Dragonflight General Pet & Beast Discussion

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Re: Beta 10.0 Beast Thread

Unread post by Talihawk »

Well if any one wants to have a bear spawning party, please let me know :D
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Count me in
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Valariel wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:28 am
bluetonberry wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:55 am

Can you clarify if you did anything special? I've tried party syncing twice (once with someone at 64 WM OFF and then level 66 WM ON) and both times the rare was two levels above me and I couldn't tame. I have seen a couple of comments of people doing it no problem though so I'm not sure if there is something specific to do.
Did you summon Slurpo or did your party member summon him?

And i tamed him this way - questing till 99% before i level up. Summon him with lvl 63 , feign death, running out of the cave, kill one of the butterflies, ding lvl 64, running back and taming him.
My party member was in the zone but no where near me. He was party leader, I initiated party sync.

I summoned Slurpo *after* I party synced to 65.
Cassady
Realm: Sargeras

Unread post by Cassady »

I looked at the Slurpo comment section in wowhead and it looks like a lot of people are having trouble with party sync. Guessing they hotfixed the scaling issues.. I liked Valariel's method of summoning, dinging, and going back to tame that was very clever
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I just progressed my skinning to have the bait spec, where’s the best area for the bears, mark me a location
bluetonberry

Unread post by bluetonberry »

So for Slurpo, can you party sync with a level 65, summon Slurpo which is summoned as level 67, leave the party and join a party with a 67 to party sync to 67 and tame?

I would try, but it's tough finding two separate people two levels apart in the same zone/phase.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

worgpower wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:04 pm I just progressed my skinning to have the bait spec, where’s the best area for the bears, mark me a location
It isn't just the Bait Spec. You have to invest 10 points into Bait and then 20 points into the branch of Mastery. If you don't, then you'll never get the bear to spawn.
moxo

Unread post by moxo »

Valariel wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:28 am
bluetonberry wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:55 am

Can you clarify if you did anything special? I've tried party syncing twice (once with someone at 64 WM OFF and then level 66 WM ON) and both times the rare was two levels above me and I couldn't tame. I have seen a couple of comments of people doing it no problem though so I'm not sure if there is something specific to do.
Did you summon Slurpo or did your party member summon him?

And i tamed him this way - questing till 99% before i level up. Summon him with lvl 63 , feign death, running out of the cave, kill one of the butterflies, ding lvl 64, running back and taming him.
Just tried this method I was 66, spawned slurpo, FD and mined a node right next to it and level to 67 but Slurpo was a level already higher 68.

So I dont't think this method works anymore.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Valnaaros wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:10 am
worgpower wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:04 pm I just progressed my skinning to have the bait spec, where’s the best area for the bears, mark me a location
It isn't just the Bait Spec. You have to invest 10 points into Bait and then 20 points into the branch of Mastery. If you don't, then you'll never get the bear to spawn.
I’ve invested 10 points on bait, and I’m level 14 on mastery, so yeah I’ll get there soon, and btw did you use regular bait or frost infused bait?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

worgpower wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:34 am
I’ve invested 10 points on bait, and I’m level 14 on mastery, so yeah I’ll get there soon, and btw did you use regular bait or frost infused bait?
Regular bait :)
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Valnaaros wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:54 am
worgpower wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:34 am

Regular bait :)
Yessssss, I bought hundreds of maybe meat to keep up supply
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Did they make Slurpo untameable, or is it just random people that can't seem to get Level Sync or low level to work?

EDIT: Someone on wowhead said killing Slurpo and summoning him again in the same day made him spawn non-elite to them?
Last edited by Maizou on Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Valnaaros wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:31 am Image

After a very long time of farming, I was finally able to locate and tame the green and purple ice bears. They can only be summoned by Skinners that have invested 10 points into Bait and 20 points into Mastery. The bait used to summon them has a 12 hour CD, but it can be reduced by skinning and made ready in about 10-15 minutes. The bait has to be used in specific places for a chance to summon the bears. I used my bait in Azure Span at the main ice bear den. There is no guarantee that you will summon the bears, since the bait can summon most other beast npcs in the zone, and even if you do summon the bear, it could be any of the color variants that the ice bear can be.
Ugh, I want the purple one so bad, but I won't drop mining/engineering for it. :(
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Maizou wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:07 am Did they make Slurpo untameable, or is it just random people that can't seem to get Level Sync or low level to work?

EDIT: Someone on wowhead said killing Slurpo and summoning him again in the same day made him spawn non-elite to them?
Level sync is HIGHLY unreliable. I tried with my friend when he was at different levels on his alt, and no mixture of operations allowed Slurpo to spawn in a tameable level range for me on my hunter. We tried at most levels;
- Together in same zone, either of us initiating level sync, either of us summoning Slurpo
- In different zones, either of us initiating level sync, either of us summoning Slurpo
- He summons Slurpo before inviting me, either of us initiate level sync
- He summons just after hitting level 70, invites me

If level sync does work, we've not found the correct, 100% consistent method. I really, REALLY wish we'd find the consistent method sooner than later. As for your edit, that's false info. My friend and I never saw it without the elite status, and we killed it multiple times in the same day. Elites don't just lose their elite status after one kill, sadly.
Cassady
Realm: Sargeras

Unread post by Cassady »

A few hours ago I tried taming The Weeping Vilomah a Rare Elite in Thaldrazzus for the second time since my first time failed. First attempt it spawned as a Level 70 elite and I got the message "creature too high level to tame".

I tried a second time after reading Maizou's post about the wowhead comment saying a poster's second summon of Slurpo was tamable. Wanted to test the second summon on Vilomah because on its page it says you can just summon it again by talking to the goblin even after you kill it.

I came back at Level 69 and it spawned as a level 71 elite but I was able to tame it anyways without having to ding or do anything. It does not keep its name and looks like a normal orange and black roc.

After that I tried testing the 2nd summoning on Slurpo. Summoned at Level 69 and it spawned as 71 elite but Slurpo couldn't be tamed. Got the "creature too high level to tame" message. I got another crystal and tried summoning again but did not get the pop up button to throw the crystal in. It has some sort of cooldown.

I logged out at the cave but logged back in to check if I could throw it before server restart and I got the button to pop up. Threw it in but Slurpo came out as 71 elite again and got the error message again so I just killed him <_<;

No idea what's up with the scaling or what makes the difference

Edit: Should also mention that the Vilomah attempts were days apart unlike my attemps at Slurpo which were hours apart.

2nd Edit: Just noticed that Vilomah isn't classified as an elite in its page but i am pretty sure it had a gold dragon when I saw it..

Final Edit??: Nevermind yall I was mistaken and its just a normal rare mob so its tamable.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

WoWScrnShot_120622_181732.jpg
WoWScrnShot_120622_181732.jpg (38.24 KiB) Viewed 3191 times
Guess whos the second hunter to have purple bear *still shivering from excitement*
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Went out of my way to spawn Lepidoralia the Resplendent, and found out it does not keep its name on taming. Seriously, flip the switch Blizzard! I wasted like 10 minutes here lol. On a more pleasant note though, I've found that taming rares causes them to respawn shortly after being tamed. Lepidoralia respawned within a minute after being tamed, so I assume a similar nice effect is present with other tameable rares?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Well done! :)

There's currently a bug with Lepidoralia where sometimes she simply doesn't appear, despite the summoning shout being given. It must be infuriating to someone who wasted all that time for nothing. Just mentioning this in case someone finds out the hard way.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Has anyone had Level Sync work in the past couple days? Is it possible they hotfixed it so it just outright doesn't work anymore?
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Playing around in BM, and I noticed that Bloodgullet is HUGE. Like, bigger than a clefthoof (such as Nakk the Thunderer) and other armoredons (such as Gorger). Here's a comparison with Gorger. If you hadn't already noticed, armoredons are pretty big in general, so Bloodgullet is possibly the most massive pet in terms of overall space.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_120722_143847.jpg
WoWScrnShot_120722_143847.jpg (362.16 KiB) Viewed 3052 times