Archaeology question.

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Bellatryx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Archaeology question.

Unread post by Bellatryx »

Ok. I haven't seen this anywhere but.. If you solve an artifact will you be able to make another one or is it basically good for one shot only? Say if i wanted a raptor pet on each of my characters each would have to pick up archaeology on each of them even though the pet is BoA??

Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Re: Archaeology question.

Unread post by Sarayana »

The raptor minipet is boa?

From what I've seen, once you solve something it moves onto the next artifact. Perhaps it's like the mechanical chicken, you can only do the quests once and get one chicken from it, but if you choose to sell it that's up to you.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Bellatryx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Bellatryx »

Totalbiscuit said the mounts were BoA so I assumed the pet might be as well.. but then again makes more sense to be trade-able.

Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Well I just meant that I'd guess you can only make it once and, like the rocket chicken, it's up to you whether to keep it on the toon that made/earned it. If it's boa you obv. can't sell it. I was just drawing parallels.

It's kinda awesome that it's boa though, that way you don't have to worry about making your mount collector the archeologist (or if you have two separate toons as mount and minipet collector, so on).

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I don't get this to find stuff with this do they like show up on your mini map like ore nodes or something?
Darknez

Realm: Bloodhoof - EU, Hellscream - EU

Unread post by Darknez »

You see dig sites appear on your world map - I think theres 4 dig sites per continent (Eastern Kingdoms, Kalimdor, Outland & Northrend).
When you are in the dig site, you use your survey ability. You will either get a relic (or more likely) an indication of which direction to move in and how far away the relic is.

It looks like a telescope with a coloured light (red, yellow green - red means the relic is far away, yellow is relatively near, and green is very close). So just keep surveying in the direction the telescope is pointing. Eventually you will find a relic.

No one else can steal your finds - and people will see different dig sites on the map to you (although some people will still have the same dig site as you, they cannot interfere with your archaeology).

At some point you will only be able to see (and dig) sites that are equivalent to your archaeology skill. Currently you can survey and loot any dig site regardless of skill.

There's some info on Archaeology here: http://www.wowwiki.com/Archaeology
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/755 ... nformation
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/196 ... Blue-Posts
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/196 ... Blue-Posts
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Oh ok thanks for the info!