NEW PET FAMILY LESSER DRAGONKIN!!!!!!!!!!

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Re: NEW PET FAMILY LESSER DRAGONKIN!!!!!!!!!!

Unread post by worgpower »

WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:09 pm I'll throw my NEVER EVER in the mix and say that I want tameable Proto-Drakes. Of course, that's not going to happen since 80% of the current projected villain line is proto-drakes, but still. I want to have a matching set of pets to go with my Time-Lost Proto-Drake mount.
I used to want proto drakes until I found out they are sentient and aid galakrond and the primalists
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

Definitely hype for any user of drake skeleton if possible.
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

If you gotta give them a special unique move for dragons.
Why not a breath attack.

As for some dragons The ones is ardenwield or however you say it. I still want protodrakes. BUT It'd be really cool if they sprinkled some challenge tames round the world for us.
Long as they cool and scary.
"Lesser dragonkin" could be anything from things that kinda just looks like dragons. To dragons of a lesser quality or purity. WHO KNOWS?! But all we can say is, they are looking into new pet stuff now so that's nice.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

PorrasouxRex wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:21 pm Definitely hype for any user of drake skeleton if possible.
Soul eaters, my biggest dream, which better come true this xpac
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

Would frostwyrms still be greater dragonkin?
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

PorrasouxRex wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:56 pm Would frostwyrms still be greater dragonkin?
Yes unfortunately
magepower13
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Azjol-Nerub

Unread post by magepower13 »

This is so exciting! I second the request for Sprite Darters to be flagged tameable in this family as well. Fingers crossed.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Not to be that guy, but sprite darters are sort of sentient, maybe I’m wrong, but I’d also like one, they’d be wow’s first tameable chameleons
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Sentience isn't a limiting factor. EVERYTHING we can tame is sentient, save for most of the mechanicals. Sentience is simply the capability to feel and perceive. Sapience is the thing to avoid, since that's wisdom, a sense of self, and all that other jazz the worst animal on Earth has. As for sprite darters, not all of them are sapient. It's the same with cloud serpents; the majority of them that we can tame are just wild animals, with only two confirmed sapient examples in Tsulong and Nalak. If it ain't capable of speaking to us, it's fair game. Since it's all fictional, I'm all for taming sapient things too. Limit the evils to the digital world and never bring them outside of the monitor, but let me tame smart things too!
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by ace_of_hearth »

worgpower wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:13 pm
ace_of_hearth wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:12 pm
worgpower wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:05 pm I think the ability is very useful because in DF a lot of the npcs/dragons have magic based abilities, and your dragonkin can easily tank them, since these pets are ferocity, their health will stay higher, so it will rarely occur, but the visual is very cool
So it is situational because it's only useful in the Dragon Isle and not in other zones.
Many creature types you encounter throughout the game are magic types, so it can be worth the try
You are overestimating the word many here. First of all magic types refers to Battle Pets; they aren't exactly 'magic' type npcs that we fight unless you consider Pet Battle.

Let's first take a look at the NPCs we usually fight. They usually use physical melee damage. The only magic damage users are casters. Let's say you are levelling in Westfall; the only casters there are the Defias Pillagers, Murloc Casters and Gnoll Casters; that's less than 10% of enemies you would engage in combat there. And even if you face them, even NPC casters have CDs to their abilities, which would be useful, but alas, Shimmering Scale only last for 8 sec.

Ok, let's dissect the skill. I don't know the CD of the 'Shimmering Scale' ability, but most defensive Pet Abilities would have 2-3 minute CD, so let's say it is a 2-minute CD that lasts for 8 sec. Let's say you are fighting with a Dreadlord in ZM, which can cast Carrion Swarm. Carrion Swarm is usually cast around every 9-15 seconds per battle. Let's say you are fighting the Dreadlord, and it hits your pet with a Carrion Swarm, which would usually damage around 2/3 of your pet's health, and then only the 'Shimmering Scale' ability is activated; this would mean for the next 8 seconds, it will still fight the Dreadlord with 1/3 of the pet's HP, while the Dreadlord would only use the physical melee attack. After the 8-second ends, Shimmering Scale would not have mitigated any damage because it does not mitigate Melee Damage. However, after the 9th second, the Dreadlord would cast Carrion Swarm again, and your pet just dies because it had used its Shimmering Scale and is on CD.

To make Shimmering Scale remotely applicable, I see it as it is to increase its duration to 15-30 seconds and its cooldown made into between 20-45 MAX because it only mitigates niche damage and lets it be VERY useful when we need it. I personally would love it to be a skill with a 30-second duration and a 25-45 second cooldown tbh.

I also firmly believe that the 'Shimmering Scale' ability should give a 100% bonus increase in healing received to Lesser Dragonkin. So for me, the ideal form of the ability would be to last for 15%, absorbs 75% magical damage and grant a 100% healing bonus received with a cooldown of between 30-60 second MAX if we get the healing bonus for our pet.

Thanks for listening to my TED TALK, don't @me.
Last edited by ace_of_hearth on Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I think absorb shields would be nice for hunter pets
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by ace_of_hearth »

worgpower wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:43 am I think absorb shields would be nice for hunter pets
I AGREE 100% A mini version of Fleshcraft?
Ivierette
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Ivierette »

BRUH https://www.wowhead.com/news/upcoming-c ... ing-328780

"Lesser Dragonkin
As some of you may have noticed, there’s a new pet family you can tame creatures from, the Lesser Dragonkin.
Lesser Dragonkin are a Ferocity pet.
Lesser Dragonkin have a new pet family ability, Shimmering Scales. This reduces your pet’s magic damage taken by 70% for 8 seconds, on a 90 second cooldown.
Cloud Serpents have had their pet family changed from Serpents to Lesser Dragonkin, but the ability to tame Cloud Serpents has not been changed in any way.
Lesser Dragonkin taming is currently planned to be a reward from the Valdrakken faction.
Lesser Dragonkin includes creatures like the new Hornswogs from Dragonflight, or the Feathered Drakes in Ardenweald, or even some of the Faerie Dragons in places like Feralas."

FAERIE DRAGONS
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

MAN!
I am pumped for the Hornswogs and feather drakes.
I am gona be pumped if I can catch the Faerie dragons from draenor. THE BIG ONES!
Also FUCK YER FEROCITY! Makes em usable!
CrankyClaw

Unread post by CrankyClaw »

A rep reward is fine, but it's probably gonna be way up that rep grind.. :lol:
CrankyClaw

DannyGreen wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:00 pm Also FUCK YER FEROCITY! Makes em usable!
Ferocity is usable.

I'll do some testing on beta once we get max level characters, but for leveling, I haven't had an issue yet using Ferocity solo, or Cunning.
CrankyClaw

ace_of_hearth wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:35 am To make Shimmering Scale remotely applicable, I see it as it is to increase its duration to 15-30 seconds and its cooldown made into between 20-45 MAX because it only mitigates niche damage and lets it be VERY useful when we need it. I personally would love it to be a skill with a 30-second duration and a 25-45 second cooldown tbh.
@ace

So.. you want the most OP pet ever?

The niche damage type does limit their usability, and magic is an odd choice. Can't see where I'd ever really worry about it, unless it was some rare or raid boss.

The fix really is to add a lower damage reduction for other types... say 30% reduction for all other spell damage, or something like that.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Ivierette wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:54 pm BRUH https://www.wowhead.com/news/upcoming-c ... ing-328780

"Lesser Dragonkin
As some of you may have noticed, there’s a new pet family you can tame creatures from, the Lesser Dragonkin.
Lesser Dragonkin are a Ferocity pet.
Lesser Dragonkin have a new pet family ability, Shimmering Scales. This reduces your pet’s magic damage taken by 70% for 8 seconds, on a 90 second cooldown.
Cloud Serpents have had their pet family changed from Serpents to Lesser Dragonkin, but the ability to tame Cloud Serpents has not been changed in any way.
Lesser Dragonkin taming is currently planned to be a reward from the Valdrakken faction.
Lesser Dragonkin includes creatures like the new Hornswogs from Dragonflight, or the Feathered Drakes in Ardenweald, or even some of the Faerie Dragons in places like Feralas."

FAERIE DRAGONS
I’m excited for what’s to come now, but they’re still missing soul eaters, but the most important thing is we have a source, through rep grinding, at least we know now
Clayford13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Korgath

Unread post by Clayford13 »

Blizzard. Please. Let my dream finally come true.
Attachments
305996937_1490814064673133_6576796172685871270_n.jpg
305996937_1490814064673133_6576796172685871270_n.jpg (195.04 KiB) Viewed 3910 times
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Clayford13 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:51 pm Blizzard. Please. Let my dream finally come true.
I really wish the fey drakes from draenor also had attackable npcs, but fey dragons and drakes will be wow’s first tameable chameleons