Petopia Corrections - Current Patch Only

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Petopia Corrections - Current Patch Only

Unread post by Wain »

All corrections up to this point should now be live. Except Beauty is showing up as a drakeadon (my fault).
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Wain wrote:All corrections up to this point should now be live. Except Beauty is showing up as a drakeadon (my fault).
Bad Wain! She might feel insulted now....x3

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I bet she'd make an adorable drakeadon! *ponders*

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Nooot sure if this has been reported but.

Chelon is shown on Petopia as being the Camo Spiked Dragon Turtle, but in-game he is in fact the Gold Spiked Dragon Turtle.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:Nooot sure if this has been reported but.
Chelon is shown on Petopia as being the Camo Spiked Dragon Turtle, but in-game he is in fact the Gold Spiked Dragon Turtle.
No, that was my screw-up. Again. I've notified Mania. I hope she doesn't beat me this time. Thanks :)
7seti
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne

Unread post by 7seti »

"Dark-eye raven" is listed under carrion birds, but is in fact a bird of prey.

Tamed one today, here it is on my armory page:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/i ... -pet#69349

So far as I know, this is the only pet appearance to occur in two separate families.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

7seti wrote:"Dark-eye raven" is listed under carrion birds, but is in fact a bird of prey.
Tamed one today, here it is on my armory page:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/i ... -pet#69349
So far as I know, this is the only pet appearance to occur in two separate families.
Huh. That may have been me not paying attention. Thanks for catching that. I'll check up and see if the pet itself is intended to be one or the other. Other cases of this (like the vultures in Uldum) were fixed, so there's a chance they may do the same with this one.
Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

Ah, I didn't see this thread until I posted mine. ;;;; Sorry, Wain! Apparently we're missing a colour of devilsaurs.
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Kintsugi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Elune, Wyrmrest Accord, Earthen Ring

Unread post by Kintsugi »

Dark-Eye Ravens tame as Birds of Prey, not Carrion Birds. I just checked today, and they still do. Gilded Terns and Duskbats do not vocalize on click, though perhaps they used to. Also, Wulon appears to be a rare in the Vale now, not just part of a quest. I found him dead, with a silver dragon around his portrait. Yeah, I'm probably late to the game with alot of these XD. Also, there are a number of beasts that do vocalize, and also a number that tame smaller that aren't listed as such. I can post them if you want to know.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Pop pointed out the talking crabs in this thread. I wanted to also add that the color of these Shore Crawlers is listed incorrectly, they are White Crabs, not Blue Crabs.

The shore of Westfall is very confusing; not only is it easy to get the Sea Crawler and Shore Crawler beasts mixed up, but the Shore Crawler is the same size as the Shore Crab critter, which is red unless it's a catchable battle pet in which case it can be one of four colors :)

Edit: Even though the Shore Crawler is tiny pre-tame, it becomes normal size after taming.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but on the white bear page it has Shardtooth listed as being tamable by Alliance hunters. This is no longer possible. My fiance tried it earlier today and it came back as untamable and apparently hasn't been tamable since like 2011.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Kintsugi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Wulon, is a rare now, not part of a quest, is tameable and in the Silent Sanctuary, not in Gou-Lai Halls
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Roth-Salam, a rare orange beetle, has a note that says 'very large'. While I assume this refers to its pre-tame size, Roth-Salam is average-sized when tamed, and I suggest having the note removed so it is not misunderstood.
Kintsugi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

So, I went to Uldum to tame a "blue" crocolisk (btw...why are the blue ones called green and the green ones called blue?). There are supposed to be "blue" crocolisks among the Oasis Crocolisks. Either I'm extremely unobservant or the were feeling shy, but there was not a single "blue" crocolisk among the Oasis Crocolisks. I checked from the lake up at top of the zone (Oasis of Vir'sar), all the way down both branches of the river, to were it drains to the sea, three times. I couldn't find a single one. Oasis crocs seem to come in white, "green" and brown. No "blue". The Neferset crocs (white) and Riverbed crocs (brown) were how they are listed, in case you wondered. They come in the listed colors and only those. It just seems to be the "blue" Oasis croc that doesn't exist.
Kintsugi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

TygerDarkstorm wrote:I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but on the white bear page it has Shardtooth listed as being tamable by Alliance hunters. This is no longer possible. My fiance tried it earlier today and it came back as untamable and apparently hasn't been tamable since like 2011.
I can verify that Shardtooth's Alliance counterpart, the armored brown boars Snorts, cannot be tamed either.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Kintsugi wrote:So, I went to Uldum to tame a "blue" crocolisk (btw...why are the blue ones called green and the green ones called blue?). There are supposed to be "blue" crocolisks among the Oasis Crocolisks. Either I'm extremely unobservant or the were feeling shy, but there was not a single "blue" crocolisk among the Oasis Crocolisks. I checked from the lake up at top of the zone (Oasis of Vir'sar), all the way down both branches of the river, to were it drains to the sea, three times. I couldn't find a single one. Oasis crocs seem to come in white, "green" and brown. No "blue". The Neferset crocs (white) and Riverbed crocs (brown) were how they are listed, in case you wondered. They come in the listed colors and only those. It just seems to be the "blue" Oasis croc that doesn't exist.
Thanks. Yeah I'm pretty sure that was a data entry error that goes back a long way. I double-checked tonight as well :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

All the latest corrections are on the spreadsheet. Thanks very much to all of you for that :)

I've also updated them for the latest sound-on-click info, as per Kintsugi's thread. So an extra thank you for all that awesome work :) There were a few we didn't have and a few that were incorrect or changed.

None of these will be live until Mania is able to update Petopia, but at least they're on the spreadsheet.
Kintsugi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Well, I'm sure this has been noted before, but I made a Worgen and noticed that the Wary Mastiffs are also at Keel Harbor, once you get to the right phase close to the end. They're listed as just being at Stormglen Village
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Cool, thanks :) Added it to the updates
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Recent vocal pet finds since your last update:
Kintsugi posted about the Oil-stained Wolf and Kung Din, and
Torachi about the Ragged Young Wolf, which has a howl sound file in addition to the growl ones.

Also, the Krasari Mauler is listed as tameable. For both my toon that has finished the zone and my toon that hasn't started, this npc is dead. Is it alive during a specific quest? I see you posted a pic of it on wowhead, but was that during beta? I'm wondering if its tameability made it to live.

Edit: there is a live population that isn't shown on the Wowhead map. Thanks, Makoes!
Last edited by GormanGhaste on Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.