Dragonflight Mounts

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Dragonflight Mounts

Unread post by Wain »

I've just spent the last few days getting model shots for all the mounts in the Dragonflight database.

Tomorrow, I hope to add entries for each to Warcraft Mounts, including all the unused looks (within reason! I'm not going to add entries for 100s of unused geoset variations!). I'll post again once I get a preliminary model guide up.

I'll include official names from the game database where they're listed, but I'll probably hold off on adding sources for a while. The game's mount database still has many gaps and uncertainties, especially pertaining to sources. Even many of the names are currently generic placeholders. It's still Alpha, after all!

I also haven't added the new "dragonriding" zone mounts yet. They're super-configurable, so it's impossible to display all their possible appearance variations. I'll have to think on how best to present them, but I haven't had time yet. I'll probably just display a few possible variations for each.

DFMountsTweet1.png
DFMountsTweet1.png (1.96 MiB) Viewed 1124 times
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Dragonflight Mounts

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Excellent job, Wain! I'm sure that it'll be great once it is complete :)
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

The armoredon better be used, it looks impressive as a wild creature and a mount
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Looking forward to it! Honestly, I don't know that the dragonriding mounts really fit in with the rest of the mounts. Are they in the mount UI? Maybe just have a special page on the website that gives relevant information on the dragonriding mounts?
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I suggest "cheating" a little with the Dragonriding mounts. Wait for Wowhead to make a proper guide with all the looks, and then link that on the Dragonriding mounts. Something like "These mounts are highly configurable, coming in several colors and having many different features. See the Wowhead guide on Dragonriding customization here for a comprehensive guide on how to unlock each appearance."

Assuming Wowhead gets a good guide, of course.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

WerebearGuy wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:54 pm I suggest "cheating" a little with the Dragonriding mounts. Wait for Wowhead to make a proper guide with all the looks, and then link that on the Dragonriding mounts. Something like "These mounts are highly configurable, coming in several colors and having many different features. See the Wowhead guide on Dragonriding customization here for a comprehensive guide on how to unlock each appearance."

Assuming Wowhead gets a good guide, of course.
Yeah, I'll probably do something like that.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I now have an unpolished version of the Dragonflight mount model guide up.

https://www.warcraftmounts.com/dragonflightmodels.php

I won't add site links to it until I've prettied it up somewhat, but at least the basics are there, and you can see all the mount models so far (excluding the zone drakes, which do appear in the mount spellbook). I'll work on the special zone drakes next!
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

awesome! can't wait for the skitterflies, slugs, and snails
Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Nice work! :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Wain wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:39 am I now have an unpolished version of the Dragonflight mount model guide up.

https://www.warcraftmounts.com/dragonflightmodels.php

I won't add site links to it until I've prettied it up somewhat, but at least the basics are there, and you can see all the mount models so far (excluding the zone drakes, which do appear in the mount spellbook). I'll work on the special zone drakes next!
Looks great, Wain :)
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Dragonfly Riding @25 renown with Dragonscale Expedition!