Trouble posting

Sne
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Trouble posting

Unread post by Sne »

I dont like to post here but wife refuses to do it for me

Every time I try to post in the show dragons thread, every day I post mafia hatchlings I get "Invalid post" message. Sometimes I have to click submit up to three times and often that just send me to pg. 1 and I need to post again, get the msg and click submit.

Its rather annoying heh

Sne is Danish for Snow

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Trouble posting

Unread post by Wain »

That's a strange error. I haven't seen any reports of that before!

Do you have any browser addons or extensions? If so, could you please try disabling them all and see if it still gives you the error? I'm not sure what else might cause it :(
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Sne
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Sne »

I only run with addblock.. but I can try and disable it

Do you think it can be because from when I start making the reply til I post it there will sometimes go 30min maybe more.. takes a lot time to post so many different ppls dragons

I try taking a screenshot of it tomorrow.. and disable the addblocker

Sne is Danish for Snow

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh, I know what you're seeing! Don't worry, it's just a time-out because you took a while. But after the warning it should allow you to post again and it should work the second time, so you shouldn't lose anything.
Sne
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Sne »

hmm half the times on the second posting it dont submit the post but return me to pg. 1 of the show & sell your dragon thread... is that to do with the time too? sometimes i leave the post open for a couple of hours before submitting as sometimes friends and family are slow to link me their dragons...

are there anyway to disable to the "Invalid post" message? I get it every day and its been something which might make me give up posting the mafia hatchlings(not sure if you know what that is thoug) but ppl would be sad if I stopped

Sne is Danish for Snow

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Not that I'm aware of. I think it may be a quirk of the forum code, and that's beyond our control. I've never had an issue where it wouldn't let me post it on the second try, though :( Maybe it's a combination of the quirk and your blocker software, somehow. What browser do you use?
Sne
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Sne »

we use firefox for this site.

Sne is Danish for Snow

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Often when I'm going to be making a post with a lot of info and formatting, I'll organize it in a Word document (which I can save as I go) and then paste it into the forums when it's ready.
Sne
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Sne »

after disabling my addblocker I still get the error with returning to page 1 after clicking the second time

and thanks gorman but that solution is not for me

Sne is Danish for Snow

Sne
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Sne »

took a screenshot of the msg i get.. today it did not return to pg. 1 after submitting the second time.. but its about half/half

Sne is Danish for Snow

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I have seen that from time to time, I think it sometimes happens when I wait too long before hitting reply, but otherwise it's a little random and I've just gotten used to hitting backspace and retrying.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

I've had this message quite a few times and have found it pops up if I take too long to respond and/or switch tabs a little too much whilst typing. I've only ever had it happen with PMs, so I've never had it throw me away to the first page, but if you're worried about it deleting what you've typed, I recommend copying all of what you've typed before hitting submit. If the error occurs, then simply open up another reply box and paste everything in from before :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I did some reading and I may have found a way to improve the situation with a change in cookie configuration. Let me know if it works :)
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Ehmm I think the firefox browser are broke.. I can get to the login screen but it just keep logging me out. I get to this

You have been successfully logged in.

Return to the index page
but then it just retorn me to the index page and not having logged me in

Luckily it seams not to have effected the chrome browser..

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

clearing catche seemed to have helped

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Sne
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Sne »

after clicking submit for second time it returned me to the first page without posting .. I just clicked back and submit and then it worked like usually

Sne is Danish for Snow

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Tårnfalk wrote:Ehmm I think the firefox browser are broke.. I can get to the login screen but it just keep logging me out. I get to this

You have been successfully logged in.

Return to the index page
but then it just retorn me to the index page and not having logged me in

Luckily it seams not to have effected the chrome browser..
the problem is still on my mobile - clearing cache it that sadly did not help. But I can get in on every stationary computer now but on firefox I have to login every time even when I have clicked the remember me box.. Mobile phone browser is Samsung Internet I think.. not sure

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I’m not sure, sorry :(. I have Safari on iPhone. For that you have to go to your phone settings, then Safari, Advanced, Website Data, Search for Petopia, then hold and drag it left to delete it. Hopefully yours isn’t too different. Do Samsung phones use Chrome for their browser?
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Nope it's just called Samsung internet. Well on my Galaxy A3 it's called that. I finally got my mobile to log me in now. Here is how you do it

https://www.samsung.com/za/support/mobi ... galaxy-a3/

But on the stationare computer on my Firefox I have to login again if I leave the page. I don't log out and I have clicked the remember me box. Not too big a problem though. Just thought you should know.
Last edited by Ana on Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Apparently I managed to screw up the change I made to cookies last night. I apparently typed a comma where I was supposed to have typed a dot. I hope it's fixed now.