Beta 10.0 Beast Thread

Tahchi

Re: Beta 10.0 Beast Thread

Unread post by Tahchi »

So with many pets being really big, is this a bug? I hope it is.
If you're in the alpha, please report it as such.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Generally speaking it usually is, and they will get adjusted later in the testing cycle. But sometimes they do not, like the MoP toads. I’ve noticed that most of the things that I have tamed in the Alpha are oversized.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Found some unused hermit crab looks that haven't been reported, as far as I can see. The first crab has spears and pitchforks in its shell, while also carrying a crusty anchor as a weapon. Sadly, it loses those when tamed, but it keeps its name despite only being a regular elite.
New Crab.png
New Crab.png (553.1 KiB) Viewed 1333 times
Also New Crab.png
Also New Crab.png (370.48 KiB) Viewed 1333 times
Third Crab.png
Third Crab.png (121.56 KiB) Viewed 1333 times
Another Crab.png
Another Crab.png (138.85 KiB) Viewed 1333 times
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

I really, REALLY don't want to report this...but in all good faith I have to. Tameable baby thunder lizards exist near those hermit crabs.

EDIT: They come in three colors; blue, green, and tan. Haven't seen any other colors. I reported it, but I also pleaded to let us keep em. Doubt that'll work, but if you're on alpha, grab some big babies while you can for some fun memories.
Attachments
I Call Him Lumpy.jpg
I Call Him Lumpy.jpg (165.44 KiB) Viewed 1333 times
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:58 am I really, REALLY don't want to report this...but in all good faith I have to. Tameable baby thunder lizards exist near those hermit crabs.

EDIT: They come in three colors; blue, green, and tan. Haven't seen any other colors. I reported it, but I also pleaded to let us keep em. Doubt that'll work, but if you're on alpha, grab some big babies while you can for some fun memories.
I tamed a baby and then tamed a normal electric thunder lizard, the baby was ginormous while the regular thunder lizard was about the size of a shardhide when tamed, maybe a little bigger, but still smaller than a salamanther, but the babies don’t appeal me the way the adults do
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

@Werebear I found them a couple of days ago and have reported them, but thank you for keeping an eye open for such things :). Wain also posted about the baby thunder lizard on the Petopia Twitter.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Ah, I really need to keep up with twitter. I'm too much of an old man at this point. I didn't see them when I went through the pages, but I guess I was just blind. Oh well, it's a reminder at best!
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I hate that snails are exotic so much... but they're tameable, even if I'll never be able to use one. :( EDIT: The shellless slug model is not tameable.

The new phoenix model is indeed tameable:

The new mosquito things are tameable as Water Striders:

One of the Stable Masters has a tamed version of the Dragon Windsteeds - maybe a sign they're a new pet family?

BUTTERFLIES ARE TAMEABLE! I feel like it's time to rename the Moth family at this point though. Lol.

Magma Mammoths are not tameable, but are in the mammoth family, so perhaps soon?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

There are some Magmammoths that are tameable. Wain has been posting about them and the other things that you found over on Twitter. :)
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

The magmammoth thing is funny; I tamed ONE elite bull that was level 62, and it had all the biggest spikes and tusks. Then, when I realized I'm petty and wanted the orange bull instead of the red one, I waited for a respawn. It never respawned as tameable, as it was too high level. I've not encountered a low level tameable bull since that first one. Really weird, but alpha do what alpha do.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Sorry! I really have been better at posting on Twitter than here.

I've been able to post on the Petopia Twitter account as i find things during patch days, and it gets to many people very quickly, but at the end of it I'm usually totally exhausted 😩 I have to remember to come back and post here later.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

I've mostly only been posting on Twitter until now, but here's one of my finds, one of the dragon horses was tamable =)
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

Nice little detail the phoenixes "burst into flames" when you send them away and when you revive them
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

Found this fella in a bit hidden cave, Hello Hek! (has feeding instructions hanging from its mouth)
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

Birb!
more Birbs
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

All I gotta say is all the pets look so much better ingame than the model viewer, when I saw the run animation of the rockfangs, I thought it ruined the model, but when it runs in game, it looks ready to battle
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Was able to locate two tameable mammoths

Was also able to locate a tameable rhino!
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

As much I want to love the new rhinos..they just look weird.. something is off about them. Not sure what...

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Tahchi

Unread post by Tahchi »

Maria wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:13 am As much I want to love the new rhinos..they just look weird.. something is off about them. Not sure what...
Might be their ultra thin legs. It looks weird.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Someting that bugs me is that they do not have any upper teeth, only lower teeth.