Unread post by worgpower »

At least allow dual wielding SV, I want to be a hunter like Rexxar
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Re: Wishlist for Hunter Pet System Changes in 10.0

Unread post by Maizou »

worgpower wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:34 pm At least allow dual wielding SV, I want to be a hunter like Rexxar
I understood why that wasn't allowed in Legion and BFA, but with Shadowlands bringing back 2h Frost, SMF, etc. where the animations don't match up with the weapons - there's no reason to not allow us to dual wield again. If the animations look weird, so be it, they look weird for 2h Frost, etc. too.
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

Just take away the weapon restrictions for abilities. Or transmog.
I hate having a cool weapon but i cant wear it, and a back piece at the same time.

CLIPPING IS OK BLIZZARD!
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by ace_of_hearth »

I wish that the Pet's Cure/Dispell ability that Bats, Rays, and Cranes have would be auto-cast-able.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

DannyGreen wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:10 pm Just take away the weapon restrictions for abilities. Or transmog.
I hate having a cool weapon but i cant wear it, and a back piece at the same time.

CLIPPING IS OK BLIZZARD!
This. This right here. You just gave me the best idea possible; An option to select a weapon as a cloak transmog. Literally every weapon, save for fists, has some kind of sheathed form. This would be absolutely revolutionary, though not exactly related to pets. It'd help make the hunter look cooler though!
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:46 am
DannyGreen wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:10 pm Just take away the weapon restrictions for abilities. Or transmog.

CLIPPING IS OK BLIZZARD!
This. This right here. You just gave me the best idea possible; An option to select a weapon as a cloak transmog. Literally every weapon, save for fists, has some kind of sheathed form. This would be absolutely revolutionary, though not exactly related to pets. It'd help make the hunter look cooler though!
YO DUDE! THAT'S FUCKING GENIUS!
I'd love to have some of the shields in game as a back piece! Holy crap dude. Get someone with community council priv to put that idea up.

I already have mogs running through my head
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

DannyGreen wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:21 pm
WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:46 am

CLIPPING IS OK BLIZZARD!
YO DUDE! THAT'S FUCKING GENIUS!
I'd love to have some of the shields in game as a back piece! Holy crap dude. Get someone with community council priv to put that idea up.

I already have mogs running through my head
This will ruin class fantasy and we can already play as paladins, warriors, shamans'; where we can all choose this class, and mog shield and it will be sheathed when not in combat.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Class fantasy has nothing to do with looks imo. You already has dresses/plate/leather/cloth/mail looking items from covenants/festivals/etc
Imo they should remove all tmog limits. Just let ppl wear what they want. You can still tame beasts if you go put on a cloth item, so why should tmog it remove class identity?
I never got that.
The more options the better.

Not playing WoW currently but that's just my take on it. I love the idea of wearing weapons on backs as mogs

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

I remember when hunters had to wear leather and cloth gear until level 40 when they could equip mail, same for other classes that had to start with mail and wait til a certain level to wear plate
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

I mean we could already wear those things like as a hunter, we can already wear cloths if you want. And we can wear different armour sets or weapons as in other classes, so I don't see the need to remove the tmog restriction. I feel you could just roll a paladin if you want to wear a shield. There's no iteration of WOW live that we can wear a shield, so there is no precedent of it; thus, it's not part of the class fantasy. We might have been able to wear a buckler in Alpha, but it was never made to live because wearing a shield as a hunter ruins the fantasy of an agile hunter.
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

If you can find a nice way to indicate classes of players in pvp then I'm not against it.

Maybe a nice alternative would simply just be adding more cosmetic sets into the game.
Unless it's specific tier raid sets, I don't think it'd be to bad to let people have dungeon or questing sets as cosmetic armours.
I have been wearing a cosmetic version of the BFA cloth helmet for a few years now. Pretty sure the giant dinosaur kind of gives away the fact i'm a hunter kek.

Gimme the back shield! I wana run around like master roshi with a turtle shell shield as my cloak. Or a giant battleaxe cloak. Maybe duel wielded axes on my hips as the cloak option while I swing my greatsword weapon master style. I love the idea.
If we're going into "Class fantasy" as an excuse. Then I should be able to duel wield like rexxar.
I think t the end of the day, your self expression is important. Because when all is said and done and you've beat the raids and got the mounts. It's all about looking dam good! I mean, you don't have to wear the new armor options if you don't want to but choice for others is never a bad thing.

Side note. I always fount it kinda stupid that a mage can wield, a sword but not an axe.
A hunter can wield a polearm/staff/axe/sword/dagger/etc ... But a blunt weapon is alien to them. Etc etc.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Final fantasy has a players class stated instead of their name when in Pvp. That to me is a perfect fix :D
So if you met me in a pvp you see hunter instead of Tindomiriel (my hunters name)

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Well then, if we are going to go on full any tmog should be able be tmog to a full Tee, LET ALL NIGHT ELF CAN WEAR WAR GLAIVES AND TAUREN USE FREAKING TOTEMS AS WEAPONS!
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Maria wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:47 am Final fantasy has a players class stated instead of their name when in Pvp. That to me is a perfect fix :D
So if you met me in a pvp you see hunter instead of Tindomiriel (my hunters name)
You might want to do something like...
Human Warrior 1
Since if there's more than 1 warrior it could be difficult to call shots.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

true.. but its unlikely that all dress alike.. i never experience hard to tell ppl apart in ff14. its just "shoot the pink rouge" "kill the white mage in the red dress" etc :D

Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo/Eitrigg

Unread post by Bambu »

I need more stable slots. I have 250 rare and/or unique pets I don't even use, I just can't abandon because of their scarcity. I ended up making another hunter just so I could tame more.