Beta 10.0 Beast Thread

ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Re: Beta 10.0 Beast Thread

Unread post by ace_of_hearth »

worgpower wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:45 pm
ace_of_hearth wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:02 am
WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:08 pm So with the MUCH appreciated change for exotic pets being at level 10 now, this means only one pet requires grinding to reach in a starting zone; the Tunneling Worm over on Kezan. Guardian of the Elders will be met around level 11 or 12, so there's no need to grind at all for that one, but Tunneling Worm still requires you to grind a bit since they disappear super early in the Goblin starting quests. I also looked into all the earliest available exotics, and the following are the only really "unique" ones (in that you won't find anything similar for a while);

Tunneling Worm - Goblin exclusive
Water Pincer - Neutral Pandaren exclusive
Guardian of the Elders - Neutral Pandaren exclusive
All three Spirit Beast porcupines

Not really a big list, but these six exotics are available at level 10, assuming you beeline right to them. I don't know if dungeon bosses are tameable at level 10, since I haven't leveled a new hunter since verifying Guardian of the Elders keeping his name, but I assume not since they're meant to be over your level.
can we check if goblins can tame the pterodaxx in the isle they crashed into during the starting zone experience?
Sorry to disappoint you, but those are untameable and according to wowhead, they’re not tameable
Pterodaxx was introduced as a tamable beast in BFA, which already the time exotic can only be tamable at level 39. Now that we can tame it at level 10, it might could have changed.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

I forgot to clarify that the lost isles pterrordaxes aren’t tameable, but there’s many easily accessible pterrordaxes in Zuldazar and un’goro crater at low levels
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

So I just found out plains musken, the npc that uses the grey look is not in-game, so it’s unfortunate for whoever wanted the regular grey musken, and tundra rhino is also a unused npc, and I needed to mention you forgot to add a npc called “Fey Drake”, it’s a tameable regular fey darter, located in blade’s edge mountains, I wanted to bring this up now so nobody gets confused when dragonflight launches
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Plains Musken is definitely still there, and here's the "grey" version and map:

PlainsMusken.png
PlainsMusken.png (590.79 KiB) Viewed 3355 times
PlainsMuskenLocation.png
PlainsMuskenLocation.png (198.81 KiB) Viewed 3355 times
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Also, I only just realised that the musk ox textures were given a revamp in 10.0. I'll have to redo them all and post comparisons! The new ones are a lot more detailed, but also with more washed-out highlights than the originals. In the rush of new things added in the first database uploads, I must have missed that.

Compare new and old textures:

muskox_grey.png
muskox_grey.png (300.46 KiB) Viewed 3352 times
muskox_greyold.png
muskox_greyold.png (287.8 KiB) Viewed 3352 times
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The Tundra Rhino (actually an armoredon) is also still there:

TundraRhino.png
TundraRhino.png (548.48 KiB) Viewed 3351 times
TundraRhino map.png
TundraRhino map.png (260.44 KiB) Viewed 3351 times
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

worgpower wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:31 am I needed to mention you forgot to add a npc called “Fey Drake”, it’s a tameable regular fey darter, located in blade’s edge mountains, I wanted to bring this up now so nobody gets confused when dragonflight launches
Thanks for catching that! I knew of its existence and I thought I added it, so I don't know how it was missed!
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Oh wow, yeah, wowhead maps never shown these, but I had a feeling it was inaccurate, but I also noticed the new musken textures which are great, but also had a glow to it, the tarantulas still oddly glow orange on retail, my friend and I played on his hunter and his tarantula was glowing orange, and I still don’t get why brufflons are stags and not oxen
Last edited by worgpower on Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

If anyone's on the beta, could you please also keep an eye out for this fey darter NPC, the "Cave Faerie":
https://www.wowhead.com/beta/npc=199548/cave-faerie

It's new in the last Beta build, according to Wowhead, and it comes in both blue and orange and is flagged tameable. Assuming it's been added somewhere, it could also be friendly.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Do you think it's in an old or new area? I went to check the Cavern of Consumption but not seeing anything in the area.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Talihawk wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:37 pm Do you think it's in an old or new area? I went to check the Cavern of Consumption but not seeing anything in the area.
I'm assuming a new one. It has the feel of one of those "filling in the remaining gaps" NPCs that the last few builds have had.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Musken upres comparison. The image is big, so you'll probably need to click on it / open it in a new tab, and magnify it to appreciate the details.

I've updated the site images.

muskox comparison.png
muskox comparison.png (3.78 MiB) Viewed 3264 times
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Regarding the cave fairie, I'm gonna make a silly assumption and claim it might spawn in a zone with fairie dragons and caves. Perhaps in an offshoot section of Wailing Caverns (uninstanced). I don't have the beta installed anymore (ran out of space lol), so I can't check.

Regarding the new musken, I don't know if I like the new textures or not. That's a huge amount of contrast, and it kind of emphasizes some of the lower qualities of the model and textures.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

It’s possible this NPC could be on a different area since it’s not a deviate creature but the uninstanced deviate caverns is a good place to check, it’s possible it spawns somewhere where faerie dragons are abundant, but I’ll try to go on a hunt for it later
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks to Haughty Chicken on Twitter, we now know that the Cave Faeries are in a cave in Thaldraszus, just south-west of the Gardens of Unity. They seem to be tameable, so the orange skin is now available from a much easier source than the rare in WC.
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by ace_of_hearth »

Wain wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:53 am Also, I only just realised that the musk ox textures were given a revamp in 10.0. I'll have to redo them all and post comparisons! The new ones are a lot more detailed, but also with more washed-out highlights than the originals. In the rush of new things added in the first database uploads, I must have missed that.

Compare new and old textures:

muskox_grey.pngmuskox_greyold.png
playable Vrykul confirm!
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

It's good that the cave faerie was found. I'll still subject myself to torture for an orange deviate though if it means keeping its name!
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Yay!!
Lee
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Moonguard | Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Lee »

So I apologize, I took a very very long hiatus from WoW, missing almost all of Shadowlands... I saw some stuff about taming lesser dragonkin in the last few pages, and it is my understanding that the cloud serpents will be switched to this family upon prepatch.

I currently have cloud serpent taming unlocked. Upon the 10.0 patch, will I suddenly be unable to tame them without also having the specific Lesser Dragonkin taming book?
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Lee wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:20 pm So I apologize, I took a very very long hiatus from WoW, missing almost all of Shadowlands... I saw some stuff about taming lesser dragonkin in the last few pages, and it is my understanding that the cloud serpents will be switched to this family upon prepatch.

I currently have cloud serpent taming unlocked. Upon the 10.0 patch, will I suddenly be unable to tame them without also having the specific Lesser Dragonkin taming book?
The taming skill hasn’t changed a bit, just the family the cloud serpent belongs to, dragonkin taming is not required for cloud serpents, if you’ve tamed one in Shadowlands, it’s going to have both bite and claw when summoned