Tarantula issues

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Tarantula issues

Unread post by Wain »

Tarantulas still have model issues in Dragonflight: there's still an orange glow that shouldn't be there, and the hairs on the abdomen are still missing.

This is almost certainly the result of someone messing with the model to create the new magma tarantula - an activity that seems totally unnecessary, as there's already a separate lava tarantula model they could have messed with to make a new one.

I've reported the bug a couple of times since Alpha began, but it's so far not been addressed

Live:

TarantulaSide-Live.png
TarantulaSide-Live.png (647.19 KiB) Viewed 1551 times

Beta:

TarantulaSide-Beta.png
TarantulaSide-Beta.png (753.79 KiB) Viewed 1551 times

Live:

TarantulaFront-Live.png
TarantulaFront-Live.png (739 KiB) Viewed 1551 times

Beta:

TarantulaFront-Beta.png
TarantulaFront-Beta.png (852.38 KiB) Viewed 1551 times
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Re: Tarantula issues

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

That spider's just putting on a lot of gel to impress and compensate in front of his prom date, cut the poor fella some slack!

Jokes aside, that's...pretty abominable. That's an intern-level mistake. Someone must've made a shader, tried saving it, and accidentally overwote the one that all spiders use instead of making a new one. There's no way the art department would make such a grave error and think "Nah, it's fine."
Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Zoruaronan »

Honestly I'm pretty sure this is a minor bug atm and its probably going to get fixed later down the road or when Dragonflight Releases, Cause I'm sure blizzard wouldn't just leave this in the game as it is.

Though if you ask me, While yes the glow shouldn't be there, I think it makes me want pearlescent/shiny Tarantulas now, I think they would look really pretty and considering i remember something about a chromatic red tarantula on Wowhead, I wouldn't mind seeing a Pearlescent set of foozy spooders in game.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

even if it's a relatively minor bug, I'm glad Wain's bringing attention to it as it's the sort of thing a lot of folks probably wouldn't notice or care about

I have a heavy spider bias of course, but I hope they get fixed as soon as possible, I don't want them to be missing their adorable soft fluff!
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by ace_of_hearth »

It has that plastic feel as the new Protodrakes and Icy Spiders. I kind of love it.