Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Re: Beta 10.0 Beast Thread

Unread post by ace_of_hearth »

I propose Drakeneche.
Tahchi

Unread post by Tahchi »

Unfortunately all these new awesome looking tames are worthless without a way to re-spec our pets.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

WoWScrnShot_082022_190242.jpg
WoWScrnShot_082022_190242.jpg (509.6 KiB) Viewed 2804 times
found a blank textured Hornstrider in The waking shore named Beakers, it's possible it will be given a new color, or the other colors that exist, couldn't check it's tameability status because im having a blast on Evoker
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

New Dragonflight feature: paint your own pet 😂

I'll have to go check this one out. I haven't seen it before. Do you remember where it's located?
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

9DA68823-19A2-4C0D-A595-DB3DD3586030.jpeg
9DA68823-19A2-4C0D-A595-DB3DD3586030.jpeg (1.32 MiB) Viewed 2786 times
it was running in circles in where I circled the map
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks! :)
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I checked this npc out on wowhead, it may appear as a regular white hornstrider or a textureless like pictured above
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

In the model viewer on wow.tools there's one display ID that has no textures. It appears to be a mistake, though it's weird it made it into the game that way.
CrankyClaw

Unread post by CrankyClaw »

Tahchi wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:14 am Unfortunately all these new awesome looking tames are worthless without a way to re-spec our pets.
We can only hope that with the tuning on the new talent tree that the Clefthoof ability isn't that OP this time around, or that they shuffle pets a bit, but I suspect we'll need to lean on talents.
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

CrankyClaw wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:35 am
Tahchi wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:14 am Unfortunately all these new awesome looking tames are worthless without a way to re-spec our pets.
We can only hope that with the tuning on the new talent tree that the Clefthoof ability isn't that OP this time around, or that they shuffle pets a bit, but I suspect we'll need to lean on talents.
clefthoof isn't op, it's the only viable pet for solo content. Being the only viable pet doesn't make it op, it just means the rest of the pets are less viable.
Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Zoruaronan »

ace_of_hearth wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:50 am
clefthoof isn't op, it's the only viable pet for solo content. Being the only viable pet doesn't make it op, it just means the rest of the pets are less viable.
I'm just going to throw in my opinion about this as well cause I feel like I should say a bit about this

While yes, The rest of the pets still can be used, What's the point when both Clefthooves are the only pet worth while to use due to the fact that they're in Ferocity and also gain access to Blood of the Rhino. Even Core Hounds are more viable then 90% of the other pets due to either a bad mix of Family and Ability (Looking at you mechanicals.) or being outclassed by Clefthooves.

Looking at the families, Ferocity is the only viable one because Cunning is more suited for PvP content and Tenacity is just utter garbage atm, So with 2/3rds of the pets practically useless for leveling, solo content or dungeons, That leaves Ferocity as the only family viable, Except it really is only Clefthooves, Core Hounds and Scalehides which are Viable, Due to pretty much every other Ferocity pet having either a 50% Speed Reduction, 30% Dodge or Mortal Wounds, All of which don't help or help very little in Leveling, Solo Content or Dungeons (Which is what most people do), So they need to pick one of these 3 due to them all having the 50% or 60% damage reduction.

Scalehides are for people who picked Marksmen or Survival due to them being the only non exotic tank pets and Core Hounds are pretty much just there for people who don't want to use the same boring Clefthoof though even they are still worse due to the fact that Celfthooves have Blood of the Rhino AND are also Exotic along with Core Hounds, So at that point you might as well get the Clefthoof.

My only solution to this is to either make Blood of the Rhino a baseline ability for all pets or to allow us to Respec our pets to ferocity, But then at that point why bother having other families when one dominates a meta for hunters due to Leech and Damage Reduction

Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to speak my mind about this for a long time
Last edited by Zoruaronan on Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Zoruaronan wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:31 pm

I'm just going to throw in my opinion about this as well cause I feel like I should say a bit about this

While yes, The rest of the pets still can be used, What's the point when both Clefthooves and to are the only pet worth while to use due to the fact that they're in Ferocity and also gain access to Blood of the Rhino. Even Core Hounds are more viable then 90% of the other pets due to either a bad mix of Family and Ability (Looking at you mechanicals.) or being outclassed by Clefthooves.

Looking at the families, Ferocity is the only viable one because Cunning is more suited for PvP content and Tenacity is just utter garbage atm, So with 2/3rds of the pets practically useless for leveling, solo content or dungeons, That leaves Ferocity as the only family viable, Except it really is only Clefthooves, Core Hounds and Scalehides which are Viable, Due to pretty much every other Ferocity pet having either a 50% Speed Reduction, 30% Dodge or Mortal Wounds, Both of which don't help or help very little in Leveling, Solo Content or Dungeons (Which is what most people do), So they need to pick one of these 3 due to them all having the 50% or 60% damage reduction.

Scalehides are for people who picked Marksmen or Survival due to them being the only non exotic tank pets and Core Hounds are pretty much just there for people who don't want to use the same boring lefthoof though even they are still worse due to the fact that Celfthooves have Blood of the Rhino AND are also Exotic along with Core Hounds, So at that point you might as well get the Clefthoof.

My only solution to this is to either make Blood of the Rhino a baseline ability for all pets or to allow us to Respec our pets to ferocity, But then at that point why bother having other families when one dominates a meta for hunters due to Leech and Damage Reduction

Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to speak my mind about this for a long time
I agree with everything, we used to have pets used for mostly cosmetic purposes in Legion and still had spec switching, now we are limited to a few families to help with survivability and viability. I have been waiting for pet spec changes to happen for years, and I’m at a point where I’m not going to count on them changing specs, and change everything else on the hunter talent tree, if most pets are this pointless, I can just main another class. Maybe some time in beta well get pet changes, I wished blizzard would also listen to pet spec feedback while also fixing other hunter problems
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Zoruaronan wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:31 pm

While yes, The rest of the pets still can be used, What's the point when both Clefthooves are the only pet worth while to use due to the fact that they're in Ferocity and also gain access to Blood of the Rhino. Even Core Hounds are more viable then 90% of the other pets due to either a bad mix of Family and Ability (Looking at you mechanicals.) or being outclassed by Clefthooves.

Looking at the families, Ferocity is the only viable one because Cunning is more suited for PvP content and Tenacity is just utter garbage atm, So with 2/3rds of the pets practically useless for leveling, solo content or dungeons, That leaves Ferocity as the only family viable, Except it really is only Clefthooves, Core Hounds and Scalehides which are Viable, Due to pretty much every other Ferocity pet having either a 50% Speed Reduction, 30% Dodge or Mortal Wounds, All of which don't help or help very little in Leveling, Solo Content or Dungeons (Which is what most people do), So they need to pick one of these 3 due to them all having the 50% or 60% damage reduction.

Scalehides are for people who picked Marksmen or Survival due to them being the only non exotic tank pets and Core Hounds are pretty much just there for people who don't want to use the same boring Clefthoof though even they are still worse due to the fact that Celfthooves have Blood of the Rhino AND are also Exotic along with Core Hounds, So at that point you might as well get the Clefthoof.

I suggested this is the 10.0 wish list thread.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Vaniik the Stormtouched is a rare added today that uses the last of the horned wind eagle variants.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Has anyone found the Spirit Beast that was added last month? Or is it not in-game and just in the files so far?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Maizou wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:24 pm Has anyone found the Spirit Beast that was added last month? Or is it not in-game and just in the files so far?
I assume that you're talking about Bloodgullet? As far as I'm aware, he hasn't been found in-game, and he may not even be in the game yet, if he ever will be. Based on the model viewer, he doesn't seem to have any special effects to him. He could have a vanila transparent effect, which wouldn't show in the modelviewer, but that wouldn't be too special for a Spirit Beast. It is possible that it may be a case of incorrect classification.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Going off-topic for a second, sorry, but Petopia's LK Classic site is now live:

https://www.wow-petopia.com/classic_lk/

This gorgeous Lich King version of the saber logo was created by our own Lupis Darkmoon.
PetopiaLK-Classic-Twitter.png
PetopiaLK-Classic-Twitter.png (495.81 KiB) Viewed 2150 times
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Looks beautiful! Excellent job :)
Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Very nice!
Tsukina
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shen'dralar

Unread post by Tsukina »

Lich was the expansion where the spirit beasts were introduced, right? wow that's been so long ago...

PD: Good job Wain, looks nice.