Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Re: Wishlist for Hunter Pet System Changes in 10.0

Unread post by ace_of_hearth »

CrankyClaw wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:30 am
ace_of_hearth wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:18 am
DannyGreen wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:22 pm

Just catch the pet again.
IDK how to tell you this but people change pets all the time according to their need. I want my pet to match my pet according to the content I'm playing. For example in catch the flag bG i would use a cunning with slow debuff pet and when i pve I use ferocity with defensive buff. Catching the pet again would not solve the issue of me wanting to match my pet on the go. AND the price of engineering stable is 500g per use in my Server so that is hell expensive. And last time I check this is the WISHLIST post not the bring other down post. So kind off keep your opinion to yourself cause it is unsolicited and very negative. Please stop patronizing me and other people.
Goodbye and end.
He wasn't patronizing you. You didn't explain your special needs and lack of gold in your first post. Perhaps learn engineering?

To that end, stables with 200 pets are part of the problem now. Back in my day, you had 5 pets, and one of those was only temp for learning pet talents.
why should I explain my need when this is the wishlist thread, not the explain thread? He WAS patronizing by assuming that I needed to learn to tame pets twice. AND farming the mats for engineering and then farm for the mats on ALL of my hunters? And you are patronizing too by suggesting something that you didn't think I has thought of before.

You are also patronizing me by stating that my wish is for my "special need". Seriously, they are so many hunters out there loved the Hati swap changer, and would use this glyph instantly if it is available. In fact, I personally had never met any max level Legion BM hunter that didn't swap their Hati appearance when it was possible. So it isn't a special need, so you can stop being so special too.

Seriously why are these people in this thread being patronizing in the make-a-wish thread? DId I ask you for an advice from you in this thread?
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I think the problem is we've gotten used to not needing much in the way of forum moderation. It's only fairly recently that we've had an influx of negativity.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

That's the problem, in a nutshell. We've had a pretty chill forum for a long time now, but lately there's been an increase in abrasive behaviour. Fortunately, it's still not much. We're not in any danger of becoming MMO-C forums or anything :P

Simply, chill. If you think someone's suggestion could be improved, then discuss. But there's no need to gatekeep, or point out that you thing a suggestion is trivial. Also, the devs aren't idiots, they're more than capable of deciding what's worth spending time on without anyone gatekeeping it. Assuming any members of the hunter team even read the suggestions here.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I've been playing ARK: Survival Evolved recently, and I figured I'd throw this out as a concept for challenge tames.

- Find rare beast you want to tame. It WILL instantly kill you when it attacks you, or at the very least leave you in severe pain.
- Use Wyvern Sting, but it doesn't immediately fall asleep. Instead, a meter appears above the beast.
- Wyvern Sting's cooldown is reduced to 1 second when used on these rare beasts.
- The meter fills at different speeds. The higher the meter's percent, the slower the beast moves.
- When the meter is full, the beast falls to the ground in a Play Dead manner, and has the sleeping ZZZ effect.
- Sleep duration is different for each rare beast. Pay attention to the sleep debuff's duration.
- Feed Pet can be used on the sleeping beast. Use Beast Lore to figure out its diet, and feed it appropriately.
- Similar to sedation, another meter shows feeding progress. Feed it to 100% before sedation wears off.
- If the beast wakes up, it will be 25% sedated still, and its feeding meter with slowly drain. Knock it out again just like before.
- If the feeding progress reaches 100% and it is still sedated, the beast can be tamed with Tame Beast. Small grace period of like 1 or 2 seconds if it wakes up during the tame.

Similar to Deth'tilac, it would require careful planning and situational awareness during the taming process. Rather than using your pet as a suicide bomber, it would instead be you leading the beast around until it's knocked out. You'd need to be able to outrun it for a while, which would be the hardest part of the process until the feeding part. It'd be a fun minigame for a select few pets. Not a permanent feature to use in every expansion, but just once like the tracking tames and the Fireland spider tames.
CrankyClaw

Unread post by CrankyClaw »

ace_of_hearth wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:20 am I hope we get a Glyph that would make Animal Companion talent to summon the same beast as the main active pet, named "Glyph of True Companion" or something. Instead of the first beast from the stable become the second pet, the glyph would make the summoned second pet, the same as the main active pet, be "<pet name>'s Mate or something.
I like this idea for one reason.. I could sell a lot of those as a scribe, and it would make an actual useful glyph, while most others are trash.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've deleted all posts containing indignations and personal recriminiations since my last post.

Post your ideas for hunter pet system changes here. Feel free to provide contructive comments, but do not in any way speculate on the nature or intentions of the poster or "players like them" or I'll have to lock this thread.

As it is, I have a bad feeling we're (once again) not going to see much in the way of pet changes for Dragonflight. I'm happy for Blizzard to prove me wrong, though.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

Swallow the shell.
Remove all specs and talents from pets.

There's no way to have any sort of ultimate Ballance in a game that involves numbers.
As it stands, the customisation of pets is barely there. It's been discussed to death if you don't agree then ignore this post. But I feel like I may have an actual solution for all.

Stances. Hunter and pet adopt a stance to attack as one, gaining benefits of their respective stance (inactive if pet dead)
Old school stances for hunters. Stance of the wolf, stance of the monkey, stance of the boar Hypothetical names.
Stance of the wolf.
Grants leech, Focus spending abilities reduces the CD of exhilaration and aspect of the tiger. grants BL
Stance of the monkey
Range increased by 3 yards, movement speed increased by 15% Reduces the cd of Masters call on focus spent.
Stance of the Boar
Increase stamina by 15% reduces damage taken by 15% focus spending abilities reduce the CD of aspect of the turtle while in this stance you can attack while in turtle. And grants (The current defensive whatever it is now) If palis, warriors, rogues, can attack during their defensive so can we.

All pets lose there special skills.
All pets now have cower (40% defensive) Themed around it. Turtle shell, hardened scales, dodging dust etc etc.
Pets gain a slow, healing debuff or blood of the rhino based on hunter stance.

You can then replace the exhilaration node on the tree with something like Increases the stances effects by 5-10% however you wish to balance it.

Pros:
Free switching
New skill to master which can be beneficial in raiding/pvp/world content
Free pet usage without the system
All pets are as viable as the next

Cons:
Pet's lose skills.
Pets can be seen as no longer unique.

Solution to the con.
Fuck em. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ As it stands, we don't really get the choice between pets since you're shoehorned into certain pets for certain optimal content. Clearly this doesn't apply if you want to play casually, no judgement, you do you.
This seems to be the only solution I can think of that would generally neutralise all pet disadvantages, while granting an easy solution to MM's lone wolf issues with no need to suicide a random ferocity pet for a lust macro.
Before people say BM should get an extra skill for pets, if there is an option for none combat related skills such as passive hp regen outside of combat or some sort of bonus to XYZ for each and every pet i'm all ears for it. It can't have anything to do with combat performance, or you end up with clefthooves 2.0
Only one I can think of is BM pets get all 3 bonuses from the stances (slow, mortal and blood)
Last edited by DannyGreen on Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

My ideas for non-exotic pet extra skills for BM Hunters:

Monkeys, Gorrilas , Mechanical pets should have lockpick as their extra bm skill.

Bird of Prey should give +15 to fishing and will automatically 'retrieve' our fish.

Hounds should +15 to archaeology and automatically retrieve our findings.

Crabs, Crocolisks and waterfowl should give underwater breathing and faster swimming.

Boars, Sporebat should be able to find mushroom and fungus for us (mage table)

Warpstalker can teleport us to Shattrah/Argus/Capital cities depending on where we tame them.
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

I wish they would remove mechanical pets and undead pets. Hunters are supposed to tame beasts, and mechanical pets are not beasts; they are automatons/constructs. Even when you use our detect NPCs skills, both undead and mechanical are not considered beasts. Undead pets are constructs, too. So, mechanical and undead pets are ruining the class fantasy.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

To be fair, "class fantasy" is something the dev team can change on a whim and never really has any staying power anyway. What we consider class fantasy is, sadly, our own headcanon. That said, I'm going to voice a respectful yet disapproving counter argument towards losing robots and undead. For undead, they're just undead versions of animals. It's not unusual to see them, especially after our extremely slow slog through the Shadowlands. Fewer going forward would be nice unless they're thematically involved, like zombie dragon mutants from another of Nefarian's labs, but total removal is something I'll disagree with. For mechanicals, they're a small subset that fit engineers perfectly. While not for everyone obviously, they're still a very much welcomed addition that gives us a fun bit of flavor while not being intrusive or too common. I mean, you don't see mechanical pets constantly anyway since they kind of suck, but they're still fun additions. They're also kind of the opposite of spirit beasts in a sense.

On the topic of spirit beasts however, I'm going to throw a wacky idea out there; current Spirit Beasts should be merged into their appropriate pet races (Loque in cat, Bullvinkel in stag, etc), and the concept of "Spirit Beast" should be changed to a cosmetic.
- After our escapades in the Shadowlands (or just reaching level 60 post-SL), stable masters have a new option.
- We can now turn our pets into soulshapes, giving them the visual effect of being translucent blue and having the flowing aurora trails.
- Eyes of the Beast gains a special new effect, but only for these soulshapes; teleport to our pet when canceling the spell. We see through our pet, so let us BE with our pet!
- This teleport is only available out of combat, outside of pvp, and outside of instances. Safe open world shenanigans only.
- If the soulshape visual is not to your liking, you can hide that effect by asking the stable master for a "more corporeal form", or something along those lines
- If the Night Fae blue visual doesn't match your Covenant choice, then you can also ask for red, green, and icy blue

On the negative side, BM loses one of the few unique things they have left. On the positive side, all specs get a new teleport option that's thematic with the Shadowlands that also acts as a fun way to get around when not doing real content.
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

Oh man, imagine if you take the teleport a step further.
Eyes of the hawk, lets you summon your beast into an eyes of the beast channel on it's targeted location.

Just super teleporting around HA!
I think it would probably need a decent CD to prevent abuse but that would be so fun.

Aaaaand my mind instantly goes into ways to troll people with it.
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

A toy version of this is long overdue.
https://www.wowhead.com/item=153510/int ... repository
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

I kinda wish our class halls from legion have portals to and from dragonflight hub. I just love the atmosphere from the lodge. :(
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

I hope Wind Drakes, Stone Drakes, Storm Drakes and Slithering Drakes become tamable!
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

I hope that the duration for the 'Shimmering Scale' ability for the 'Lesser Dragonkin' would last for at least 15-seconds, and would also give Lesser Dragonkin a 100% increased in the healing it received.
CrankyClaw

Unread post by CrankyClaw »

PorrasouxRex wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:35 am I kinda wish our class halls from legion have portals to and from dragonflight hub. I just love the atmosphere from the lodge. :(
Just give us a ClassHall Hearthstone, like the Garrison one.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

we have a dalaran hearthstone, so just an eagle flight away from the lodge!
bepples

Unread post by bepples »

WerebearGuy wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:17 pm On the negative side, BM loses one of the few unique things they have left.
Yeah they should remove all the pet stuff from SV that was stolen from BM.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

I feel like BM should be the melee-pet spec, and SV should be the bomb throwing gunner/tinker style trapper spec, would anyone would agree
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

NOOOOOOOO NO MELEE BM. No. No and no.