameplay reasons.
I mean we tame the dragon-crossed Drakeadon experiments like Chromaggus as a 'Core Hound' despite it having the blood of the five dragonflights in it, and one of the leaks suggest Chromatus as the 'big bad'. It's entirely possible that 'dragon-crossed' Beasts like Drakeadon could be the main theme of the enemies, in which case we can either get 'dragon-skinned' versions of existing Beasts for cosmetic options, or even a whole different pet family like 'Dragonkin' or something.