Unread post by Valnaaros »

Located a tameable version of the white primal bear
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Beta 10.0 Beast Thread

Unread post by Vephriel »

I know these were already posted but oh my god I'm so in love with this new tarantula skin, I've been waiting for them to do new colours for years and this one is beautiful! :hug:
Attachments
Image3.png
Image3.png (1.08 MiB) Viewed 2272 times
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

All of the primal bears and the beetles are accounted for.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Found another tameable peacock variant :)
Edit: it makes sounds when clicked.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Regarding the peacocks, I wish we got a female model too. They may be ugly compared to their FABULOUS male counterparts, but it'd be nice to have a couple fighting together, similar to how we can have a lion and lioness or a stag and doe. Regardless, I'm glad to see a tameable green/blue peacock. I didn't see them when I was slamming my face into a wall with the dragonriding dragons. I blame my negligence on how ugly the newer ones are compared to the proto drake. They distracted me with their ugly!
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

WerebearGuy wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:58 pm Regarding the peacocks, I wish we got a female model too. They may be ugly compared to their FABULOUS male counterparts, but it'd be nice to have a couple fighting together, similar to how we can have a lion and lioness or a stag and doe. Regardless, I'm glad to see a tameable green/blue peacock. I didn't see them when I was slamming my face into a wall with the dragonriding dragons. I blame my negligence on how ugly the newer ones are compared to the proto drake. They distracted me with their ugly!
I was hoping for a head on the highland drakes similar to to the old drakes and dragons, the new head is not amazing, the toothed mouth makes it better, but not enough, as for pets, thaldrazsus is fairly lacking compared to waking shores and azure span(I hope we can go there at some point), but I still love the creatures and the zone itself
Boven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

I love that new turtle model. It looks like a snapping turtle.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Thaldrazsus is a pretty rough zone. I am definitely not a fan. It reminds me of everything bad from Spires of Arak and Stonetalon Mountains with no redeeming qualities. The selection of new beasts is sadly lacking, and there's an overabundance of reused models such as the Draenor raptors and some of the more common hyena skins. I hung around the Gnoll area, seeing if any hyenas would have one of the unused skins, but alas, none did. There's a lot of hornswogs and vorquin, but once again, they've mistakenly been labeled as dragonkin. Guess we can't be spoiled in every zone.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

WerebearGuy wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:25 am Thaldrazsus is a pretty rough zone. I am definitely not a fan. It reminds me of everything bad from Spires of Arak and Stonetalon Mountains with no redeeming qualities. The selection of new beasts is sadly lacking, and there's an overabundance of reused models such as the Draenor raptors and some of the more common hyena skins. I hung around the Gnoll area, seeing if any hyenas would have one of the unused skins, but alas, none did. There's a lot of hornswogs and vorquin, but once again, they've mistakenly been labeled as dragonkin. Guess we can't be spoiled in every zone.
I don’t think that the zone is complete yet. There are several areas where there are absolutely no npcs at all, so hopefully we’ll get some more things as time goes on.

We have all of the Hyena variants available. I don’t think that there are any that aren’t used.

The raptors and such make sense due to the story that is going on in that area.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Oh, for some reason I thought the white spotted hyena was still unused. Guess I missed when that got found. As for the raptors and such, I know it makes sense, but it's still a little saddening that there's not even a new color variant. At least the "Ohuna" birds exist over there, as well as some ducks.

EDIT: I put on a bow from the Chromie quests, and now my character is permanently disarmed. Can't change weapons, can't unequip the bow in general, and as a result, I can't fight unless I use pet abilities. Beware the "Rapid Fire" bow reward if you haven't gotten to it yet.
Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Zoruaronan »

Dumb question but can someone check the mystic rainbowhorn? I wanna see if he keeps his looks hopefully :>
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Checking now, though I have never found the horn to summon it. I'm using a guide from wowhead and a video to find locations, so I'll edit my post when/if I do find the horn and check the tame.

EDIT 1: I went through all spawn locations, but did not find the horn to summon Mystic Rainbowhorn. Definitely gonna need help finding it.
EDIT 2: Booted up live with a list of coordinates active, doing a second sweep. New computer can handle two instances of WoW on Ultra settings, feels good. Sadly only one monitor, so I gotta alt tab a lot.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I’ve already checked on it. I thought that I posted about it on here, but it might’ve been on Twitter that I did.

It is not tameable. It was originally flagged as such, but at some point it was, most likely, intentionally made untameable.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Ah, well that's a good hour or so of wasted time lol. That's a real shame though. Here's hoping that it's simply an error that it's untameable, and not intentional.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

😣

HornswogMeme.jpg
HornswogMeme.jpg (169.76 KiB) Viewed 1977 times
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I admit I wasn't happy with the thunder lizard update in BfA. It was nice as an independent new model, but the colouring was so drab compared to the originals that it should never have been used to replace them.

But put it beside the Dragonflight model and you can see how much higher quality it was.

Surely there can't be any doubt that the DF model is inferior in both texture and polygon quality. Why waste so much production time on a new model of something when it's objectively lower quality than the older one?

So strange 🤔

thunderlizard2sea.jpg
thunderlizard2sea.jpg (110.06 KiB) Viewed 1962 times
thunderlizardprimal_blue-horn2-plates2-tail2.jpg
thunderlizardprimal_blue-horn2-plates2-tail2.jpg (118.55 KiB) Viewed 1962 times
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I like them both, I never liked the feet on the bfa thunder lizard, they were so fat and stubby, I prefer the new one except for the neck, I like the new animations more than the old ones, if they update the old models as well, I’ll stick with the old one, because I’ve never been a fan of walk-running animations
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

I like the spiky nature of the new ones, but it's a clear downgrade in terms of art quality. It's a continuing trend in almost everything, not just WoW: taking the soul out of something and going for the most simplified design possible. Sticking to WoW however, let's look at some of the other up-downgrades;

- Dragons. Once, the textures implied they had rough scales and osteoderms like a reptile similar to crocodiles. Now, they're smooth and have a faint "we're still scaly, guys" texture. Also excessive hair for whatever reason.
- Gnolls. Once, they were hunchbacked and rabid monsters, ready to rip out your entrails while laughing. Now, they're soft and fluffy quirky hyena men that emulate a fursona version of those hyenas from Lion King.
- Draconids. While I do like that they got updated, they still suffer the many problems of simplification. Smooth skin, zero intimidation, and WHY DID WE GET DRACTHYR WHEN WE COULD HAVE HAD THOSE AWESOME DRACONIDS?
- Tauren. Remember when they looked like monsters? Now they look like Disney princesses, having lost their intimidating presence to look like silly costume mascots.
- Worgen. Remember when female Worgen had a snarl and monstrous face like the males? Now it's bedroom eyes and clear pandering to the creepy furry audience.
- Hyenas. Once, they looked like snarling beasts ready to rip and tear. Now, they're just soft and fluffy dogs with mohawks.

Oversimplification of designs has sucked the soul right out of the designs. The DF thunder lizards at least tried to hide that with the texture implying different elevations of skin and scale, but because it's painted on without actually having any depth through elevated model bits or even a light parallax texture to help create the illusion of depth, it just looks flat and lifeless. There are corners being cut, and it's a bit disheartening. They look fine at a distance, but zooming in, you will see the laziness. I remember playing Pandaria, and seeing how they used parallax textures in subtle ways to give sheen and depth to things that were painted on the floor textures. I remember seeing the same thing applied to the floors in Zuldazar, in front of the tomb dungeon. While not every model is receiving this blasphemous lack of quality, as many new models do in fact have really good models and textures (lava snails, rockfangs, bakars, and armoredons, for some examples), it's still depressing to see them cut so many corners. Then again, they're releasing this expansion at the end of the year, and we've only just gotten the alpha. No matter how you try to cut the cheese, the expansion is being rushed out, and the signs are obvious here and there.

I hope that the models with lacking quality get finished/touched up before or shortly after the expansion releases, but I'm not going to hold my breath on that.

@worgpower; It may not be obvious, since nobody really points it out, but the DF thunder lizards have a gallop when they run rather than just walking faster. Take a look;
https://www.wowhead.com/beta/npc=176207 ... odelviewer

Also worth note regarding the updated non-DF thunder lizards; look at their legs on both sides when selecting the run animation. I'm about to ruin your entire day with this one.
https://www.wowhead.com/beta/npc=5833/m ... odelviewer
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

WerebearGuy wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:55 am I like the spiky nature of the new ones, but it's a clear downgrade in terms of art quality. It's a continuing trend in almost everything, not just WoW: taking the soul out of something and going for the most simplified design possible. Sticking to WoW however, let's look at some of the other up-downgrades;

- Dragons. Once, the textures implied they had rough scales and osteoderms like a reptile similar to crocodiles. Now, they're smooth and have a faint "we're still scaly, guys" texture. Also excessive hair for whatever reason.
- Gnolls. Once, they were hunchbacked and rabid monsters, ready to rip out your entrails while laughing. Now, they're soft and fluffy quirky hyena men that emulate a fursona version of those hyenas from Lion King.
- Draconids. While I do like that they got updated, they still suffer the many problems of simplification. Smooth skin, zero intimidation, and WHY DID WE GET DRACTHYR WHEN WE COULD HAVE HAD THOSE AWESOME DRACONIDS?
- Tauren. Remember when they looked like monsters? Now they look like Disney princesses, having lost their intimidating presence to look like silly costume mascots.
- Worgen. Remember when female Worgen had a snarl and monstrous face like the males? Now it's bedroom eyes and clear pandering to the creepy furry audience.
- Hyenas. Once, they looked like snarling beasts ready to rip and tear. Now, they're just soft and fluffy dogs with mohawks.

Oversimplification of designs has sucked the soul right out of the designs. The DF thunder lizards at least tried to hide that with the texture implying different elevations of skin and scale, but because it's painted on without actually having any depth through elevated model bits or even a light parallax texture to help create the illusion of depth, it just looks flat and lifeless. There are corners being cut, and it's a bit disheartening. They look fine at a distance, but zooming in, you will see the laziness. I remember playing Pandaria, and seeing how they used parallax textures in subtle ways to give sheen and depth to things that were painted on the floor textures. I remember seeing the same thing applied to the floors in Zuldazar, in front of the tomb dungeon. While not every model is receiving this blasphemous lack of quality, as many new models do in fact have really good models and textures (lava snails, rockfangs, bakars, and armoredons, for some examples), it's still depressing to see them cut so many corners. Then again, they're releasing this expansion at the end of the year, and we've only just gotten the alpha. No matter how you try to cut the cheese, the expansion is being rushed out, and the signs are obvious here and there.

I hope that the models with lacking quality get finished/touched up before or shortly after the expansion releases, but I'm not going to hold my breath on that.

@worgpower; It may not be obvious, since nobody really points it out, but the DF thunder lizards have a gallop when they run rather than just walking faster. Take a look;
https://www.wowhead.com/beta/npc=176207 ... odelviewer

Also worth note regarding the updated non-DF thunder lizards; look at their legs on both sides when selecting the run animation. I'm about to ruin your entire day with this one.
https://www.wowhead.com/beta/npc=5833/m ... odelviewer
The model viewer is a bit laggy, I knew about the running animations since I took a look at the creatures on wowhead, it’s a bit stiff, but I like it more than the old ones, it looks better on the rhino and armoredon than the thunder lizard
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

In regards to Tauren, I overall like the customization options given to them, but I don’t like how they are nowadays portrayed with NPCs. They used to be more tribal, but now they often are dressed and act as if they were raised in Stormwind.