Petopia Corrections - Current Patch Only

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Petopia Corrections - Current Patch Only

Unread post by Wain »

From the new ZG quest chain in Northern Stranglethorn, the following three beasts are both phased and untameable:
- Jungle Serpent brown serpent, spawns around the eastern half of Northern Stranglethorn.
- Razzashi Serpent brown serpent, spawns around Nesingwary's camp in the same zone, can be targetted but can't be attacked.

- Mauti - black saber model cat
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Fafnir
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Fafnir »

The Blackrock Battle Worgs (black skinny wolf) are no longer pacifists, and attack normally (though them not attacking wasn't mentioned before anyway actually)
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Wain wrote:The one thing I didn't change is Ghost Howl. He's reported to no longer have a silver dragon. Does he still spawn rarely? If so I'll report him to Noah, as it's possibly a bug.
I tamed Ghost Howl today, level 8, no silver dragon. Waited around over 20 minutes, killing beast respawns around Wildmane Water Well, without seeing Ghost Howl respawn. Also checked the spawn location south of TB before leaving Mulgore.
kittenhc
Realm: aggramar

Unread post by kittenhc »

i noticed you are missing a key aspect of some of the cat skins.

http://static.wowhead.com/uploads/scree ... 226008.jpg
Pogeyan is a shimmer-skin brown hunched cat with flaming eyes the same is for the http://static.wowhead.com/uploads/scree ... 197428.jpg hunched tigers and the http://static.wowhead.com/uploads/scree ... 209393.jpg swarming guardians.

they all have the shimmer-skin look too them so i think you should edit the gallery to include that aspect of these pets since they are the only cat pets that have the shimmer-skin and flaming eyes and it is a big reason alot of people like them.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

kittenhc wrote:i noticed you are missing a key aspect of some of the cat skins.

http://static.wowhead.com/uploads/scree ... 226008.jpg
Pogeyan is a shimmer-skin brown hunched cat with flaming eyes the same is for the http://static.wowhead.com/uploads/scree ... 197428.jpg hunched tigers and the http://static.wowhead.com/uploads/scree ... 209393.jpg swarming guardians.

they all have the shimmer-skin look too them so i think you should edit the gallery to include that aspect of these pets since they are the only cat pets that have the shimmer-skin and flaming eyes and it is a big reason alot of people like them.
WMV has a hard time displaying the shiny metallic effect on the models. The flaming eyes are there as well, just not as noticeable as in game.
kittenhc
Realm: aggramar

Unread post by kittenhc »

WMV has a hard time displaying the shiny metallic effect on the models. The flaming eyes are there as well, just not as noticeable as in game.

it should still be noted of the effect, since the shimmer is the reason most people tame these
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

When using the search feature on Petopia and clicking it to "No Exotics" the ant silithids are still showing up in the results.
Edit: Chimaeras are as well. Actually, I think it's safe to say that the "No Exotics" feature isn't eliminating exotics from the results at all. :)

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks for checking Ghost Howl, GormanGhaste :) I reported him to Noah, so I'll wait for a response before I decide whether to change him in the database or if it's a bug that'll be fixed soon.

Apart from him, and the two Deadmines parrots, can anyone name any other rares that are missing their portraits?
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

The only other "semi-rare" beast I can think of are Galak Packhounds, because they only spawn with the rare Achellios the Banished but the hyenas themselves do not have a silver dragon on their portraits.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks :) It sounds like they're worth ignoring as real rares, even though they are effectively rare. I'll wait for feedback from Noah before I decide what to do about the others, then I'll make the next batch of corrections :)
Dragonhawk

Unread post by Dragonhawk »

Hi and thanks for this great website - I've used it a long time although I just joined the Forums.

It's not strictly an error, but I think you might be more explicit (in the "4.1 and beyond" part of the site) that pet XP is completely gone. It's not just what the 4.1 patch notes say, that a tamed or unstabled pet assumes your level. Even if you never stable it again, the pet now levels automatically as you level, like a warlock pet or a mage elemental. Even though the Pet UI still shows a pet XP bar, the pet no longer gains any XP from kills. The bar sits unused. This is a lot different from the way hunters have played since vanilla.

Thanks again for a great site.
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Sian-Rotam is still listed as a Spawned beast, not a Rare like he is today.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

A very minor correction, on the Wasp page http://www.wow-petopia.com/family/wasp.html the Blue small-body one is mistakenly categorized under the Boss Wasp heading.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Dragonhawk wrote:Hi and thanks for this great website - I've used it a long time although I just joined the Forums.

It's not strictly an error, but I think you might be more explicit (in the "4.1 and beyond" part of the site) that pet XP is completely gone. It's not just what the 4.1 patch notes say, that a tamed or unstabled pet assumes your level. Even if you never stable it again, the pet now levels automatically as you level, like a warlock pet or a mage elemental. Even though the Pet UI still shows a pet XP bar, the pet no longer gains any XP from kills. The bar sits unused. This is a lot different from the way hunters have played since vanilla.

Thanks again for a great site.
No they dont. It only applies to tamed pets. :) They still level as need be if they're not stabled.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

All of my pets ding with me as I level just like a warlock or mage.

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:All of my pets ding with me as I level just like a warlock or mage.
Do they? Mine didn't do that. Mine still had to level. Maybe I got bugged or something. Well thats no fun.

LisaaraPokefarm

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Yeah...I don't have to level any of my pets anymore. It's almost depressing really.

[/center]
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:Yeah...I don't have to level any of my pets anymore. It's almost depressing really.
Where did the bond goooo?! *insert dramatic scene of woe here*

LisaaraPokefarm

Dragonhawk

Unread post by Dragonhawk »

Jessibelle wrote:No they dont. It only applies to tamed pets. :) They still level as need be if they're not stabled.
I am not sure what "no they don't" means in Jessibelle's post, but here is what I mean. Summon your favorite pet and open the Pet UI pane. You will see a pet XP bar which might have some nonzero percentage of XP when you mouse over it, or might be 0. My warp stalker shows 45%.

Next, kill some XP-granting mobs so that your own XP bar appreciably moves - but don't level up yet. And now open that Pet UI pane again. The pet XP bar will still be exactly where it was before. The pet gained no XP. Which makes sense of course since the pet's at your level.

Now go ahead and level up. Look at your pet XP bar. Not only does the pet level the instant you do, but that pet XP bar is exactly where it was before you leveled - 45% or whatever. It will never change, at least until Blizzard patches the game to remove the bar from our sight.

So what I am saying is, the pet XP mechanism is gone completely. Every pet you have, and every pet you acquire, matches your level exactly, and never gains XP anymore, like a mage or warlock pet. I think that maybe Petopia should spell this out. Because even in 4.0.x when a tamed pet came in at L-3, there was some leveling work to do on the pet, and the more pets you had, the more time you spent leveling them. Now the task of pet leveling is gone.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Dragonhawk wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:No they dont. It only applies to tamed pets. :) They still level as need be if they're not stabled.
I am not sure what "no they don't" means in Jessibelle's post, but here is what I mean. Summon your favorite pet and open the Pet UI pane. You will see a pet XP bar which might have some nonzero percentage of XP when you mouse over it, or might be 0. My warp stalker shows 45%.

Next, kill some XP-granting mobs so that your own XP bar appreciably moves - but don't level up yet. And now open that Pet UI pane again. The pet XP bar will still be exactly where it was before. The pet gained no XP. Which makes sense of course since the pet's at your level.

Now go ahead and level up. Look at your pet XP bar. Not only does the pet level the instant you do, but that pet XP bar is exactly where it was before you leveled - 45% or whatever. It will never change, at least until Blizzard patches the game to remove the bar from our sight.

So what I am saying is, the pet XP mechanism is gone completely. Every pet you have, and every pet you acquire, matches your level exactly, and never gains XP anymore, like a mage or warlock pet. I think that maybe Petopia should spell this out. Because even in 4.0.x when a tamed pet came in at L-3, there was some leveling work to do on the pet, and the more pets you had, the more time you spent leveling them. Now the task of pet leveling is gone.
Yeah I retract my statement. Damnit blizz...taking all the fun away from bein a hunter.

LisaaraPokefarm