Wishlist for Hunter Pet System Changes in 10.0

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Wishlist for Hunter Pet System Changes in 10.0

Unread post by Ana »

I know I want barrage (best for solo farming), I know i want intimidation and bestial wrath.. this is the best i could do... but it feels... lacking

not sure this is the best spec but no idea how to get the best spec if i want the talents i like

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

seeing what it looks like when I concentrate on buffing my pet

https://www.wowhead.com/dragonflight-ta ... 6BEQUKgBBQ
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

This is the result if I went the full melee route
https://www.wowhead.com/dragonflight-ta ... VEMQ8CExBQ
Result of a potentially ranged SV spec
https://www.wowhead.com/dragonflight-ta ... UxDwEUMQBA
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

I still hate that things like Concussive shot, tranq and interupts are point buys.
Dont care what people say that aint mandatory. That's learning how to play your class.

I already can hear the amount of Mythic group complains of people who didn't invest in kick for 1% more aoe damage.
"DUDE KICK!"
"Don't have it lol"

Interupt tranq and basic slow like concussion and clip. should be baseline and the buy in should amplify the effect.

Improved Concussion shot Increase slow by 25%
Improved Tranq shot, Purge 1 additional effect off the target
Improved Interupt, Depending on class you could add flavour. Flashbangs your target disorientating them for 2 seconds.
DK interupt. Apply chains of frost to the target
Mage interupt, Brainfreeze's the target reducing casting speed of their next spell by 25% etc etc etc
Rogue kick, Hobble, reduces movement and attack speed for 5 seconds.
Lots you could do with it.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I think i use Concussion shot 0.001 % of the time when I solo play. That's to me is useless.
There is a lot of wasted buys imo.. I also never use tranq shots, fear beast or tartrap just to mention a few more. I dont need them . On tindomiriel I only go into grps if forced to. I mostly like to pve solo.
I agree interupts should be baselinie

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

There’s a few pets with slows, which could also work if you have no room for concussive shot, but no one would want to be stuck with a slowing pet, tranq shot and fear beast have never been used in my toolkits, and good thing camo and natural mending can be learned at the same time, hopefully they’ll change the talent trees a bit so we can have more different builds for each spec
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

I use tranq shot all the time. Maybe it's just me doing mythics n stuff, but if you dont have someone to tranq some mobs like enraged mobs you're dead.
I am lookin forward to camo though, that's gona be fun.
Concussive shot should just be built into main skills, since steadyshot increases its duration, that's useless on a BM/SV
It should increase based on other skills for them.
Personally i'd say. Everyone gets concussive/clip. And the point buy there applys Concussive/clip to aimed shot/Barbed shot/KC(sv)
Tar trap, eh. Not the best its useful but not really great outside of clusterfucks, I'd prefer caltrops back... Actually here's another idea. What if you can get 3 points in a skill, but you don't need 3 points to unlock the row, but the 3rd point is just more powerfull.
Improved traps, Reduce cooldown by 5/10/15 seconds Third point also upgrades traps effects turning tar into caltrops or rooting them for a second or two. Ice trap becomes diamond ice effect, Steel trap adds a second bleed stack.
That way people could hard focus builds and have a little more leeway to get more cool skills without having to hard focus stuff.

Anyway more me being an ideas monkey, but it is the wishlist section.
Doesn't have to be for every talent sometimes a flat damage is fine, but for some of the skills that feel under powered.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Im kinda fine with not having wingclip or concussion.. as said i dont use them at all.
I would love to see empowerment of pets without having to suffer in dps..

Boven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Concussive and tranq shot are kind of mandatory for mythic+ and raiding.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Boven wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:08 am Concussive and tranq shot are kind of mandatory for mythic+ and raiding.
I don't do either ;)

DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

I'm tryin to not come off like an asshole here, but words can come off that way in text, so i'll preface this comment by saying it's not meant to sound aggressive or insulting.

It's all well and good that you yourself don't use a skill, but it doesn't remove the fact that most people are relied on to handle these things. Ranged tranq's, interrupts, slows, stuns etc. If the group ends up wiping because an enraged mob get's you, or something that can be kited reaches you at full speed it then becomes your fault the wipe happened.

Learning how to kite and tranq effectively is key to mastering your class/spec.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

It makes no sense that casual hunters and raiding hunters are arguing here--it's apples and oranges. Yes of course, hunter talent trees should take into account high-end gameplay. I would argue though that a hunter pet forum isn't the crunchiest of places to have a serious discussion about it!
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Heh I did not mean to argue. I stay out from here on. :) I only play wow on and off so it all really doesnt matter in the long run for me :D

DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

I wasn't intending this to be an argument, so I apologise if I come off that way.
We agreed that Counter should be baseline etc. I'm pretty sure agreeing also concussive an tranq being baseline isn't to far-fetched of an assumption. Key kit stuff, not just hunters. For everyone who has it base. Shiv/mindfreeze/counterspell etc.

At the end of the day if people don't want to use the ability that's fine.
I'm more upset over things that I view as key gameplay things being stuck behind pointbuy on an already stretched tree. Forcing them to be bought at the cost of more class based skills is a bad thing.
Since when it comes down to it, the copy paste builds are just going to be more strict with less points to spend.
But again if i came off as aggressive on that, I do apologise to maria about that, completely unintentional.

If we're talking bout the pet side of it.
I think the pet side of the tree is ultimately useless.
Cept for maybe mend pet, if you want to go hard into pet tanking.
The 10% DR isn't really going to save your pet if they die in 5 hits, lasting 0.5 more isn't really going to be worth the 3 point investment when you could just get the misdirection mirror and use it as a stepping stool to get better skills.
Now if you swapped the Armor and mend pet on the tree, i'd me be more inclined to take it, since to get a good mend pet you need to invest 5 points to get the best version and all you get is a hyper situational skill, and 3 points to give your pet 90% damage reduction on misdirect. for 8 seconds every 30, a useful dungeon tool and access to a stun/knockback. Also explosive traps are hilarious on highpoints in pvp kek.

But again, this is a first draft, and we don't have any evidence of how well a pet CAN actually survive. If it's a case of pets being tanky again or being made of paper.

Bm gonna be really fun for pvp though that's for sure. Gona take ALL THE PET SUMMONS!
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I didnt see it as agressive at all :hug:
I never played bis so if I end up playing the new expansion I just go for what I like ;)

DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Oh yer absolutely. I'm super happy that they Camo. That's like one of my favourite skills.
Now i'm just hopin for fun pets!
STILL A CHANCE THEY WILL ALLOW PET SPECS OR PET TREE LET ME HUFF THE COPIUM!
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Old pet talent trees would be nice, also if u could choose their spec too. :mrgreen:

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Yes, let’s add pet talent trees and rather than having specs, let them have talent options and build a spec from the ground up ourselves to make our pets stand out from everyones
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Exactly, best of both worlds. They want to force tanky pets, then tank pets start with endurance training auto selected. Like other initial skills being picked on spec.

So you could technically have all 3 if you wana put the points in.
Bottom of the tree, has Lust, masters call, and an upgraded defensive. 20% DR doesn't seem like much really. But if it's easy to get a nice bonus wouldn't be to bad.

That's keeping it easy as possible, fill the trees with +% damage +% crit etc etc.
You know... This would actually benefit the far left of the hunter tree more, if you added stuff like the mend pet etc to the pet tree instead.
Could put in a bunch of exotic pet skills in there. And give BM an extra 5 points to spend in the pets tree so their pets are just better.
You don't exactly need to worry about pets being balanced at that point.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

We need to bring back some good talent abilities, lick my wounds from wotlk/cata for example and other utility