worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Re: Beta 10.0 Beast Thread

Unread post by worgpower »

Maizou wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:23 pm
worgpower wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:45 am
worgpower wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:58 am I hope the requirement will not require too much rep/renown, and I predict the item/source will come from the stable master vendor in thaldrazsus
Great news, I predicted it, it comes from that vendor, and there’s finally a source, Wain posted it on twitter
- it requires renown 23 on valdrakken accord to obtain, so lots of grinding to do for the book
- it’s a simple purchase from the Stable master in Valdrakken(like I predicted)
8CAA4D13-280F-4762-8C75-65C80302A9BB.jpeg
All I know, is if it's renown locked, it better be account wide when you learn it.

And they really need to go through and update things like Dinomancy and Mecha Imprint to be account wide. :/
This will definitely be account wide, I heard renown is account wide and as of now the vendor items are free, but the other things should be account wide, especially mecha bond imprint matrixes, direhorn tomes and Feathermane(if you completed the legionfall achieve) are nowadays easy to obtain due to them being legacy, but hopefully dragon taming will also be account wide rather than waiting for a character to send it again
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Isn't Renown 23 in DF the equivalent of 23,000 rep, or a little into "Revered" in the old rep system? Makes me wonder how they landed on 23 as the right spot.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I think they should lower the renown levels since it’s a class only thing, I think it’s a bit much to grind so much just for more hunter pets, I heard Feathermanes we’re a pain to get in legion, and it was still time consuming doing legionfall rep and class hall campaign on BFA
Krauth
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Krauth »

Any hint at KSM mount for DF S01?
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Krauth wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:54 pm Any hint at KSM mount for DF S01?
Right now, no hints of a new keystone mount in DF, but it can happen at some point
Krauth
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Krauth »

They just posted it lol, talk about timing : https://www.wowhead.com/news/hailstorm- ... ard-329207
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Odd change to the lightest thunder lizard colour in this build: it's become even lighter, but in a faded and desaturated way:

Bottom image is new:

thunderlizardprimal_light-Change.png
thunderlizardprimal_light-Change.png (850.22 KiB) Viewed 2196 times

It seems to have been a fairly crude shift of the entire image saturation and lightness that affected everything, even the lightning. It's weird and I'm not sure why they'd do that. I always felt the lightning looked a bit pasted-on, but in this particular colour its edges are now even more defined and fake looking.

I've also noticed a number of changes related to appearance and texture n the tarantula model, BUT it still has the same buggy appearance (orange glow, hairs missing) in the game, so I'm not sure what's going on there. Maybe it's a work in progress.

BadTarantula.png
BadTarantula.png (432.21 KiB) Viewed 2196 times
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

As far as I can tell, there haven't been any new taming passes recently, so the colours of things that weren't tameable before remain unavailable. I hope at least the beavers are fixed, as around half (or more?) of them are untameable for no apparent reason. I think someone started and then just got busy with other things and forgot. As a result, the yellow-brown one is still unavailable.

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Wain wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:56 am Odd change to the lightest thunder lizard colour in this build: it's become even lighter, but in a faded and desaturated way:

Bottom image is new:

thunderlizardprimal_light-Change.png

It seems to have been a fairly crude shift of the entire image saturation and lightness that affected everything, even the lightning. It's weird and I'm not sure why they'd do that. I always felt the lightning looked a bit pasted-on, but in this particular colour its edges are now even more defined and fake looking.

I've also noticed a number of changes related to appearance and texture n the tarantula model, BUT it still has the same buggy appearance (orange glow, hairs missing) in the game, so I'm not sure what's going on there. Maybe it's a work in progress.

BadTarantula.png
The new pale thunder lizard looks odd, yet ancient, they could of used this time to fix the neck, running with one in game is super weird, and I don’t understand how someone could make the mistake on the tarantulas by using base models for the new ones rather than the lava tarantula skin which has no hair, and I hope the new skins get their hair and orange glow goes.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

I'm gunna be so bummed if we don't get the gold cloud serpents :(
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

A tameable blue magma snail has been found, and it's not even a rare! Thanks to 'Chellios Coyote' on Twitter for reporting this one.

MagmaSnailBlueTamed.png
MagmaSnailBlueTamed.png (500.4 KiB) Viewed 2076 times

There are only a couple of them, but since they're not rare they'll probably respawn fairly quickly.They're named 'Water Snail' and they're scripted to be in combat with Lava Snails from the adjacent volcanic area.

SnailFight.png
SnailFight.png (799.97 KiB) Viewed 2076 times
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Nice, they still need to add the water mammoth, I would of been more impressed if I could use these on survival, we need all the colors to be available to most of the creatures
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Good to see the best skin is available. Good job, Blizzard!
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

GOOD NEWS, EVERYONE! I found a tameable fey darter with the orange skin! BAD NEWS, EVERYONE! It's a random skin for Deviate Faerie Dragon! Currently resetting constantly to find the orange skin on the actual NPC.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_100722_161907.jpg
WoWScrnShot_100722_161907.jpg (337.22 KiB) Viewed 2042 times
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

WerebearGuy wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:20 pm GOOD NEWS, EVERYONE! I found a tameable fey darter with the orange skin! BAD NEWS, EVERYONE! It's a random skin for Deviate Faerie Dragon!
1. Hooray
2. Ugh, I hope it won’t be too rare!
3. Give me feywing
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

There we go, found it in orange after 22 resets. There's no instance cap, at least on beta. Can't beast lore it, but wowhead says it is tameable as a lesser dragonkin.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_100722_162808.jpg
WoWScrnShot_100722_162808.jpg (162.24 KiB) Viewed 2039 times
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

WerebearGuy wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:29 pm There we go, found it in orange after 22 resets. There's no instance cap, at least on beta. Can't beast lore it, but wowhead says it is tameable as a lesser dragonkin.
That’s great, that will be my back up color if the spectral one won’t satisfy me enough, even though it’s a rare spawn, it’s still something
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

I went and manually checked every faerie dragon from classic up to Shadowlands, and only Deviate Faerie Dragon does the color changing. Spirit Darter is still, regrettably, fully opaque rather than the intended ghostly. I also checked all the Feywings, and sadly they're all still untameable.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

WerebearGuy wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:20 pm GOOD NEWS, EVERYONE! I found a tameable fey darter with the orange skin! BAD NEWS, EVERYONE! It's a random skin for Deviate Faerie Dragon! Currently resetting constantly to find the orange skin on the actual NPC.
That's awesome news!

It's a bit of effort to get it, but at least it's available, and at least you're not competing with anyone else for a super rare colour.

Question: how far did you travel through the dungeon before you could detect it with /tar ? The Wowhead article says you can do it form the entrance but I think it's wrong now. I tried around 50 times from the entrance before I gave up and started moving to the thunder lizard boss, and then targetted it first time.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Definitely works from the entrance. I had my settings at their absolute max, and I'm on a 1920x1080 monitor with matching resolution, though the latter probably has nothing to do with it. Just did exactly what the wowhead comment said, and almost two baker's dozens later, I found the orange one.