Beta 10.0 Beast Thread

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Beta 10.0 Beast Thread

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Though likely a month or two until the Beta for the next xpac starts, it is still good to have this thread ready for whenever it does start up :)
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Re: Beta 10.0 Beast Thread

Unread post by worgpower »

This is probably the best opportunity to move cloud serpents to a new family with wilderlings, like a wyrm family of some sort, it’s also a good timing to tame soul eaters and razorwings since they are very dragonlike in appearance, I’m hoping this leak will put out a lot of interesting creatures
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I agree. Now would be a very good time to make those things tameable, especially to make a family for Wilderlings and Cloud Serpents.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

And make them Ferocity! Please no more cunning.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Talihawk wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:49 pm And make them Ferocity! Please no more cunning.
We need a big push for a revision of pet family specs in 10.0. The current system has really gimped a lot of families. Every family should have access to ferocity, at the very least.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Spec switching should be the answer, as we do lack ferocity pets, there are millions of cunning and tenacity pets, i don’t use them because I usually don’t survive
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

Absolutely. Since They removes pet specs, my team has been my Chicken (My icon) Kodo, and Crocodile for mythics (low to the ground doesn't get in anybodies way) I have had no real desire to step out of ferocity for anything. They tank better, and have a built in time warp. Cunning is only worth a dam in pvp, and Tenacity is just. Bad in every way. Can only really use them as the secondary pet for BM.
I want to run around with a raptor. Maybe even my crawg or Gryphon I used to love.

Just bring back spec choosing for pets, there's plenty of cool ideas and neat customisable features, but the bare minimum is specs. And that's good enough for me. Low expectations for them to actually do it. so I won't hold my breath.
Who knows, maybe they will add a whole new group of cool pets, and they can all be tenacity. Endurance training is super helpful that extra 5% hp is so important when it is the grand total of about 2-3k THAT'S ALMOST AN ENTIRE HIT! I will admit I do get a bit salty in this matter and I apologise for sounding like a jerk on it.
It either gets fixed, or the entire dragon expansion will be cleft hooves again.

We can probably expect to see lots of drakonid creatures, lots more than likely going into the scalehide or lizard section. Probably some new raptors, or dinosaurs to.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I agree, we do lack defensive ferocity pets though, I was hyped for my favorite shadowlands looks only to use NONE of them, Vexis is a winner, but I would love to send my favorite hound pets and gromit, and mechanicals got so many looks only to be cunning, hopefully this will be noticed by blizzard to make changes to use all pets freely again
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

I would love it if we could switch specs again. That was so very awesome. I have no idea why it was taken away. It was a huge disappointment and still hurts game play enjoyment. My only solace is at least I can use the 2nd pet appearance, but I would really like to use something other than a cleft hoof. Everything else dies too fast, even if I try to keep up with mend pet.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

I dont play anymore but I agree that switching specs should be a thing
It's a utopia wishlist but familiar switch would be awesome. Clefthoof family butikker the look of a cat, wolf, bird eyc. Maybe the look switch we had in legion could be used fordi other than the sp wolf

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

honestly i think the most fun i had with pets was back around WoD (did they let you do it in mop too? cant recall) back when you could switch any pet to any spec whenever you needed to. i saw the most pet diversity during that time and i got to more or less bring any pet that i wanted to a raid and knew it could contribute. Not to mention if I forgot my turtle i could just turn my raptor into a tank and would manage just fine outside of bigger fights like raid soloing. I also just loved getting to see everyone's go-to favorite pets that they had always wanted to use but could never justify.

Compare that to now, where literally every pet-using hunter I have come across has faultline. Every. Single. One. because clefthoof is best right now and faultline is the most interesting/least ugly option. Not even my other tanky pets, whom i love, are getting used because my too-big ugly ol clefthoof has a shield that is 10% better. :cry:
I also miss using my spirit beasts. =/

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

If I get Beta early enough this time I should be able to help document stuff. Normally I only get access after y'all have gone through everything. xD
crossface07
Realm: Dragonblight

Unread post by crossface07 »

Alpacas are super squishy right now…

And I’ve noticed that Smack draws serious aggro off the tanks in the 5-mans I’m running while leveling.

I really am hoping for some pet love in terms of specs this expansion, and pray that if we are revamping the old world as rumored, then we get our much hopes for updates to the original wolf and cat models…

And please give us some new dogs!!!
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I agree. We need dogs, maybe let us tame pugs, i just want to troll people with a dog with a plethora of health problems, ultimate death
Elliera
Petopia Artist
Realm: Borean Tundra

Unread post by Elliera »

worgpower wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:19 am I agree. We need dogs, maybe let us tame pugs, i just want to troll people with a dog with a plethora of health problems, ultimate death
Yep. I hope Blizz will give us new dog models to tame *_* We need more dogs like Gilnean mastiff
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

So far I have seen new elk/rams, mammoths, and wasps.

Ducks!

New wolf or cat.

New ankylodon, and something that looks like a wingless, heavily armored Razorwing.

New spider.

Giant otter
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

A giant otter mount

A distant view of what appears to be a wild giant otter

Some sort of new insects. Might be a race. The one on the ground is probably the same creature that the Dracthyr was fighting earlier.

Looks like a new cat model

Dragonic toad

Ducks

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

A view of the new mammoths, which are similar to the one datamined back in WoD, and something that looks like a mix of a ram and elk.

A new avian model. Could be restricted to this npc.

An upclose look of the new Ram/Elk

A distant view of a black giant otter

A distant view of a white mammoth

Last edited by Valnaaros on Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zetsoban

Unread post by Zetsoban »

Looks like some lizard when you zoom in on the left!

Attachments
expacReveal091.jpg
expacReveal091.jpg (171.6 KiB) Viewed 12725 times
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Possibly an axolotl.