Petopia Corrections - Current Patch Only

Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Re: Petopia Corrections - Current Patch Only

Unread post by Xella »

Got four quick things for you today (also hi folks! long time no see, lmao):

- Hive Mother (an orange bee/wasp in Rosaline's Apiary in Stormsong Valley) retains her name after taming.
- On the Scalehides page, Shardhides subsection, there's a note that says "Many shardclaws are currently classified as bears, which seems odd. We're leaving them as unclassified until we get more info." which I suspect is outdated.
- Similarly on the Bears page, Primal Bears subsection, there's a note that says "This model looks like a druid form, rather than a wild bear. Perhaps it's a placeholder for a modified or new model." which I think is a holdover from before Dragonflight went live and it was commentary on the new/upcoming looks page (while they might still swap the model out later, it feels more and more unlikely as DF launch gets further away).
- This one might be old news, but Lesser Dragonkin is technically a Skill Family, but isn't listed under Skill Families on the main page.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

All those things should be fixed now. Thanks so much! :)

I procrastinated on the Lesser Dragonkin as a skill family thing, because it was complicated, since not all dragonkin require the same skill. But I finally fixed it.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Xella »

I only tracked down three packs and didn't wait for respawns, but every Coppertooth Pup (Maned Wolf, Yellow-Brown and Brown) I found today north of Boralus in Tiragarde Sound was flagged as untameable. The other Coppertooth wolves in the area were properly tagged as tameable still, though!
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Xella »

On the Waterfowl family page, up at the top where all their pet abilities are listed, Oiled Feathers (the family's disease/magic/poison self-dispel ability) is missing.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Xella wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:54 am On the Waterfowl family page, up at the top where all their pet abilities are listed, Oiled Feathers (the family's disease/magic/poison self-dispel ability) is missing.
Oops! Thanks for catching that! It wasn't updated properly when the family name changed, and I hadn't caught it. It's fixed now.
shadow12000

Unread post by shadow12000 »

All of the references to Tenacity (all families and the Family Specializations page) still list it having the Survival of the Fittest ability. Needs to be changed to the Fortitude of the Bear ability.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I figured I'd mention that now that Shadowlands is part of Chromie Time, the pets from those zones scale from 10+ and you can go tame them at those levels if you choose that path.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

shadow12000 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:33 pm All of the references to Tenacity (all families and the Family Specializations page) still list it having the Survival of the Fittest ability. Needs to be changed to the Fortitude of the Bear ability.
Thanks so much for catching this! I thought I changed that ages ago, but apparently not :/ It's fixed now.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Vephriel wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 2:56 am I figured I'd mention that now that Shadowlands is part of Chromie Time, the pets from those zones scale from 10+ and you can go tame them at those levels if you choose that path.
Thanks! I'll have to adjust those later. Do all zones from Shadowlands and below work in Chromie Time, so is the min. level of all pets prior to DF now 10-ish ( I presume ones that were, say. 62, would now be min. 12). Does this affects raids and instances too? I may have to adjust the entire database for this.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Wain wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 11:54 am
Vephriel wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 2:56 am I figured I'd mention that now that Shadowlands is part of Chromie Time, the pets from those zones scale from 10+ and you can go tame them at those levels if you choose that path.
Thanks! I'll have to adjust those later. Do all zones from Shadowlands and below work in Chromie Time, so is the min. level of all pets prior to DF now 10-ish ( I presume ones that were, say. 62, would now be min. 12). Does this affects raids and instances too? I may have to adjust the entire database for this.
From what I can see, all 4 Shadowlands zones now display 10-60 after arrival, and I can freely fly between any of them (I have the flight path toy unlocked). I came here to test taming something on a new hunter I rolled yesterday. I haven't done any dungeons yet, but I imagine they will be scaled too if you queue for them at these levels since they show 10-60 on my Dungeon Finder for this character.