Magnakilro's black-ish wind serpent

Magnakilro
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar

Magnakilro's black-ish wind serpent

Unread post by Magnakilro »

Just need a name for my new wind serpent...nothing silly. Maybe something to reference traits of a wind serpent or his looks.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_020310_221314.jpg
WoWScrnShot_020310_221314.jpg (221.52 KiB) Viewed 1590 times
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Re: Magnakilro's black-ish wind serpent

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Hmmmm there are not all that may words that I could combine that had a decent flow to them that embraced it's full potential.

Here are the best ones I could come up with :)

Quetzephyr [Quetzalcoatl+Zephyr

Leviastorm [Leviathan+Storm]

Typhobra [Typhoon+Cobra]

Monsoonake [Monsoon+Snake]

Quetzalcobra [Quetzalcoatl+Cobra]

S.Binder :D

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Stranglehold for yet another Razor Hill reference. Plus, it fits to basically any snake.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Rarako
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Hakkar, Mug'thol

Unread post by Rarako »

Have to say what drew me to this wind serpent was it's beautiful blue color. Being the art/art history dweeb that I am I decided to name mine after a stone called Lapis Lazuli which is a lovely semiprecious stone that is blue with flakes of silver and gold. It was highly prized back in the day as a catalyst to create a blue pigment when mixing paints.

Lapis (meaning stone in Latin), Lazuli (stone of Lāzhward), Azure, and Azur are all good names based on the stone or it's color, or you could go the same rout I did and name it for a place that the stone is found. Badakhshan is one of the fist places be be mined for this stone (and my old pets name), the Kokcha River is where the highest quality Lapis can be found, and the Lake Baikal region of Russia is also an area where the stone can be found.

If you want a name for it's dark coloration Onyx, Hematite, Obsidian, or Jet (which can conduct an electric charge with friction) are all good choices in my humble opinion. Hope this helped some. ^_^

Many thanks to Vephriel for the amazing sig!