Beta 10.0 Beast Thread

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Beta 10.0 Beast Thread

Unread post by Wain »

ace_of_hearth wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:25 am
WerebearGuy wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:36 am I've got several copies sitting at various critters, just checking every patch now. Anything could happen...except my plant hydra dream. That's cut off at the roots most likely.
One day, when the Botani race becomes a playable allied race, your dreams will come true.
Hopefully! I already have them in the untameable models section of the database :)

Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've now filled out the Lesser Dragonkin page with a few more models and looks:

https://www.wow-petopia.com/family.php? ... rdragonkin

These include four veilwings:

Three feywings:

Most of the NPCs that use this model are currently friendly, so who knows if they'll be tameable?

One harnessed feywing that changes colours (at least, before taming):

There's a rare that uses this model that would be simple to add as a tame.

And three fey darters:

The only orange fey darters I know of are friendly, but the other two should be easy to make tameable using existing NPCs.

The model is currently bugged: you'll notice that all three looks, including the spectral one, display the wings from the blue appearance instead of their intended ones. Hopefully that will be fixed. It looks especially wrong on the one that is meant to be spectral. The spectral one was probably also intended to have some kind of spectral effects, or at the very least some transparency, but it seems it was never added.
chrth

Unread post by chrth »

Valnaaros wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:27 am The taming pass hasn't yet been completed for Lesser Dragonkin. Besides that, the rep reward that grants the ability to tame them hasn't yet been implemented.
I wouldn't expect it to be a Lesser Dragonkin, tbh. I did get a character over on the Beta to check it out and it's still "Can not be tamed".
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by ace_of_hearth »

Wain wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:27 am I've now filled out the Lesser Dragonkin page with a few more models and looks:

https://www.wow-petopia.com/family.php? ... rdragonkin

These include four veilwings:

Three feywings:

Most of the NPCs that use this model are currently friendly, so who knows if they'll be tameable?

And three fey darters:

The only orange fey darters I know of are friendly, but the other two should be easy to make tameable using existing NPCs.

The model is currently bugged: you'll notice that all three looks, including the spectral one, display the wings from the blue appearance instead of their intended ones. Hopefully that will be fixed. It looks especially wrong on the one that is meant to be spectral. The spectral one was probably also intended to have some kind of spectral effects, or at the very least some transparency, but it seems it was never added.
Wain, maybe you can include the saddled model for tamable Enchanted Fae Dragon because Faebright is saddled?

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=82207/faebright
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I forgot the saddled ones! Thanks, I'll add them.
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

Have we had a skill family that needs two tombs? For example you can tame cloud serpents after that tome, but will you now need lesser dragonkin taming as well?
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

PorrasouxRex wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:47 am Have we had a skill family that needs two tombs? For example you can tame cloud serpents after that tome, but will you now need lesser dragonkin taming as well?
The requirement for cloud serpents won’t change, the taming tome is for the rest of the looks, we’ve had 2 exotic and skill pets and those are undead devilsaurs and elegon
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

But fingers crossed for storm and stone drakes, I wonder if they'd consider chromatic drakes, they're like chromaggus and chimaeron being experiments, maybe us taming would end their suffering.
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Am I the only person who wants chrommaggus/drakeadon to end up in lesser dragonkin, it makes sense, but chimaeron maybe, but for chromatic drakes and soul eaterz! We can have hope for those
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Neither of them are considered chromatic drakes. It is speculated that stone dragons are the ancestors of all dragons, and the original idea for storm dragons is that they were a new dragonflight (though this idea hasn't been touched on at all since they have been added). I don't think that they'll be added since Lesser Dragonkin are things that are some what draconic in nature and not being full-fledged dragons.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

worgpower wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:20 am Am I the only person who wants chrommaggus/drakeadon to end up in lesser dragonkin, it makes sense, but chimaeron maybe, but for chromatic drakes and soul eaterz! We can have hope for those
I think that it is possible for Drakeadons and maybe Chimaeron to be added. I don't think that they will add the Chromatic dragonflight.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

If chromaggus ends up joining the family, I’ll tell everyone to tame him as soon as possible before DF, but I’m still waiting for vorquins to be confirmed as well
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Added:

Hopefully the rare that uses this look becomes tameable! It'll also be interesting to see if it continues to colour-cycle once it's tamed. It might stick in whichever colour it is when you tame it.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I hope there will be attackable unarmored ones, I prefer creatures without saddles, but in this case, our first color changing pet will be sick
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I spent way too long doing this, and I probably missed something, but I browsed through a very, very, VERY large amount of wowhead pages and wikis to try and get into the minds of whoever is behind the dragon pets. With what we know so far, and other than what Wain has already posted on the Lesser Dragonkin page, it's safe to say that these have the highest possibility of being tameable;
- Proto-Drakes, as most are wild animals that run on pure instinct
- Vorquin, which are obviously quite desired
- Kirin, which were replaced by owlsteeds in Shadowlands. BRING THEM BACK!
- Stone Drakes, as they are just as draconic as veilwings
- Storm Dragons (Cata), for the same reason as above
- Storm Drakes (Legion), as they're basically feral animals, but there are quite a few that can speak and have sapience.

These are definitely possible, though aren't exactly dragons or draconic in any way other than similar morphology;
- Wilderlings, as they're BASICALLY just cloud serpents that attend furry conventions
- Soul Eaters, both winged and wingless

These are almost guaranteed to never be tameable, and are significantly more unlikely than anything above;
- Any whelps from the major flights
- Infinite flight, as they're bronze dragons that have incorrect opinions
- Nightmare flight, as they're green dragons that don't have their blankey or teddy bears
- Chromatic flight, as the only living examples are Chromaggus and Chromitus from island expeditions
- Twilight flight, as they're test tube babies (rude, I know, but true) recovering under the wing of Wrathion.
- Void flight, as they're also being rehabilitated by Wrathion. I don't think any exist in the wild outside of scenarios we've all done already though.
- Dragonmen, like the crazy alchemists who served Nefarian.
- Drakonids, as they're people with a culture.
- Wyrmkin, as they're just centaur drakonids.
- Saurok, as they're...people? Close enough?
- Tarasek, as they're basically Dragonflight's Saurok.

Lore-wise, these ARE dragonkin, but making them require the book/tome/item to tame would be a pretty cruel move;
- Dragonhawk, which makes some sense I guess
- Drakeadons, which I was surprised to find that the concept of them being mutant core hounds is pure speculation and not a fact
-Proto-Nether Drake, which is an unused Outland basilisk skin that's labeled as dragonkin

- Would be classified as undead, but are absolutely unlikely since every example comes from a mature dragon;
- Every skeletal dragon in the game

- 0.000000000001% chance of being considered;
- Any adult dragon from the major flights
- Any drake from the major flights
- Aberration, basically frankenstein drakonids.

My guess? We'll likely only have cloud serpents, hornswogs, veilwings, fey darters, possibly fey drakes, vorquin, and possibly wilderlings and/or proto-drakes. I can't really see any of the other dragonkin creatures being tameable, and I really don't see them putting soul eaters in the lesser dragonkin family since they aren't even dragons. Those should be spirit beasts since they don't fit into any category at all.
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by ace_of_hearth »

WerebearGuy wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:28 pm I spent way too long doing this, and I probably missed something, but I browsed through a very, very, VERY large amount of wowhead pages and wikis to try and get into the minds of whoever is behind the dragon pets. With what we know so far, and other than what Wain has already posted on the Lesser Dragonkin page, it's safe to say that these have the highest possibility of being tameable;
- Proto-Drakes, as most are wild animals that run on pure instinct
- Vorquin, which are obviously quite desired
- Kirin, which were replaced by owlsteeds in Shadowlands. BRING THEM BACK!
- Stone Drakes, as they are just as draconic as veilwings
- Storm Dragons (Cata), for the same reason as above
- Storm Drakes (Legion), as they're basically feral animals, but there are quite a few that can speak and have sapience.

These are definitely possible, though aren't exactly dragons or draconic in any way other than similar morphology;
- Wilderlings, as they're BASICALLY just cloud serpents that attend furry conventions
- Soul Eaters, both winged and wingless

These are almost guaranteed to never be tameable, and are significantly more unlikely than anything above;
- Any whelps from the major flights
- Infinite flight, as they're bronze dragons that have incorrect opinions
- Nightmare flight, as they're green dragons that don't have their blankey or teddy bears
- Chromatic flight, as the only living examples are Chromaggus and Chromitus from island expeditions
- Twilight flight, as they're test tube babies (rude, I know, but true) recovering under the wing of Wrathion.
- Void flight, as they're also being rehabilitated by Wrathion. I don't think any exist in the wild outside of scenarios we've all done already though.
- Dragonmen, like the crazy alchemists who served Nefarian.
- Drakonids, as they're people with a culture.
- Wyrmkin, as they're just centaur drakonids.
- Saurok, as they're...people? Close enough?
- Tarasek, as they're basically Dragonflight's Saurok.

Lore-wise, these ARE dragonkin, but making them require the book/tome/item to tame would be a pretty cruel move;
- Dragonhawk, which makes some sense I guess
- Drakeadons, which I was surprised to find that the concept of them being mutant core hounds is pure speculation and not a fact
-Proto-Nether Drake, which is an unused Outland basilisk skin that's labeled as dragonkin

- Would be classified as undead, but are absolutely unlikely since every example comes from a mature dragon;
- Every skeletal dragon in the game

- 0.000000000001% chance of being considered;
- Any adult dragon from the major flights
- Any drake from the major flights
- Aberration, basically frankenstein drakonids.

My guess? We'll likely only have cloud serpents, hornswogs, veilwings, fey darters, possibly fey drakes, vorquin, and possibly wilderlings and/or proto-drakes. I can't really see any of the other dragonkin creatures being tameable, and I really don't see them putting soul eaters in the lesser dragonkin family since they aren't even dragons. Those should be spirit beasts since they don't fit into any category at all.
are netherdrakes == twilight flight?
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I don’t see any “ drakes” becoming tameable except for the fey dragons and veilwings, since they are sentient, storm drakes are being forced into bidding by the vrykul, as for chromaggus, since he is a sort of chromatic abomination, he is just as abominable as gluth
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

For me I think if we would have any dragons similar to any major flight at all it would be chromatic/twilight flight. These are dragons that have been twisted and corrupted, some might be chimeras in the form of dragons, really. Perhaps it would be rude to call them "lesser dragonkin" but they are dragons that are too far gone.

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Lesser dragonkin are dragons that are less powerful and intelligent than regular dragons and drakes for good example, creatures like drakeadons, veilwings, fey dragons(some are sentient), and hornswogs are dragons, but they’re not as evolved and adaptive as dragons, chromatic drakes are basically undead, but different so they’re not any less than a average dragon
Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo/Eitrigg

Unread post by Bambu »

Horrifying thought: Time-lost Proto Drake becomes a tameable unique skin