any difference realy between spirit beasts?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
zidev
Realm: Uldaman

any difference realy between spirit beasts?

Unread post by zidev »

Hello,

Is there any DPS difference at all between the spirit beasts or are they basically all the same creature with a different sound and skin theme?
I only ask becouse I myself dont have all the spirit beasts to compair too.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Re: any difference realy between spirit beasts?

Unread post by Ryno »

zidev wrote:Hello,

Is there any DPS difference at all between the spirit beasts or are they basically all the same creature with a different sound and skin theme?
I only ask becouse I myself dont have all the spirit beasts to compair too.
All spirit beasts are IDENTICAL except for looks. Stat wise they are identical. It's just a matter of what floats your boat. ;)

zidev
Realm: Uldaman

Unread post by zidev »

thats what I figured :P
Vespias
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Vespias »

Agreed...I have all 4 and have them all at lvl 80 and I just use them according to whichever look happens to strike me that particular day. The only reasons for having more than one is the variance in looks and the "thrill of the hunt" in camping, waiting, and finally capturing each one. IMO, Gondria is the easiest to get while Arcturis is second only due to his single spawn area. Once the novelty of his look wears off he may become easiest. I think Loq and Skoll are about on the same level of difficulty due to the numerous spawn sites each has. Loq may have an edge in difficulty since he is on the list of rares and ppl going after that achievement will readily kill him should they spot him. 8-)

Jroaeyl
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Jroaeyl »

"thrill of the hunt" is correct. I'll always be a BM hunter because I love to hunt. The Spirit Beasts are like trophies in my stable.

My favorite is still Loquena'hak. I love his sleekness and his deep-sounding roars during combat. I have never liked the run animation of the wolves and worgs but love the old world ones (ex. Prairie Wolf). However since I've tamed King Krush, he's always been my main pet -- primarily because he stands out (green!), awesome DPS, and because of the training difficulty which I'd like to boast about -- but don't get me wrong, I teach the training methods I use to whoever asks!

I'll be posting my pet talent builds in a while...
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

I think of Spirit Beasts as Pokemon really. =P Most people only tame them for looks. XD Including myself.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Carnacki
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Dragonblight US

Unread post by Carnacki »

Arcturius has slightly larger hit box.
Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Sha'Halo

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

I've found that regrettably, Skoll seems to do a bit less damage. The stats are the same but it 'feels' like less when you're running him. I've not done any deep detailed studies, but many people on my server say the same thing. That he hits a bit light.

It's a shame as he's my fave skin. but I'm not "HARD CORE RAIDER" (( what BM really is?)) so I just use him anyway for daily stuff and like every other hunter, switch out for a wolf when I hit raids or dungeons.

Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

Skoll should not do less damage than the other spirit beasts. just like a white wolf shouldnt do less than a grey one. If he does then there is a bug somewhere, but truely his dps should be the same as gondria/loque/arcturis.

i can use anny pet in guildraids if i want, even a tanking pet. my guilds (main is alli and alt is horde) doesnt mind.
Though i tend to use Lycan (my grimtotem spirit guide) and Tubshark or Skitty(wolf and cat) when on horde anyway.

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
Lilandre
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow (US

Unread post by Lilandre »

Well the model/skin itself might be a bonus in pvp in a similar way to the ghostsaber. Gondria and Arcturus are both near invisible while prowling, BUUUUUUT unless you disable Spirit strike (nuuuu) your pet wont be getting anywhere near Detection range so its a moot point.

Lil, What does beast lore say about its armor rating?
ITS OVER 9000!!!!

Suicune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst/Staghelm

Unread post by Suicune »

I actually read somewhere that Skoll does less damage out of all of the SB (not including Arcturis, this was when Skoll first was patched in). Forget where, but iirc someone did tests of some sort to calculate it. Seems to me that I always did my best dps with Loque, but could have been coincidence.
~Queen of the Spirit Beasts~

Follow me on Twitter @GoddessSuicune

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced <-Main.

http://goddess-suicune.deviantart.com/ <-Rarely updated, too busy playing WoW. :lol:

The Dark Swarm is always looking for new faces! Stop by our Guild website: http://www.thedarkswarm.gamerlaunch.com (Azuremyst/Staghelm)
Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

I've witnessed the same thing. I had Skoll, Loque, and Gondria. I always did best with Loque..... I remember running lvl 80 dailys with skoll and then loque and being done about 10 min eariler with loque.

All things are not equal. You know each day you find different baddies to kill in larger or smaller groups, but as COOL As Skoll looks, he 'feels' like he hits less hard.

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:I've witnessed the same thing. I had Skoll, Loque, and Gondria. I always did best with Loque..... I remember running lvl 80 dailys with skoll and then loque and being done about 10 min eariler with loque.

All things are not equal. You know each day you find different baddies to kill in larger or smaller groups, but as COOL As Skoll looks, he 'feels' like he hits less hard.
It would be interesting if we can get some people to do some tests on this. If I had Skoll I'd volunteer in a heartbeat, but sadly I do not.

Off topic though, Pepsi Jedi, your sig is eerily similar to my thought process. :shock:

Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Thanks. Totally waiting to play a goblin Shaman... but.. I've leveled hunter for so long.. I'm likly to get 10 levels in and switch right to a Goblin Hunter. Can you imagine one with a corehound? lol

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master

Unread post by Ryno »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:Thanks. Totally waiting to play a goblin Shaman... but.. I've leveled hunter for so long.. I'm likly to get 10 levels in and switch right to a Goblin Hunter. Can you imagine one with a corehound? lol
I'd love to see a goblin with a devilsaur. But he's a horrible master, the devilsaur would repeatedly try to eat him. :lol:

*ahem* but on topic...

I might give up hunting for King Krush, and tame Skoll, and compare his DPS to Loque's. For the moment though, I'm hoping someone else with both will step up to the plate, so to speak.

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I have tested the 2 Spirit beasts I have on the target dummies and Gondria and Skoll both do the same. Sometimes one will win and sometimes the other. It all depends on the randomness of the crits, as always. I do wish that Skoll had the bite ability instead of claw though, but that probably would make him do more than the others. I raid with a Warhound from Ramparts for his higher dps but I like Skoll's look better. Not only the cool lightning effect but the fact that the long fangs are in the top jaw where they should be and not on the bottom.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master

Unread post by Ryno »

Danielfboone wrote:I have tested the 2 Spirit beasts I have on the target dummies and Gondria and Skoll both do the same.
Can you say how long you did the testing? But it's good to know they do the same.

Orni
Realm: EU Krag'Jin

Unread post by Orni »

To make it perfectly clear :

ALL pets got EXACTLY the SAME stats !!

Regardless of their pet family or which particular pet or any other variables ... they are all the same !

In between the pets there are only 3 possible differences:

-Their look
-Their family skill
-Which of the 3 beast types they belong to (their skill tree)

That's all!
There isn't any other possible difference except for this three
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Ryno wrote:
Danielfboone wrote:I have tested the 2 Spirit beasts I have on the target dummies and Gondria and Skoll both do the same.
Can you say how long you did the testing? But it's good to know they do the same.
I did 5 tests with each one and the averages were virtually the same.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master

Unread post by Ryno »

Danielfboone wrote:
Ryno wrote:
I did 5 tests with each one and the averages were virtually the same.
Mmk. Thanks, hehe.