Petopia Corrections - Current Patch Only

Masquerain
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst

Re: Petopia Corrections - Current Patch Only

Unread post by Masquerain »

Deathtalon is currently listed as a level 100 Elite Rare on the website, but in reality he is a level 103 Elite Rare. The wowhead page corroborates this.

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=95053/deathtalon
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Masquerain wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:52 pm Deathtalon is currently listed as a level 100 Elite Rare on the website, but in reality he is a level 103 Elite Rare. The wowhead page corroborates this.

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=95053/deathtalon
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

This may have been done intentionally to redirect people to the merged family, but Rylaks are still listed on the front page in the exotic section at the bottom.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

GormanGhaste wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:44 am This may have been done intentionally to redirect people to the merged family, but Rylaks are still listed on the front page in the exotic section at the bottom.
Crap, I can't believe I missed this. Sorry! I've fixed it now. Thanks for reporting it :)
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

LASS-E with the best look at the color I could manage.
LASS-E with the best look at the color I could manage.
WoWScrnShot_050120_195439.jpg (233.87 KiB) Viewed 26715 times
The mechanical dogfrom the gnome hierloom quest, LASS-E x12, is not represented in the list of mechanical dogs.
It's hard to tell with the color of the location, but LASS-E looks to be the orange variety. I don't know if it's tameable or not, as my gnome wasn't a hunter.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Kurasu wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:03 pm The mechanical dogfrom the gnome hierloom quest, LASS-E x12, is not represented in the list of mechanical dogs.
It's hard to tell with the color of the location, but LASS-E looks to be the orange variety. I don't know if it's tameable or not, as my gnome wasn't a hunter.
Thanks, according to Wowhead's model viewer it's that orange colour. And it's not flagged tameable on their site. I doubt I'll ever do the heritage quest to check for myself. Do you know if it's phased or could non-participants see it?
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

It's phased; it's in an instance of the Gnomeregon dungeon. I don't think you could even group up and sync, but I could be wrong about that.

When it died with 'WAS I A G-GOOD B-B-B-BOY?" my heart broke a little and so I *have* to get one now! ;)
Come see Kurasu's stables!
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

When Sourtooth is in a pet search result, the picture does not display correctly: https://www.wow-petopia.com/search.php? ... familylook.

The picture displays just fine if you go to Sourtooth's page, though.

I'm also a little confused about beasts that have a vignette tag. Some of them just seem to be open world tames, so I'm not sure what it means?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

GormanGhaste wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:25 am When Sourtooth is in a pet search result, the picture does not display correctly: https://www.wow-petopia.com/search.php? ... familylook.

The picture displays just fine if you go to Sourtooth's page, though.
Thanks for catching that! I turns out it was freaking out because the name for its colour/look has a comma in it, and the tabulator was using commas as a data separator :P It should be fixed now!
GormanGhaste wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:25 am I'm also a little confused about beasts that have a vignette tag. Some of them just seem to be open world tames, so I'm not sure what it means?
I stopped classifying those. Maybe I should just change them all to rares. "Vignette" is a Blizzard term for creatures with silver portraits that aren't actually rare, but respawn regularly and they only count as special for their first kill. Back when they were first introduced I used to distinguish them from true rares, but I haven't for a couple of expansions.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Oh ok, I didn't even know it was a blizzard technical term. My mind was always going to the vignette meaning of short evocative scene, which always made me think of phased scenarios :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

GormanGhaste wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:23 am Oh ok, I didn't even know it was a blizzard technical term. My mind was always going to the vignette meaning of short evocative scene, which always made me think of phased scenarios :)
Yeah, I guess why they called them that, because they were small once-off encounters :)
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Marsh Gulpers do not vocalize on click.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

GormanGhaste wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:50 pm Marsh Gulpers do not vocalize on click.
Fixed, thanks! It's odd, because the vast majority of that model do make sounds. This one is still really tiny, too. Like, rat sized.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Shadowlands pets are showing up in pet searches. I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing but if kept, there should be a toggle for showing future pets with the default being not.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

GormanGhaste wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:35 am Shadowlands pets are showing up in pet searches. I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing but if kept, there should be a toggle for showing future pets with the default being not.
Good suggestion :) I've added a checkbox. The default is currently to include upcoming pets, but I can look at it again when I have more time.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

ty, works great! my up-and-coming goblin hunter just hit his 50s and was getting interesting results :)
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

table in the brown python page is a little wonky

https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id=pythonbrown
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

GormanGhaste wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:00 pm table in the brown python page is a little wonky

https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id=pythonbrown
Fixed. Thanks! One missing apostrophe in the html of the notes of just one pet and it turns everything weird :P
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I believe the image for the 'black' pig is incorrect. Every one that I have tamed is a lighter shade. The funny thing is, I think that is the coloration of Betsy when she is dead. When she is tamed, she ends up a grey color like all the others.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

GormanGhaste wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:48 am I believe the image for the 'black' pig is incorrect. Every one that I have tamed is a lighter shade. The funny thing is, I think that is the coloration of Betsy when she is dead. When she is tamed, she ends up a grey color like all the others.
I'll check it out but it could be due to other texture effects not being applied to the model in WoW Model Viewer. If so I'll re-take the images on wow.tools . Their model viewer isn't as easy to configure (it's messy to get things in the right pose) but at least the textures and lighting are mostly accurate.