NEW PET FAMILY LESSER DRAGONKIN!!!!!!!!!!

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: NEW PET FAMILY LESSER DRAGONKIN!!!!!!!!!!

Unread post by Valnaaros »

WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:38 am You raise a good point about taming them. Requiring a maxed out reputation and (insert dragonkin taming source here) causes the limited number of Cloud Serpents to be even more of a grind to tame. If you can tame a cloud serpent, you should be able to tame other "lesser" dragonkin. That, or just cut the limitation on taming lesser dragonkin right now while it's still a growing bud in the garden.
Personally, it should either be made like the Undead taming or just remove it. As far as I can tell, there isn’t anything particularly special about Hornswogs or Vorquin that make them harder to take than anything else on the Dragon Isles. If a Hornswog is considered a Dragonkin because it has horns and dragon scales, then so should be Beavers, Rams, Ottuks, and a few others there, since they each have draconian features.

Further, why do you need to have a special tome or whatever to tame a draconian stag, but you can tame a Phoenix or bear infused with ice elemental energy without anything extra?
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

I guess they figure we like that kind of hoop jumping? I'd rather we get something like Gara's quest line than just a tome but eh. I'm just estatic that Cloud Serpents are finally Ferocity and don't insta-die. I took one to ZM to do some testing and while it's still no clefthoof, it stood up as well as my unicorn often does. So that's a great change.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Talihawk wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:03 pm I guess they figure we like that kind of hoop jumping? I'd rather we get something like Gara's quest line than just a tome but eh. I'm just estatic that Cloud Serpents are finally Ferocity and don't insta-die. I took one to ZM to do some testing and while it's still no clefthoof, it stood up as well as my unicorn often does. So that's a great change.
That goes back to the problem with pet families right now. The system needs to be fixed rather than us hoping that, maybe, a pet will be put into another family that is Ferocity.
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by ace_of_hearth »

Valnaaros wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:05 pm
Talihawk wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:03 pm I guess they figure we like that kind of hoop jumping? I'd rather we get something like Gara's quest line than just a tome but eh. I'm just estatic that Cloud Serpents are finally Ferocity and don't insta-die. I took one to ZM to do some testing and while it's still no clefthoof, it stood up as well as my unicorn often does. So that's a great change.
That goes back to the problem with pet families right now. The system needs to be fixed rather than us hoping that, maybe, a pet will be put into another family that is Ferocity.
The current system is fine tbh. The Cloud Serpent would probably be the exception of the family, which requires only the tome from the faction, and others within it might be tamable in different ways. Th hunter community can figure them out, and it's not like we need to have our hands held to learn how to tame pets. There are a lot of resources out there.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Just tested on the beta, apparently, lesser dragonkin have both claw and bite, hopefully which ever one fits better for the family stays
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I just hope we don't need to farm a thousand unde-I mean dragons for a rare drop again. I want a static source that's guaranteed to be there, like the gargon tome.
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

Well I mean it's dragonisle. We'll probably be killing thousands of dragons anyway.
I'm gonna make a bet and say it's a drop from a dungeon maybe?

Here's hoping ferocity so they are usable!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:44 pm I just hope we don't need to farm a thousand unde-I mean dragons for a rare drop again. I want a static source that's guaranteed to be there, like the gargon tome.
And that it can be found in Beta. The undead tome being made so that it wouldn’t drop until the game went Live wasn’t a good idea.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

DannyGreen wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:02 pm Well I mean it's dragonisle. We'll probably be killing thousands of dragons anyway.
I'm gonna make a bet and say it's a drop from a dungeon maybe?

Here's hoping ferocity so they are usable!
No item has been datamined yet for Dragonkin or Ottuks. It is quite possible that it could be tied to rep, which for this xpac works like the Renown system, which means that you can only get so much Renown a week.
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

worgpower wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:43 pm Just tested on the beta, apparently, lesser dragonkin have both claw and bite, hopefully which ever one fits better for the family stays
Bite would be the best option because Cloud Serpent legs are too short and if we want legless Arcane Manawyrm to be Dragonkins as well. Or maybe a new ability named Ravage or Strike which is agnostic enough it could it in to any pet type esp Ravagers.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Smack is usually the ability for creatures that can’t bite or have no claws even though it has the same visual as claw
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

worgpower wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:53 pm Smack is usually the ability for creatures that can’t bite or have no claws even though it has the same visual as claw
Yup and it's a silly name.
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Talihawk wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:25 pm OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

I just hopped onto the new Beta, My Cloud Serpents have a new ICON and new FAMILY! Lesser Dragonkin.

I think I may cry with joy if this goes in the direction I hope it does! and it's FEROCITY. YYYYEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !

New ability:

It reads " The Lesser Dragonkin’s scales shimmer, reducing magical damage taken by 70% for 8 seconds. "
Tbh I feel it's shimmering scale is almost useless as it is very situational. I hope it will get updraft to compensate for it.

Shimmering scales feels like it should be an exotic ability because most exotic abilities are situational.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Updraft wouldn't make sense, since we know the hornswogs are part of the family. How would a frog uplift you? Croak out enough frog burp gas that you have a cloud that slowfalls you?

....Make it happen, Blizzard.
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

WerebearGuy wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:30 pm Updraft wouldn't make sense, since we know the hornswogs are part of the family. How would a frog uplift you? Croak out enough frog burp gas that you have a cloud that slowfalls you?

....Make it happen, Blizzard.
If owlcat can has updraft so can the toadagons. It has a big tummy because it has has gas. Dragonkin Flamey Gas makes us float. They all float.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I think the ability is very useful because in DF a lot of the npcs/dragons have magic based abilities, and your dragonkin can easily tank them, since these pets are ferocity, their health will stay higher, so it will rarely occur, but the visual is very cool
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

worgpower wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:05 pm I think the ability is very useful because in DF a lot of the npcs/dragons have magic based abilities, and your dragonkin can easily tank them, since these pets are ferocity, their health will stay higher, so it will rarely occur, but the visual is very cool
So it is situational because it's only useful in the Dragon Isle and not in other zones.
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

:oops:
worgpower wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:42 pm I’m so excited I compiled a list of what’s to come
-wilderlings
-hornswogs
-vorquins
-soul eaters
-razorwings
-mana and arcane wyrms(hopefully)
My list includes Wind Drakes, Stone Drakes, Storm Drakes and Slithering Drakes!
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

I'll throw my NEVER EVER in the mix and say that I want tameable Proto-Drakes. Of course, that's not going to happen since 80% of the current projected villain line is proto-drakes, but still. I want to have a matching set of pets to go with my Time-Lost Proto-Drake mount.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

ace_of_hearth wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:12 pm
worgpower wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:05 pm I think the ability is very useful because in DF a lot of the npcs/dragons have magic based abilities, and your dragonkin can easily tank them, since these pets are ferocity, their health will stay higher, so it will rarely occur, but the visual is very cool
So it is situational because it's only useful in the Dragon Isle and not in other zones.
Many creature types you encounter throughout the game are magic types, so it can be worth the try