NEW PET FAMILY LESSER DRAGONKIN!!!!!!!!!!

Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

NEW PET FAMILY LESSER DRAGONKIN!!!!!!!!!!

Unread post by Talihawk »

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

I just hopped onto the new Beta, My Cloud Serpents have a new ICON and new FAMILY! Lesser Dragonkin.

I think I may cry with joy if this goes in the direction I hope it does! and it's FEROCITY. YYYYEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !

New ability:

It reads " The Lesser Dragonkin’s scales shimmer, reducing magical damage taken by 70% for 8 seconds. "
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: NEW PET FAMILY LESSER DRAGONKIN!!!!!!!!!!

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'm here to hype up HORNSWOG TAMING POTENTIAL because instead of the default error "This creature is not tameable" they now give me "You do not know how to tame dragonkin" which, to me, all but confirms they will be tameable once we find the source of this skill.
Attachments
Image1.png
Image1.png (477.7 KiB) Viewed 9093 times
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

SOMEBODY PINCH ME, REALLY!!
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I’m so excited I compiled a list of what’s to come
-wilderlings
-hornswogs
-vorquins
-soul eaters
-razorwings
-mana and arcane wyrms(hopefully)
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I would like to note that it's probably too early to know everything with this build, as even the hornswogs are inconsistent with the taming messages.

Vorquin just gave me the flat "this creature cannot be tamed", but I only tried one type.

Note that even these two red hornswogs are different, so I think it's safe to say there's still additional taming passes to be done, but doesn't hurt to look around anyway! The new dragonkin message is a pretty good clue at least.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_090722_205922.png
WoWScrnShot_090722_205922.png (604.92 KiB) Viewed 9074 times
Talihawk
Petopia Artist

I am sooooo HYPED. I'm checking some old world content, so far no luck. Did the Wilderlings give you the 'you don't know how to tame' or a different error? I think I got 'this isn't tameable'.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

...I hope the Sprite Darters are included.

There's also the Enchanted Fae Dragon (the mount) that are in Shadowmoon in WoD.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist

I've checked a bunch of the old world critters, so far nothing is showing up as 'you don't know how' . I've checked the noodle-wolf, the fae dragons, veilwings, proto drakes, and the not currently tameable cloud serpents (diff colors) so far no dice.. but it's still only beta so there's time!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It's a weird hodgepodge of a family, isn't it? An oriental dragon and a horned toad (and maybe a kirin? I'm not sure).

I can say (or at least I hope it's ok with me saying) that cloud serpents are exempt from whatever the taming skill is, because they already have their own and it would be horribly unfair to suddenly exclude those tames from lower level players.

Now to work out where the taming skill comes from...

I don't see any new items in Wowhead this build that seem like they'd teach it. FYI, all items that were added in the new build are here.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

As I don't want to mess up current Petopia usage, I'm going to leave Cloud Serpents where they are for now.

I've added the new family: https://www.wow-petopia.com/family.php? ... rdragonkin

I've added hornswogs to it, but that's all currently.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Zetsoban

Unread post by Zetsoban »

Talihawk wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:54 am I've checked a bunch of the old world critters, so far nothing is showing up as 'you don't know how' . I've checked the noodle-wolf, the fae dragons, veilwings, proto drakes, and the not currently tameable cloud serpents (diff colors) so far no dice.. but it's still only beta so there's time!
Maybe Chromaggus is worth checking out?
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by ace_of_hearth »

worgpower wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:42 pm I’m so excited I compiled a list of what’s to come
-wilderlings
-hornswogs
-vorquins
-soul eaters
-razorwings
-mana and arcane wyrms(hopefully)
OMG WHATABOUT THE FAIRY DRAGON IN WOD OMGOMG
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by ace_of_hearth »

TBH I hope Dragonkin has family members beyond its own group; like would be cool if some of the dragonkins are considered as feathermane, such as the dragons in Ardenweald. Or least give Updraft to all Lesser Dragonkin PLS BLIZZ <3 ILOVEU
Tsukina
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shen'dralar

Unread post by Tsukina »

I hope they do this and also order things. Chomagus and Chimaeron enter the new family.

PS: And that El Kurken passes to puppies.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Maybe dragonkin taming will be like undead taming, and the hunter pets can be in multiple families?
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I'm happy that Cloud Serpents are finally dragons. It took long enough for them to be recognized as such. It's even better that they are ferocity, because that makes them useful. Now the real question; CAN WE FINALLY TAME THE NEUTRAL ONES FLYING AROUND? I'm ready to tame a normal green cloud serpent already.

EDIT: Nope, still friendly. Nice of them to continue forgetting about the rest of the cloud serpents lol.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

wooo boy take a break for a minute and come back to this? feel like I missed a memo if these froggybois are dragons :lol:

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I think Arcane wyrms and possibly mama wyrms, especially the new ones, are very dragonlike through their ghostly appearance, arcane wyrms used to be dragonkin themselves until patch 5.1 when classed as serpents, I wonder if chrommaggus or chimaeron will be moved, or if razorwings and soul eaters will be added since they’re very dragonlike
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I think that what will be in the family are things that are some how influenced by the Dragons rather than if they use the same rigging as a Dragon.

That said, I am hoping that they keep Cloud Serpents where they are or give them a family specific to them. The current problem is that once the xpac comes out, you won’t be able to tame them anymore until you unlock the ability to do so, which could be tied to the new reps.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

You raise a good point about taming them. Requiring a maxed out reputation and (insert dragonkin taming source here) causes the limited number of Cloud Serpents to be even more of a grind to tame. If you can tame a cloud serpent, you should be able to tame other "lesser" dragonkin. That, or just cut the limitation on taming lesser dragonkin right now while it's still a growing bud in the garden.