Page 26 of 30

Re: Petopia Corrections - Current Patch Only

Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:49 pm
by Wain
Thanks! I'll look into those too. :)

I'm hoping a more dynamic version of the site (using php) will be in soon and I can start making live corrections on my own. Depending on how long that takes, I may hold off on these latest corrections until then. It'll be much easier if I can.

Re: Petopia Corrections - Current Patch Only

Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:58 pm
by TygerDarkstorm
Oh okay cool. That would be awesome if you could do that. ^_^ If that happens, I noticed that all of the small icons don't give hover blip thingers. So far just seems to be with the MoP and maybe later pets; I haven't looked into them all.

Re: Petopia Corrections - Current Patch Only

Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:36 pm
by Iowawolf
Under the wolves page you have Frostfang in Storm Peaks as tamable but when I look on Wowhead they say it isn't and when you try tells you invalid target unless you need to be at war with them it is not tamable.

Re: Petopia Corrections - Current Patch Only

Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:45 pm
by Wain
Iowawolf wrote:Under the wolves page you have Frostfang in Storm Peaks as tamable but when I look on Wowhead they say it isn't and when you try tells you invalid target unless you need to be at war with them it is not tamable.
Thanks for catching that. I corrected the spreadsheet, but the change isn't live yet.

Re: Petopia Corrections - Current Patch Only

Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:58 pm
by WhyNotCats909

Re: Petopia Corrections - Current Patch Only

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:25 am
by TygerDarkstorm
For some of reason the bird of prey special ability links to the tenacity section of pet buffs.
http://www.wow-petopia.com/talents/skills.html#tenacity

Re: Petopia Corrections - Current Patch Only

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:17 pm
by Vephriel
A very minor thing, and I only realized this because I've been working on my Isle of Thunder achievements, but I think Cera might be missing from the brown direhorn list (even though she's not tameable). Just for completionist's sake. :)

Re: Petopia Corrections - Current Patch Only

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:01 am
by Wain
I now have direct access to the Petopia database to fix things.

So far I've added the missing beasts that were mentioned, set Frostfang as non-tameable and added a description for Reflective Plating.

Thanks for all those corrections :)


Next I'll see why the Crane and Porcupine pages don't dispay tooltips on abilities. Very odd.

Then I'll sort out the mess of Moth colours.

Re: Petopia Corrections - Current Patch Only

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:04 am
by Wain
TygerDarkstorm wrote:For some of reason the bird of prey special ability links to the tenacity section of pet buffs.
http://www.wow-petopia.com/talents/skills.html#tenacity
It turns out there were two "tenacity" anchors on the page, one for the "Tenacity" pet adaptation and another for the "Tenacity" ability of Birds of Prey.

I simply removed the grouping by adaptation and now all families are listed in the same table, alphabetically. Hopefully it should work now :)

Re: Petopia Corrections - Current Patch Only

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:48 am
by Vephriel
Nice work Wain! :)

Re: Petopia Corrections - Current Patch Only

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:12 am
by Wain
I fixed the tooltips issues for cranes, porcupines and bears.

Just the moths to go, for now, then I can work on getting the Legion stuff up.

Re: Petopia Corrections - Current Patch Only

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:44 am
by Wain
Moths should now be fixed. Hopefully all moths appear under their correct look.

The looks keys for some moths have changed, for consistency. Originally it didn't matter too much if they weren't consistent with the official skin names, but now we have all kinds of wing-body skin combos and there's literally 100 possible looks, so consistency becomes critical to avoid confusion like we had.

The old .html file versions have kept their old names, but refer to the proper colours in the php file versions. If that makes any sense. For example, mothskinyellow_green.html now refers to look.php?id=mothskinyellow-redwings .

Re: Petopia Corrections - Current Patch Only

Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:50 pm
by TygerDarkstorm
Thanks for all your hard work making those fixes, Wain. :) :hug:

Re: Petopia Corrections - Current Patch Only

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:30 am
by Varethyn
Thanks indeed for all the effort you've been putting into this Wain :) But I have to prod you with one more thing: On the Oxen page the blue musken is currently listed under shoveltusks.

Re: Petopia Corrections - Current Patch Only

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:26 am
by Wain
Thanks for pointing that out. The database entry actually seems to be correct, but there seems to be something weird going on with the way the page displays tables, in particular that one which is an unused look. I'm still trying to work it out, but it's very strange!

Re: Petopia Corrections - Current Patch Only

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:49 am
by Wain
There, should be fixed :)

Re: Petopia Corrections - Current Patch Only

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:28 pm
by Varethyn
Aha I see. You're welcome and it is displaying properly now, good job :)

Re: Petopia Corrections - Current Patch Only

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:21 pm
by Kalliope
Flyra wrote:Really sorry to be a bother. Not sure if this is the right place. Duskstalker is actually level 8 and is listed as lvl 9 on Petopia.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=14430/duskstalker
Quoting this for organizational purposes. :)

Re: Petopia Corrections - Current Patch Only

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:21 am
by Wain
Duskstalker is fixed. Thanks :)

Re: Petopia Corrections - Current Patch Only

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:39 pm
by GormanGhaste
Wain wrote:Moths should now be fixed. Hopefully all moths appear under their correct look.

The looks keys for some moths have changed, for consistency. Originally it didn't matter too much if they weren't consistent with the official skin names, but now we have all kinds of wing-body skin combos and there's literally 100 possible looks, so consistency becomes critical to avoid confusion like we had.

The old .html file versions have kept their old names, but refer to the proper colours in the php file versions. If that makes any sense. For example, mothskinyellow_green.html now refers to look.php?id=mothskinyellow-redwings .
Bloodspore Moths have red bodies and beige wings, but are currently displaying with both pic and text for beige bodies and greens wings.