NEW PET FAMILY LESSER DRAGONKIN!!!!!!!!!!

DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Re: NEW PET FAMILY LESSER DRAGONKIN!!!!!!!!!!

Unread post by DannyGreen »

CrankyClaw wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:46 pm
DannyGreen wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:00 pm Also FUCK YER FEROCITY! Makes em usable!
Ferocity is usable.

I'll do some testing on beta once we get max level characters, but for leveling, I haven't had an issue yet using Ferocity solo, or Cunning.
That's why I said fuck yer!
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

worgpower wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:56 pm I really wish the fey drakes from draenor also had attackable npcs, but fey dragons and drakes will be wow’s first tameable chameleons
https://www.wowhead.com/npc=82207/faebright
I GOTCHU BRO!

Also I think we could probably work some wiggly finger bullshit to make alliance hostile to alliance. Maybe with some cross faction party stuff. Not sure how it would work but nature finds a way.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

DannyGreen wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:33 am
worgpower wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:56 pm I really wish the fey drakes from draenor also had attackable npcs, but fey dragons and drakes will be wow’s first tameable chameleons
https://www.wowhead.com/npc=82207/faebright
I GOTCHU BRO!

Also I think we could probably work some wiggly finger bullshit to make alliance hostile to alliance. Maybe with some cross faction party stuff. Not sure how it would work but nature finds a way.
This NPC appears to use a saddled model which changes colors, if blizzard makes it tameable, they can make it spawn as one of three random colors without the saddle of course, that’s my best idea
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by ace_of_hearth »

CrankyClaw wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:55 pm
ace_of_hearth wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:35 am To make Shimmering Scale remotely applicable, I see it as it is to increase its duration to 15-30 seconds and its cooldown made into between 20-45 MAX because it only mitigates niche damage and lets it be VERY useful when we need it. I personally would love it to be a skill with a 30-second duration and a 25-45 second cooldown tbh.
@ace

So.. you want the most OP pet ever?

The niche damage type does limit their usability, and magic is an odd choice. Can't see where I'd ever really worry about it, unless it was some rare or raid boss.

The fix really is to add a lower damage reduction for other types... say 30% reduction for all other spell damage, or something like that.
pfft it wouldn't be the most OP pet ever. The most op peyt ever would be a resto druid.
Cozzene
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Cozzene »

worgpower wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:14 pm
WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:09 pm I'll throw my NEVER EVER in the mix and say that I want tameable Proto-Drakes. Of course, that's not going to happen since 80% of the current projected villain line is proto-drakes, but still. I want to have a matching set of pets to go with my Time-Lost Proto-Drake mount.
I used to want proto drakes until I found out they are sentient and aid galakrond and the primalists
Did I miss a retcon about Northrend protodrakes being primal beasts that lack any sentience? Because that's a thing I feel like gets ignored (and would make sense being ignored if it was retconned).
Edit; we can actually tame a number of mobs that are self-aware and capable of speech, in some cases. Of course lack of consistency is something I almost think they pride themselves on at this point.
Further edit; if dragon mounts aren't an issue (from "they are willingly carrying us" to "we abuse them into it", I've seen a lot of lore/RP reasons get tossed around) I'm annoyed that dragon pets are. "Carry me around" is fine, but "help me fight this Big Bad trying to destroy our planet" isn't, somehow.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

can't wait to have my dragonkin Fetch :)
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

I'm gon have a dragon. If i can get a big one, Im gon name him Glitterbutt

The whole sentience argument i dont think will ever have a solid answer.
We already have them for random mounts, keep them caged up with the horses in draenor. Kidnap the babies to fight other baby dragons for fun.
And other than the robots who can talk etc. Pretty sure there are tons of creatures smarter than your average player kek.
The question becomes.
What do you the player define as sentience compared to what the game defines as sentience.

If it's being able to talk?
Is it being aware they are on human level intellect?
Is it being aware of their actions?
Or is it just the dragons that have reached the level of intellect that can allow them to turn into people.
Cos each of these criteria except for the last, removes many tameable pets from the list.
I think, I might be missing a tameable that can turn into a person.
PorrasouxRex
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by PorrasouxRex »

There was that wolf we could tame that at low health turned into a worgen, and that was before we had it as a race. Now, who knows if that was just an oversight but just one example of a pet that COULD form change into a humanoid.

Also, would be awesome if we could tame netherdrakes AND nether dragons in netherstorm, although those are technically kids of death wing in outland, so still part of the dragonflight right?
"The arrogance of man is thinking that nature is in our control, and not the other way around."

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

PorrasouxRex wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:47 pm There was that wolf we could tame that at low health turned into a worgen, and that was before we had it as a race. Now, who knows if that was just an oversight but just one example of a pet that COULD form change into a humanoid.

Also, would be awesome if we could tame netherdrakes AND nether dragons in netherstorm, although those are technically kids of death wing in outland, so still part of the dragonflight right?
Yeah they are corrupted black dragons that took in these energies, but I’m still crossing my fingers for a tameable unarmored feywing
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

I still think that the 'Shimmering Scale' ability should last for at least 15 sec, and also, it would grant at least a 50% increase in healing received, besides the reduction of Magic Damage it would recieve. The CD can stay at 90 sec.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

The most important part for me is that it’s ferocity, pet abilities don’t usually matter, except for defense and dodge in a few situations, but the predator’s thirst keeps its health up, I ran with vexis for most of 9.2 and his health stayed high most of the time, and still having high hopes for chromaggus to move families cuz he’s a straight up dragon experiment, and he won’t be exotic no more
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Personally i'd say, give it a secondary effect, hardening scales. Which reduces physical damage taken by 70%
That way it's got one of each it could bounce off of.
Two defensives, for specific situations. Know what defensive to pop at what time.

Or add an absorb to it as a passive. 30% of all magic damage received is added as a heal over time.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

worgpower wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:01 pm The most important part for me is that it’s ferocity, pet abilities don’t usually matter, except for defense and dodge in a few situations, but the predator’s thirst keeps its health up, I ran with vexis for most of 9.2 and his health stayed high most of the time, and still having high hopes for chromaggus to move families cuz he’s a straight up dragon experiment, and he won’t be exotic no more
I hate that there's people actively fighting us at trying to get them to let us respec our pets, saying it gives us "reason to use certain pet families" - no, it doesn't. It just means we can't use 66% of the pets we have in PvE and a different 66% in PvP.

Then they cherry pick certain fights where Tenacity is good only for Survival to reduce big chunk damage for the healers. MEanwhile, in 99% of fights, Ferocity will always do more.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Tenacity is not what it used to be, it’s a tank spec and they made it similar to the other two, this type of pet could of generated easy threat and be the go to for solo situations, people fight since ferocity is the new “tank spec”, and have less families and cool looks than the other families from the other specs, since I’m a SV hunter, and have a mastery that heals, I can possibly try to run with a tenacity pet
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Tenacity... The tank spec that can't tank.

Seriously, the leech from pets does a better job keeping a pet up than the hp buff.

Saying "Oh well i use cunning in pvp" is a stupid argument. Because it would be great to use other pets you like in pvp. If you give them an option to change spec.
You can use both a raptor AND a carrion bird in pvp.
I duno I've never seen a situation where Tenacity is superior. Unless you want to pop your defensive for a immunity phase. But at that point you lost out on all the leech heals while it's not active. Or if you only have your defensive pet out for that. You're standing still dismissing the pet. That passive hp boost isn't really worth a dam If the 20% DR was permanent... Then we can talk.
But as it stands, Leech is best.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Tenacity pets actually used to be able to tank current content in grps with growl off. Even bosses. .. but that's a no go..hard to even solo elite mobs.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Maria wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:58 pm Tenacity pets actually used to be able to tank current content in grps with growl off. Even bosses. .. but that's a no go..hard to even solo elite mobs.
Tenacity's issues were fixed in 9.1.

They take as much damage as other pets now, not more like before. But they still aren't best for soloing because the heal from leech will always do more.

I still say they should bring back Wrath abilities.

Rabid for Ferocity, Heart of the Phoenix for Tenacity, Roar of Sacrifice for Cunning, etc. Make them have clear roles - Tenacity for Tanking. Ferocity for group PvE. Cunning for PvP. Go hard into that, and allow us to respec.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Maizou wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:15 pm
Maria wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:58 pm Tenacity pets actually used to be able to tank current content in grps with growl off. Even bosses. .. but that's a no go..hard to even solo elite mobs.
Tenacity's issues were fixed in 9.1.

They take as much damage as other pets now, not more like before. But they still aren't best for soloing because the heal from leech will always do more.

I still say they should bring back Wrath abilities.

Rabid for Ferocity, Heart of the Phoenix for Tenacity, Roar of Sacrifice for Cunning, etc. Make them have clear roles - Tenacity for Tanking. Ferocity for group PvE. Cunning for PvP. Go hard into that, and allow us to respec.
Definitely that, if anything tenacity should have leech or blood of the rhino to make it a viable pet tanking spec, while ferocity gets something else a bit more attack based
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I just played with my cloud serpent on beta and I found out it’s the best pet(for now) on SV hunter. The reason it is the best because it has good use with coordinated assault since it still has both bite and claw. Since coordinated assault uses pet basic attacks to increase bomb and kill shot damage, it makes the pet so superior and fun. It uses bite when claw is on cooldown and vice versa, so if your playing sv with coordinated assault, use a cloud serpent
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

worgpower wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:58 am I just played with my cloud serpent on beta and I found out it’s the best pet(for now) on SV hunter. The reason it is the best because it has good use with coordinated assault since it still has both bite and claw. Since coordinated assault uses pet basic attacks to increase bomb and kill shot damage, it makes the pet so superior and fun. It uses bite when claw is on cooldown and vice versa, so if your playing sv with coordinated assault, use a cloud serpent
That sounds like a bug tbh