Welcome back, Mania! :hug:
Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Re: Petopia Corrections - Current Patch Only

Unread post by Qinni »

Wain wrote:
Qinni wrote:Drakkari Rhinos still don't have a "Makes grunts when clicked" tag :c
The site hasn't updated yet :P I did add a comment to that effect to the database so it will appear. But I just realized there are two ids for that rhino and I may or may not have added it to the correct one. Do you know which id., or both, do it?
Sorry for late reply, both do do it. C:

AND WELCOME BACK MANIA! -huggles-
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

Svarnos is mislabeled under felbeastskingreenblack. He should be under felbeastshadowmoon because he has green fire.

Boar Spirit is level 24-28. Petopia lists them as level 16-17.

Nether rays actually have six skins. Two skins, netherrayskingreen and netherwyrmskin, look almost alike. Marshfang Ripper use netherrayskingreen while Marshfang Slicer uses netherwyrmskin.

Also, isn't Drakkari Raptor Mount tameable now with the patch? I remember reading that they are tameable on beta.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Wassa wrote:Svarnos is mislabeled under felbeastskingreenblack. He should be under felbeastshadowmoon because he has green fire.
Boar Spirit is level 24-28. Petopia lists them as level 16-17.
Good catches. Thanks! I'll try to get the changes to Mania asap :)
Wassa wrote:Nether rays actually have six skins. Two skins, netherrayskingreen and netherwyrmskin, look almost alike. Marshfang Ripper use netherrayskingreen while Marshfang Slicer uses netherwyrmskin.
They're the same colouring, just I think one looks a bit higher res than the other or something. I think they're pretty much impossible to tell apart on the models, so it might only be more confusing to split them.
Wassa wrote:Also, isn't Drakkari Raptor Mount tameable now with the patch? I remember reading that they are tameable on beta.
Oh my god, I totally forgot that would be available before Mists!
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Magli
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonrunner

Unread post by Magli »

The thumbnail for the white water strider shows the orange water strider (it should have a red butt, not a yellow/orange one), and the thumbnail for the orange water strider might be displaying the yellow water strider...I think. It's a little hard to tell on my monitor, the two are so similar.

Thanks to Kurenio for the signature!

It was believed afterward that the man was a lunatic, because there was no sense in what he said.

Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

Wain wrote:
Wassa wrote:Nether rays actually have six skins. Two skins, netherrayskingreen and netherwyrmskin, look almost alike. Marshfang Ripper use netherrayskingreen while Marshfang Slicer uses netherwyrmskin.
They're the same colouring, just I think one looks a bit higher res than the other or something. I think they're pretty much impossible to tell apart on the models, so it might only be more confusing to split them.

I figured since Petopia shows other similar skins (yellow wind serpents, orange hyenas, and the new orange amur tigers) I would point out this one as well.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Wassa wrote:I figured since Petopia shows other similar skins (yellow wind serpents, orange hyenas, and the new orange amur tigers) I would point out this one as well.
Fair enough :) I'll have another look, but I think these ones really are almost impossible to tell apart, while the other ones have a few differences, however subtle.

I've submitted the other corrections to Mania (including notes on both grunting rhinos!).

I see water striders are a little bit mixed up right now. I'll see if I can sort it out. At least it doesn't affect any live ones. I think it's my fault for not noting changes in colour when I should have (I probably just changed them on the lists without saying anything, but after Mania had already taken the data).
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Greystone Basilisks also make noises when clicked.
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

The latest batch of corrections is on the site, up to and including the fixes for the waterstrider colors I had mixed up.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

GormanGhaste wrote:Greystone Basilisks also make noises when clicked.
Damn, I knew about them but forgot. Next update :/
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

The deep sea blue crab with purple markings is mislabeled as Blue w/Blue on the main crab page.

The Green w/Purple seems to be missing as well for upcoming crabs.

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

As posted by Jelani here, Plainsland Cheetahs are now in the Northern Barrens, level 11-12:

Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

More stuff from around the forums.

All seagulls make sounds when clicked. http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18823

Madexx in all his skin colors now has unique sounds. http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18851

The armored dire wolves, which includes all the mount skins, now all have green eyes. This might be a bug.

Smoky Porcupine uses blue skin not the dark skin.

I think Savage is unique skinned, so the Windward Sabers here are probably mislabeled.

starkittens
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: mok'nathal, Runetotem, and a couple others

Unread post by starkittens »

Wassa wrote:

I think Savage is unique skinned, so the Windward Sabers here are probably mislabeled.
Yes, Savage is Unique skinned
(Done by Quiv)
Oh, and just for giggles (aka, don't really put this on unless you want to be funny) Pet's note should be: "The trolling bird."
:mrgreen:

The burns of a fire may heal with time
but the burns from our love will never heal, even as the years pass on
{My Magistream Keep}{My DA}{My DC scroll}

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks very much guys! :) Hopefully the changes will be fixed soon. I'm just about to mail Mania about the last of them.

I probably won't note that the Horde scorpid model makes a different sound to the other one, since it's now a common model and so it's a general thing for that group. If it was just Madexx itself then I'd note it. I noted the seagulls, however, since sounds-on-clicked is still a rare thing. The green eyes on the riding worg may not be worth noting for now, at least till we know what's going on. If one NPC had green eyes and the other blue, then that'd be different.
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

It seems to be just Madexx himself that makes different noises reading the thread. Common versions of his skins make the normal scorpid noises. Guessing this is a quick fix for "WAH MY MADEXX ISN'T UNIQUE ANYMORE" people. =P

I'll test this now since I'm been hovering over green Madexx for about an hour now with no one that wants to tame him. =(

EDIT: Yup. Tamed both Madexx and Venomspitter Spitter and they do make different sounds. Madexx is lower in pitch with more echoes added in.

Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Soo, I've been "camping" ban'thalos for the past 9hrs and a few hours in the past few evenings...

Kalliope wrote:
Makoes wrote:Part of my wonders if I need to do a certain amount of quests in Hyjal before I am able to see Ban'thalos when he spawns. <snip>
"Flames from above" and "Protect the world tree" are the only quest I have for Hyjal atm.
Nope, you won't be able to see him. You need to free the four guardians before you can see Banny/start getting Hyjal dailies.
Would probably be a good idea to have that info on Ban'thalos' page or in his notes...

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

All the upcoming Spotted Caterpillar color variants are incorrectly listed as being in Jade Forest, instead of Townlong Steppes.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Gorman :) this is for Current patch only, not Beta information.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

It's only a few weeks away, and if the info can be fixed before MoP comes out, all the better. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!