Beta 10.0 Beast Thread

Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Re: Beta 10.0 Beast Thread

Unread post by Talihawk »

It won't hurt to make our voices heard, also the people who rant negatively about pets don't put their money where their mouth is typically. The guy who snarked at me still hasn't posted anything about the hunter class in the PTR thread that everyone has access to. So just reply to comments already placed about pet topics to voice your opinion or just add to the major thread as listed above. Either works. I generally try to do a 'reply' to Nimox's posts in hopes it gets noticed more easily by the dev who's been communicating with the hunter community.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

WerebearGuy wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:50 amFact; the people that try to refuse hunter pet content are the same people that enjoy pet battles, transmog, mount collecting, and making their characters look good. The irony in their infallible logic is always a treat.
??? From my experience, most people that enjoy a variety of hunter pets also enjoy the other things you mentioned. I don't suppose you have a compelling argument to support your opinion?
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Perhaps I worded it wrong since I wrote that shortly after waking up (like a slob who slept in, god I love weekends), but I meant that the people that insult hunters for wanting vanity stuff are more often than not collectors of vanity things. Like, why cherrypick one vanity thing that is literally the same thing as transmog, mounts, and so on? I assure you that I meant no shade towards the same people I support. You got a wee bit feisty over that, but I do hope I cleared up the confusion there. Ain't nobody here I'd insult, if that's what you felt.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

You're right, I'm sorry I totally took it the wrong way.

I don't know why we call them support classes, when they don't support us in the important things! :)
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

I think hunter pets look great with many transmogs, it can bring flavor to your transmog, for instance I moved to survival because of the playstyle and the cool ways of customizing two handers with pets, if people knew better about pets like us, they’d be more positive, to most players, it’s just a class asset that has clunky UI, which is true but the pets are the fun of the specs
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

worgpower wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:56 pm I think hunter pets look great with many transmogs, it can bring flavor to your transmog, for instance I moved to survival because of the playstyle and the cool ways of customizing two handers with pets, if people knew better about pets like us, they’d be more positive, to most players, it’s just a class asset that has clunky UI, which is true but the pets are the fun of the specs
I am working on fumes right now, falling asleep at my computer as I type, and when I read "if people knew better about pets like us", I burst out laughing because I totally misinterpreted what you said. On topic though (are we still on topic?), pets are really part of our transmog overall. Marksman usually goes commando with pets, BM tends to rock the wild and crazy stuff, and SV keeps it simple while having one really big right hand. I hope I see SV hunters with Hornswogs, because that's just too good of an image in my head. Dare I say even; toadally awesome.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

WerebearGuy wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:32 am
worgpower wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:56 pm I think hunter pets look great with many transmogs, it can bring flavor to your transmog, for instance I moved to survival because of the playstyle and the cool ways of customizing two handers with pets, if people knew better about pets like us, they’d be more positive, to most players, it’s just a class asset that has clunky UI, which is true but the pets are the fun of the specs
I am working on fumes right now, falling asleep at my computer as I type, and when I read "if people knew better about pets like us", I burst out laughing because I totally misinterpreted what you said. On topic though (are we still on topic?), pets are really part of our transmog overall. Marksman usually goes commando with pets, BM tends to rock the wild and crazy stuff, and SV keeps it simple while having one really big right hand. I hope I see SV hunters with Hornswogs, because that's just too good of an image in my head. Dare I say even; toadally awesome.
I am dying to fight alongside a hornswog, marksman and BM hunters only have guns, bows and crossbows while sv has staves, polearms, 2h swords and 2h axes which is much bigger variety
CrankyClaw

Unread post by CrankyClaw »

Talihawk wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:22 pm Yes but if we say nothing or only two of us say anything, the Devs will assume that no one gives a darn really and the issue will never get fixed.
Well, we also need to be concise and provide feedback that's actionable, especially this late in the process.

Posting and saying "these 100 pets need to be fixed" is going to get ignored. Also changes to old content are likely not a priority to fix either.

The biggest need I see is the issue of fixing pet specs, and the best solution there is to let each pet be one of two families. That would give a lot more variety for use, without getting into silly combos. I don't think we'll get back the "any pet can be any spec" system.

But Nimox is primarily focused on talent trees. so I would not expect him to delve too much into pets.

There's also a ton of noise on the forums with people who don't really understand the talents (and/or are really bad at math) commenting on talent changes, and that's making it a lot worse there. Saying things like "this spell should be removed because I never use it" is not helping, but a lot of people are doing that.
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by ace_of_hearth »

I'm just so happy the peafowls and ducks make sounds when clicked <3.
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

Pardon my doomer mentality.
But the best chance to get some feedback is more likely community council or getting someone with big reach to send the message.

While massive chapters along with the mechanics make sense, and logically should be a good way to get answers.
I think people being alot more blunt and quick bullet points. I think the best thread made about pets was answered by blizz saying "Yehhh... naaah we know what we doin, we might fix something at some point"

Ferocity is the go to choice cos it's better in most content excluding pvp.
It makes 2/3rd of the cast disadvantageous in pve if you want to play optimal. Yes you can use them, but you can also use 1handed weapons as a hunter.
Being able to choose the spec of our pets would be beneficial to class feel and attachment to our characters.

And if that doesn't work.
HIT EM WITH MEMES!
Just tossed this one together.

Thouigh I think i should have stuck the alliance symbol on his hat.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Haha i love it, bring on the memes
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

DannyGreen wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:53 pm
But the best chance to get some feedback is more likely community council or getting someone with big reach to send the message.
I have posted about this in the community council forums, as well as a thread about exotic pets being outdated, and Watermist (another CC member) and some non-hunter players all said I was wrong and pets were fine.

And had the Hunter forums campaigning for Blizzard to remove me from the CC for having "bad ideas" and having an opinion that they didn't agree with, led by a member on here who came here just because of me, that I have on ignore. Who openly harasses me and spreads hate in the Hunter discord, which I am so tempted to report to Discord because I have Azor (the owner) on the record stating they allow hate talk of people not members of the discord, even if they join the discord and ask them to stop it while they are currently a member. (Violates the Discord Partnership program they're in)

Which is why I HIGHLY recommend not joining Trueshot Lodge. Azor fosters a toxic hate filled environment and is fine with it if they aren't members of the discord, which is BS. We need a Petopia discord. Lol. (Wain, you can delete the last 2 paragraphs if necessary, I just think it's important for people to understand the greater hunter community are not friends of the pet community, and actively harass and do not stop harassment. The same thing happens for people who like Melee Survival. Said person who started the harassment of me is mad because I like melee survival because I don't think ranged survival had an identity that was unique from MM.)

The issue is entirely there are other hunters and non-hunter players actively campaigning to "keep exotics special" and saying "tenacity is the preferred raid pet by top hunters" (even though it isnt lmao). Then they cherry pick the jailer fight to show "SEE, TENACITY IS USED" Yea, because there's burst damage that needs to be mitigated, and it's our only real mitigation right now other than Turtle.

Once SotF is baseline, Tenacity will fall to the depths of even more useless. The health boost won't do nearly as much and there's no time you'd need both, so the leech will always win out at that point.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Looks like vorquins are getting a huge model upgrade since they added new mounts for dracthyr
10AFFDCA-AA99-4AF3-934B-F70CCD67520A.jpeg
10AFFDCA-AA99-4AF3-934B-F70CCD67520A.jpeg (289.38 KiB) Viewed 1065 times
this one is the one currently
E69567A7-94FE-420C-8549-1091C702D549.jpeg
E69567A7-94FE-420C-8549-1091C702D549.jpeg (672.6 KiB) Viewed 1065 times
This is the updated version with a saddle
90B966D1-64D1-43D5-AD96-BBC10774BF0A.jpeg
90B966D1-64D1-43D5-AD96-BBC10774BF0A.jpeg (726.42 KiB) Viewed 1065 times
This is the WIP model
I always disliked the Vorquin faces until I saw this and I’m glad their getting a needed facelift, and they look like dracthyr with a horse’s body
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

It's not an enormous update, but it's definitely noticeable. At least they aren't being removed like the Kirin models were!
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I hope the thunder lizards get a minor update that heavily improves on the model like the Vorquin, I thought the old face was kinda ugly and blocky, and the new one adds more life to the model
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Fey darters have also had their model fixed in this build, so the orange and spirit versions now show the correct wings for their textures.

Hopefully they'll eventually get around to adding some transparency or spectral effects to the latter so that it looks a lot more like the original. The nether faerie dragon minipet is still using the old model and it's presumably because they never got the new spirit one looking right. But I don't mean to complain, as the new fix is a huge improvement :)

faeriedragon2_orange.jpg
faeriedragon2_orange.jpg (119.76 KiB) Viewed 1049 times
faeriedragon2_ghost.jpg
faeriedragon2_ghost.jpg (120.07 KiB) Viewed 1049 times
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Wain wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:39 pm Fey darters have also had their model fixed in this build, so the orange and spirit versions now show the correct wings for their textures.

Hopefully they'll eventually get around to adding some transparency or spectral effects to the latter so that it looks a lot more like the original. The nether faerie dragon minipet is still using the old model and it's presumably because they never got the new spirit one looking right. But I don't mean to complain, as the new fix is a huge improvement :)

faeriedragon2_orange.jpg faeriedragon2_ghost.jpg
I’m glad to hear these news, every minor change like these count, I hope feywings will get tameability, for horde it would be easy to simply tame one, alliance could probably have the /roar just like frayfeather hippogryphs, faebright is a simple tame for both factions, as Wain mentioned before and myself looking in the wmf, feywings are rather doglike, so I don’t think it would be a big deal to make them tameable, hopefully some pets like musken and tarantulas will get the shine fixed to normal, but as for orange fey darters, they can be added as a second variant to NPCs like fey drakes in blade’s edge mountains
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The beaver model has also received a graphics fix: the mane now uses the intended texture, rather than a generic one.

This change is more subtle than the fey darter but it's still a good update that makes their looks more cohesive.

beaver fix.png
beaver fix.png (791.75 KiB) Viewed 1023 times
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Wain wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:39 pm Fey darters have also had their model fixed in this build, so the orange and spirit versions now show the correct wings for their textures.

faeriedragon2_orange.jpg faeriedragon2_ghost.jpg
Their next Spirit Beast is literally staring them in the face.

Just add a rare spawn in Feralas that's the Spirit Faerie Dragon.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

We’ve got a NPC called Spirit Darter in the jade forest that uses the spectral one even though right now it’s just a blue gem dragon