Beta 10.0 Beast Thread

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Re: Beta 10.0 Beast Thread

Unread post by Maizou »

Valnaaros wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:22 am
Maizou wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:38 am The pink hornstrider is in-game! I didn't catch the name, (thought I took a screenshot but guess I didn't. X_X)

It's the hornstrider one of the first NPCs you meet in Ohn'ahra Plains mentions that killed his father and wounded him. It has a name, so it'll likely retain after taming if it is tameable.

He just randomly showed up while I was doing the quest killing Hornstriders, one shot me (he was level 70) and ran off. No idea if he's flagged tameable cause it was very random. Lmao.
Yes, he is a lvl 70 elite that patrols around the center of the zone. He is flagged as tameable. I reported it for over on Twitter a couple of days ago :)

Also, I did find a tamable Bakar that uses three of the spiked variants. I posted a picture of it on Twitter. :)
I don't use Twitter, so I don't get the twitter scoop from y'all lol.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:05 pm
worgpower wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:30 pm When I get home from vacation, I can try to find more variants, when waking shores was open, I spotted the unused grey riverbeast variant, but i don’t know if it’s the light or dark one
Yes, I noticed that one as well and recorded it, it just hasn't yet been posted on the website :)
I thought I grabbed everything with a tame flag. I must have missed something.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Wain wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:08 pm
Valnaaros wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:05 pm
worgpower wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:30 pm When I get home from vacation, I can try to find more variants, when waking shores was open, I spotted the unused grey riverbeast variant, but i don’t know if it’s the light or dark one
Yes, I noticed that one as well and recorded it, it just hasn't yet been posted on the website :)
I thought I grabbed everything with a tame flag. I must have missed something.
Fixed! Thanks for bringing it to my attention. It was not only that hippo, but a bunch of other previously-unused hippo colours and also a couple of hermit crabs.

I don't know how they were missed, as the procedure was mostly automated and it updated all the rest :/
Clayford13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Korgath

Unread post by Clayford13 »

Valnaaros wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:27 pm A new ankylodon model

Has anyone happened to find these guys in-game or a datamined model? I'm very intrigued as the BFA Ankylodons were really disappointing without the hammer tail to me! I'm pretty sure I've looked through as many datamined models as possible but I have yet to see it anywhere.

Edit: The thought just occurred to me that these could also be something different entirely as there was just a single still from the trailer to go on, if so, what model did it end up being?
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

They turned out to be a new thunder lizard model with so many look variants, which makes my brain dizzy
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by ace_of_hearth »

Is Otiosen is tamable in Dragonflight Alpha? If the new salamanders can be grouped as toads, Otiosen is a good candidate for the Toad group too!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

We don’t know. Zeroth Morris can’t be accessed right now. That said, he most likely isn’t since they haven’t touched npcs from past xpacs.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

All 11 upcoming new hermit crab look combos are now up:
https://www.wow-petopia.com/dragonfligh ... ermitcrabs

(Unless I missed any)

Thanks to Valnaaros for all the look checking!
Clayford13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Korgath

Unread post by Clayford13 »

worgpower wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:57 pm They turned out to be a new thunder lizard model with so many look variants, which makes my brain dizzy
Ahhhhh I can see the relation now! Darn, maybe in the next dinosaur expansion lol
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Wain wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:47 pm All 11 upcoming new hermit crab look combos are now up:
https://www.wow-petopia.com/dragonfligh ... ermitcrabs

(Unless I missed any)

Thanks to Valnaaros for all the look checking!
Thanks Wain! Happy to help :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I decided to use my new classification code to sort all the hermit crabs by shell colour.

During the process, I decided to add all the other unused combos. As there are 168 possible combinations, I'd originally decided not to add them all, but since unused colours are hidden by default it's not so bad, and it allows anyone interested to look for fun, unused looks.

To see them, go to https://www.wow-petopia.com/family.php? ... ermitcrabs and scroll down to the Unused Looks section and click on it to reveal them.

Some of my faves:

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

The scrollbar for that page is absolutely menacing. I love it. There are a lot of fun combinations in there, but this one is by far my favorite;

Imagine if the devs implemented random textures for a single enemy. One enemy that could use EVERY possible texture combination given to a model. Such a monumental task of checking every color combination would be a nightmare, and I could only imagine the headache it would cause to document, but what a fun nightmare that would be. That one horse in Boralus was a good start, but we need to go deeper. One hermit, every texture. Do it, Blizzard!
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

We need some sort of crab spawn pit which randomises all the crabs. FIND THE SHINY CRYSTAL CRAB 1/100 spawn chance.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Imagine how much time it would take to find one, it took me lots of hours and time to find the red & blue sandclaw stoneshell
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Well, biologically speaking, hermit crab shells aren't part of the crab and they can switch shells easily, so maybe the designers could add a way of obtaining other shell colours to customise your hermit crab. Even offer new ones in the future! Custom ones with guild monograms or faction details!
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

I'm still waiting for custom tabards detached from stupid guild logos.
Can you imagine though, people using crabs to advertise shit.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

"Join our guild! We've got crabs!"

...Yeah, that might not be the best form of advertising. Would be nice to customize hermit crabs though. Or, take a normal crab and use a toy shell to give them one of many looks, kind of like an advanced version of the crab knife toy. After all, WoW's hermit crabs are just normal crabs with hats, rather than adorable bugs with tiny claws and a fleshy tail they tuck into an evicted home.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I could imagine hunters also being able to customize their pets to different looks of the same model, like cervid horns and body color, armor and armor color, which would of created a huge amount of Looks, but it’s too much fun then people would play more hunters
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Found two tameable mana serpents
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Another variant of the ice bear and the final variant of the ice spider are available.