Beta 10.0 Beast Thread

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Re: Beta 10.0 Beast Thread

Unread post by worgpower »

Tsukina wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:32 am Duck race with racial turtle mount, next expansion.
Nah, we need Duckthyr customization options
11A23056-B0C0-461D-9272-3FFF4C82D2FB.jpeg
11A23056-B0C0-461D-9272-3FFF4C82D2FB.jpeg (158.23 KiB) Viewed 3138 times
this is made by fishbone06 which is a fantastic concept art maker on reddit, definitely check his work out, it’ll put a smile on your faces
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Wain wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:21 am I went and checked it out tonight. I estimate it appears in orange around 1 in 5 times - tested by targetting it and hitting F6 (the bug reporter) over and over. I was lucky and found it in orange the first time it spawned.

This really isn't too bad. You only have to run in, check for it at the entrance, run out and reset until it appears. You're not competing with anyone, so it's not a lot of effort for a one-off tame. Or two if you want a pair.

DeviateFaerieDragon-WC1.png

(I colour-adjusted this one to remove some of the zone atmospheric shading).
Did they increase the spawn rate?

Cause in all my time playing this game, I've only seen that rare up an astounding one time, and it was a few months ago. I was confused as hell as to what it was, and no one else in the group had ever seen it either.

And I have done WC a LOT.

Cause if they didn't increase the spawn rate, the 10 instance per hour cap is going to suck if it's not 100% Orange.
Wain wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:07 pm A tameable blue magma snail has been found, and it's not even a rare! Thanks to 'Chellios Coyote' on Twitter for reporting this one.
Too bad they're still exotic and thus useless for 66% of hunters. Lol.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Also, is there anything new for 10.0? Or is everything new in the expansion for the first time?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

It is all in the xpac. As of right now, there isn't going to be anything special in the pre-patch.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

It’s possible that it could be that way, but there’s still a few old creatures that need a tameable flag and have no reason not to be left out, like Skeleton horses and razorwings, grubs, older snails and slugs, old beavers, there’s still a good branch, the only tameable older creatures added in DF are the fey darters and veilwings, but they need the skill so they’re only obtainable once we get the skill
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

worgpower wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:11 am It’s possible that it could be that way, but there’s still a few old creatures that need a tameable flag and have no reason not to be left out, like Skeleton horses and razorwings, grubs, older snails and slugs, old beavers, there’s still a good branch, the only tameable older creatures added in DF are the fey darters and veilwings, but they need the skill so they’re only obtainable once we get the skill
The issue is that the pre-patch will be happening within the next couple of weeks. A taming pass certainly could still happen, but at this point it is becoming rather unlikely.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I’ve only noticed one thing that had potential to be a new tameable appearance during prepatch, and that’s a cloud serpent from Island Expeditions that is black with a red sheen. It’s not tameable in the live game, but Wowhead shows it has being flagged tameable in DF. BUT when I found it in person on the Beta, it wasn’t flagged tameable at all.

It made me think of the instance taming bug, but in those cases the NPCs were still flagged tameable, they just weren’t in practice (at least I think that’s how it worked?) So maybe Wowhead’s wrong, or maybe the tame flag wasn’t set right.

This is the NPC: https://www.wowhead.com/npc=138972/zian-ti-cloudbreaker. It can pop up during Mogu invasions of IE.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Le sigh. I really want my gold and green cloud serps :(
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Wain wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:37 am I’ve only noticed one thing that had potential to be a new tameable appearance during prepatch, and that’s a cloud serpent from Island Expeditions that is black with a red sheen. It’s not tameable in the live game, but Wowhead shows it has being flagged tameable in DF. BUT when I found it in person on the Beta, it wasn’t flagged tameable at all.

It made me think of the instance taming bug, but in those cases the NPCs were still flagged tameable, they just weren’t in practice (at least I think that’s how it worked?) So maybe Wowhead’s wrong, or maybe the tame flag wasn’t set right.

This is the NPC: https://www.wowhead.com/npc=138972/zian-ti-cloudbreaker. It can pop up during Mogu invasions of IE.
We’ll have to test it to see if it’ll be tameable, I am reinstalling beta due to bugs and stuff, but once I get it I can test to see if these cloud serpents are tameable
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

Maybe Blizzard will throw us a bone and make the old beavers tameable since we get tameable beavers in DF. Why can't we tame the lightning beavers? Lol.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

worgpower wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:06 pm
Wain wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:37 am I’ve only noticed one thing that had potential to be a new tameable appearance during prepatch, and that’s a cloud serpent from Island Expeditions that is black with a red sheen. It’s not tameable in the live game, but Wowhead shows it has being flagged tameable in DF. BUT when I found it in person on the Beta, it wasn’t flagged tameable at all.

We’ll have to test it to see if it’ll be tameable, I am reinstalling beta due to bugs and stuff, but once I get it I can test to see if these cloud serpents are tameable
They definitely aren't tameable on the Beta in normal solo mode, and Beast Lore also says they're not tameable. But Wowhead indicates they are. 🤷‍♂️
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I find it quite disappointing that there’s nothing new made tameable for prepatch, I hope the cloud serpent family changes during prepatch, hopefully there will be a last minute change, if there’s no changes or added pets in prepatch, it’ll be harder to be excited for prepatch
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

worgpower wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:18 pm I find it quite disappointing that there’s nothing new made tameable for prepatch, I hope the cloud serpent family changes during prepatch, hopefully there will be a last minute change, if there’s no changes or added pets in prepatch, it’ll be harder to be excited for prepatch
Like I said even just the Lightning Beavers would be something.

Though they'll also be Rodents so useless in PvE X_X
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

It genuinely makes me sad that about the pet families.
I mean they have to know, nobody likes it right? Feels like such an easy win for them.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Maizou »

DannyGreen wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:47 am It genuinely makes me sad that about the pet families.
I mean they have to know, nobody likes it right? Feels like such an easy win for them.
Some people like it, and they attack us on the official forums any time we bring up giving us back the ability to switch because they say it's going to take away uniqueness.

No, it will give us choice. I don't give a crap if you think a spec is uniqueness. It isn't. -.-
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Nothing is unique about most pets anyway, birds of prey and hounds are one of the examples of them being the exact same thing, ability and spec, the most unique pets are exotics, and lesser dragonkin with the new magic reduction, besides that they’re the same so spec switching would be a fine edition
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

Not so hot take, but the only "unique" pets are beastmaster exclusive.
and that's only because they get secondary effects.
I actually just noticed. Pterodax don't have an extra ability.
So really, the only Unique pet. Are Feathermanes. The only non exotic pet that has an extra ability.
And Pterrordaxes The only exotic pet without.

Most non exotic pets are the same thing with a different model.
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by ace_of_hearth »

DannyGreen wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:01 am Not so hot take, but the only "unique" pets are beastmaster exclusive.
So really, the only Unique pet. Are Feathermanes. The only non exotic pet that has an extra ability.

Blood Beasts cast slow like crabs, but it is a ranged skill, so it is kind of a unique non-exotic pet. Cats also have an extra ability which is prowl, but shared with Spirit Beasts. We can just ignore bear /sleep and fox /play, lol.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

ace_of_hearth wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:45 pm
DannyGreen wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:01 am Not so hot take, but the only "unique" pets are beastmaster exclusive.

Blood Beasts cast slow like crabs, but it is a ranged skill, so it is kind of a unique non-exotic pet. Cats also have an extra ability which is prowl, but shared with Spirit Beasts. We can just ignore bear /sleep and fox /play, lol.
Stone hound’s triggered defense is 40% damage reduction instead of 60% but with a little bit of healing, another unique defense Pet that stands out in BM
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It looks like a load of beaver NPCs have been set tameable on the Beta, including many that have the previously unavailable tan look:

Beavers were notable in that most of them weren't flagged tameable in earlier taming passes. It was presumably just an error they were forgotten until now.

So far I can't see much else that has been flagged (there were a few other things with unavailable looks that I had hopes for), but I'm really happy for these, at least!