Beta 10.0 Beast Thread

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Re: Beta 10.0 Beast Thread

Unread post by worgpower »

Bambu wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:08 am
worgpower wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:50 am It’s source better be a drop and not a rep grind, ehm, lesser dragonkin which is the new coolest family
So, you're saying you hope it's not an-otter rep grind? ;D
Yeah, level 23 renown for valdrakken seems a lot more than enough grinding, probably a little hidden questline or a rare drop would be great for the source, while the valdrakken renown level is reasonable for the type of creatures they are, otters are a more standard creature so an easier source is better
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Blizzard must hate the new thunder lizard model, the DF feature overview is on YouTube and in this clip of the evoker, they’re using the BFA thunder lizard rather than the DF one so they definitely know the model didn’t turn out too great
97964FF7-B843-45E2-AA85-AFF9C44353CF.jpeg
97964FF7-B843-45E2-AA85-AFF9C44353CF.jpeg (486.7 KiB) Viewed 3404 times
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

That's hilarious. Unfortunate, but hilarious still.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh, hah!

I know some people like the new model, but having worked with it, the design quality feels very dated, as if someone tried to up-res an old Warcraft game unit or something. And the skin textures have the same flat / cheap quality that some of the new drakes have. And for the most part I've really, really loved the model work for Dragonflight. This one just feels to me like it shouldn't have made the cut.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Sigh, still can't tame the gold, green or blue cloud serpents. :(
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I just logged on to prepatch, excited enough that cloud serpents family changed, but they have both bite and claw still, how funny
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

It's safe to say that Lesser Dragonkin are absolute DPS monsters. Though I haven't updated my addons, I did fight elites with all cooldowns available (using wowhead's raid single target build) with a clefthoof and a cloud serpent. The cloud serpent killed off its enemy significantly faster, almost 20~ seconds faster. I did multiple attempts while alternating between both pets, and no matter what, the cloud serpent was just able to kill faster than the clefthoof. Clefthoof is still a chad, but lesser dragonkin are chad 2.0. At least until they get balanced so that they only have bite or claw and not both.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

It’s odd how they ended up having both, I tamed cloud serpents on beta and they only had claw, but they’re especially powerful with Sv hunters and coordinated assault
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

worgpower wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:46 pm I just logged on to prepatch, excited enough that cloud serpents family changed, but they have both bite and claw still, how funny
A lot of bugs snuck through.

The Battle Pet EXP Stone Bug snuck through too. :/ Requires 3 extra stones to level to 25 unless you do an actual battle in between due to some overflow exp issues.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Lemlia Luna just PMed me to report that Exotics can now be tamed at level 10 again!

Somehow this completely slipped past me, but it looks like it was only done at the last minute!
ExoticBeasts-10!!.png
ExoticBeasts-10!!.png (595.41 KiB) Viewed 3254 times
ChimaeraTame10!.png
ChimaeraTame10!.png (1.15 MiB) Viewed 3254 times
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Hooray, even more things killing off the effort I put into Guardian of the Elders' taming :'). Joke aside, I'm happy that the level for exotic pets is back to where it rightfully belongs. Now if only account-wide stables was a thing so I can use my prestigious Guardian on my main hunter...
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

That is a great change!
Plasmaxyz

Unread post by Plasmaxyz »

worgpower wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:46 pm I just logged on to prepatch, excited enough that cloud serpents family changed, but they have both bite and claw still, how funny
Just tamed a new cloud serpent and it only has Claw so perhaps it has either been fixed, or you needed to have one from before?
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Plasmaxyz wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:48 pm
Just tamed a new cloud serpent and it only has Claw so perhaps it has either been fixed, or you needed to have one from before?
I tested that on beta, that’s the case, a new cloud serpent won’t have bite, but previously tamed ones from the serpent family is definitely why it still has bite, eventually it will be hotfixed
Plasmaxyz

Unread post by Plasmaxyz »

worgpower wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:01 pm
Plasmaxyz wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:48 pm
I tested that on beta, that’s the case, a new cloud serpent won’t have bite, but previously tamed ones from the serpent family is definitely why it still has bite, eventually it will be hotfixed
They may have hotfixed the brutal companion interaction then. I got in touch with someone in the hunter discord who has a serpent with both and only 1 procs on brutal companion.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

So with the MUCH appreciated change for exotic pets being at level 10 now, this means only one pet requires grinding to reach in a starting zone; the Tunneling Worm over on Kezan. Guardian of the Elders will be met around level 11 or 12, so there's no need to grind at all for that one, but Tunneling Worm still requires you to grind a bit since they disappear super early in the Goblin starting quests. I also looked into all the earliest available exotics, and the following are the only really "unique" ones (in that you won't find anything similar for a while);

Tunneling Worm - Goblin exclusive
Water Pincer - Neutral Pandaren exclusive
Guardian of the Elders - Neutral Pandaren exclusive
All three Spirit Beast porcupines

Not really a big list, but these six exotics are available at level 10, assuming you beeline right to them. I don't know if dungeon bosses are tameable at level 10, since I haven't leveled a new hunter since verifying Guardian of the Elders keeping his name, but I assume not since they're meant to be over your level.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

My character begging for his new companion as my favorite dragon is just waiting to become my friend, and btw i race changed
WoWScrnShot_102722_111148.jpg
WoWScrnShot_102722_111148.jpg (413.95 KiB) Viewed 3041 times
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:08 pm So with the MUCH appreciated change for exotic pets being at level 10 now, this means only one pet requires grinding to reach in a starting zone; the Tunneling Worm over on Kezan. Guardian of the Elders will be met around level 11 or 12, so there's no need to grind at all for that one, but Tunneling Worm still requires you to grind a bit since they disappear super early in the Goblin starting quests. I also looked into all the earliest available exotics, and the following are the only really "unique" ones (in that you won't find anything similar for a while);

Not really a big list, but these six exotics are available at level 10, assuming you beeline right to them. I don't know if dungeon bosses are tameable at level 10, since I haven't leveled a new hunter since verifying Guardian of the Elders keeping his name, but I assume not since they're meant to be over your level.
If you do the quest in Thaldraszus then you could just go back at max level and tame it if you don't want to bother grinding for it.
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by ace_of_hearth »

WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:08 pm So with the MUCH appreciated change for exotic pets being at level 10 now, this means only one pet requires grinding to reach in a starting zone; the Tunneling Worm over on Kezan. Guardian of the Elders will be met around level 11 or 12, so there's no need to grind at all for that one, but Tunneling Worm still requires you to grind a bit since they disappear super early in the Goblin starting quests. I also looked into all the earliest available exotics, and the following are the only really "unique" ones (in that you won't find anything similar for a while);

can we check if goblins can tame the pterodaxx in the isle they crashed into during the starting zone experience?
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

ace_of_hearth wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:02 am

can we check if goblins can tame the pterodaxx in the isle they crashed into during the starting zone experience?
Sorry to disappoint you, but those are untameable and according to wowhead, they’re not tameable