Beta 10.0 Beast Thread

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Beta 10.0 Beast Thread

Unread post by Valnaaros »

A new ankylodon model

A distant view of a new bird model.

A partial view of what could be a variant of the ankylodon, with stegosaurus back plates.

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

So far, my favorites are the mammoths, dragon toad, even though we earned lots of toad models, the stegosaurus plated beast, and the armored dog that someone referred to as a cat, but it looked like some sort of worg
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

A better view of the Elk/Ram and the Mammoths

A view of the new bird model. It appears to be the same as the one I posted earlier from behind. It also looks to be the same as the spectral Wild God.

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Those oxen are fire, look at the rhino horns on that
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Difficult to tell what exactly these two beasts are in this picture. There is a small baby animal that the Dryad is sitting by in the middle of the shot, and then another, adult one, facing the camera at the top of the shot.

A blue duck variant

A new beast that looks similar to the Razorwings, but bulkier and more heavily armored. The face is almost saber like.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

A distant, unclear shot of something that is using the wyvern rigging.

New spider model

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Due to the distance and the lighting, it is rather unclear, but another view of the winged insects

A brief view of a draconic stag

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Sweet, some azerothian panthara cousins, stag looks cool, and it’s very apparent that the raptora models are the new prime skeletons cuz of the new vulture and ducks that use them, plus I hope they don’t reuse draenor wolves or legion nightsabers, I loved them in wod, but detached and started to dislike it
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

That toad is by far the perfect creature. Unless something else comes up that blows my mind, that is my main pet of the expansion. Hell, I'm digging everything so far for once, but that toad is beautiful.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

So far, nothing disappointing at all, but not only the beasts, but the dragons are also amazing models, the new designs are awesome, we finally have new dragons with no stupid underbite of a whale
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

I think the "cat" with the centaur Val posted is using the wolf rig. pretty sure you can see the same creature digging with wolf animations here

Also just below the posted image of our myster reptile (?) we have another bird using the duck model

We also have what looks like a battle pet and some Big Boys using a possibly wingless version of the razorwing model

A wyvern. probably just a reused model though.

there is also a very hazy glimpse as what looks kinda like small flying scarabs? more likely to be a battle pet due to size but who knows.

A baby mammoth and something that looks like it uses the hellboar rigging.

And lastly, what looks like some dragonflys, a possible axolotl (i would be very surprised if we dont see non robotic versions of the tropical creatures we found in ZM) and what looks like possibly a Kirin using the talbuck rigging.
Last edited by SylviaDragon on Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

SylviaDragon wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:34 pm I think the "cat" with the centaur Val posted is using the wolf rig. pretty sure you can see the same creature digging with wolf animations here

Code: Select all

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/cC1W03P" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/cC1W03P"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Yes, I saw the same. I'm not sure whether it is a cat, wolf, or dog. Some are saying that it looks like a dog. I personally think that it is either a wolf or something like a sabertooth cat.
crossface07
Realm: Dragonblight

Unread post by crossface07 »

I’m pretty sure that’s a dragon hound of some kind that the Centuar have there…they used hyenas as pets in Barrens, and the face looks like a Tibetan Mastiffs.

New dog=happy me 😃
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Those centaurs are different than the kolkar we’ve fought, so obviously animal companionship is different, I’m going to still say it’s a worg, since dragon isles and their creatures are similar to the ones in northrend, but time will tell if they will be hounds or wolves
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

@Sylvia Yes, a lot of those things I have posted about already, but I didn’t notice the possible scarab creatures. Nice find! :)
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I vote that we call the mysterious cat/wolf/dog things "Cwogs", at least until we know what they really are. I hope it's a wolf, because a reptilian wolf would be nice considering we have a (sort of?) reptilian cat already in the Panthera.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

WerebearGuy wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:18 pm I vote that we call the mysterious cat/wolf/dog things "Cwogs", at least until we know what they really are. I hope it's a wolf, because a reptilian wolf would be nice considering we have a (sort of?) reptilian cat already in the Panthera.
I think we got both, we got the picture with the heavily armored cats eating a mammoth, and the worg with the centaur, which got some draconian eye armor
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

worgpower wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:28 pm
WerebearGuy wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:18 pm I vote that we call the mysterious cat/wolf/dog things "Cwogs", at least until we know what they really are. I hope it's a wolf, because a reptilian wolf would be nice considering we have a (sort of?) reptilian cat already in the Panthera.
I think we got both, we got the picture with the heavily armored cats eating a mammoth, and the worg with the centaur, which got some draconian eye armor
I looked at it again, and it also has stone plates on its legs, and the fur behind its head looks rather rigid.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

It does, but the cats had no fur whatsoever
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

worgpower wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:23 pm It does, but the cats had no fur whatsoever
That is true.